Tried to get it to Graham

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
bandiger":2hvc8889 said:
I'll let the critics with access to coaching tape analyze this stuff. Whether this is RW being scared or Bevel's just being inept at designing plays for Graham in general.

Maybe they should watch some tape of him in New Orleans and borrow a few plays.

baoweezzy

Reaction score
As much as i hate to say this but this sounds awfully similtar to the percy harvin situation, on the field of course.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cyrus12":fy7ep7va said:
Brees used to just throw it up and let Jimmy take over...They don't take the chance in this offence..
We do take chances... We throw mostly to our short receivers. We throw slants at the 1 foot line to 4th string receivers then we lob short balls to our running backs in a crowd.

justafan

Reaction score
I would love have a a few more throws to JG but NO didnt win squat with Graham as the focal point.In fact Im trying to think of a SB winner that had that type of an offense that focused around finesse non blocking TE.

I would bet Wilson learns to take more chances and Graham will get better at the scramble drills but this will never be NOs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawks46":3sf0q310 said:
Rob12":3sf0q310 said:
Two targets... A matchup nightmare... Otherworldly talent.

Two targets.

No excuses.

I could'nt agree more. Honestly, why the hell did we trade for him?

10 million a year is a hell of a lot for a blocking te

Jimmy don't surf.. err.. block.

So really it's 10 million a year is a hell of a lot for a non block, non catching TE.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
JG will die here we will not get him the ball . Or now we will force it to him resulting in turnovers galore .
This kinda TE needs the ball throw to a spot and get it RW will not do that unless he is so open he don't throw contested balls at all

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
A good defensive opponent can have a lot to do with taking away a weapon from your offense, especially if it's one you're not use to using.

The connection between Russ and Jimmy will come.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":r0s20ijz said:
bandiger":r0s20ijz said:
I'll let the critics with access to coaching tape analyze this stuff. Whether this is RW being scared or Bevel's just being inept at designing plays for Graham in general.

Maybe they should watch some tape of him in New Orleans and borrow a few plays.

I like the Shift NE does with Gronk, splits him out wide with another receiver and criss-crosses them up. Seems to work, mmm, every time.

SaskHawk

Reaction score
I've got to think Graham will be growing increasingly frustrated with not being targeted, just how long will he sit quiet before making an issue out of it?

Tical21

Reaction score
Mullen has also mentioned that his route running leaves a lot to be desired.

Greenhell

Reaction score
What happened to all the hubbub from Russ and Pete that the RW/JG connection was hot and they were connecting on pass after pass and td after TD in practice? And now the season is under way and not one damn thing has transpired from all that.

timmat

Reaction score
Zach Miller led the Raiders in receiving for three straight years before coming to Seattle to be used primarily as a blocker. When we traded for Graham, I scratched my head a bit, wondering if a receiving TE actually fits in our scheme. But then I figured with a talent like Graham, we'd probably alter our scheme a bit. I was wrong on that. I'm not sure simply calling Graham's number 6 or 7 times like they claim to have done in the GB game will work. It seems the framework of our offensive itself doesn't support a heavy TE passing attack. So unless the scheme itself is tweaked, I think Graham will continue to be underutilized.

xgeoff

Reaction score
jake206":14iscw9i said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/645818372345753600[/tweet]

Apparently, this is still a work in progress.

I think part of the problem is they keep sending him out on these 3-5 yd outs. Which is ok when you're close to the goal line, but I would put this guy into seams over the middle. USE his size. If the D is in zone, find a seam in the zone. If it's man to man, post up about 7 yds out. Is it just me? Is it really that hard?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
timmat":1eebjprb said:
Zach Miller led the Raiders in receiving for three straight years before coming to Seattle to be used primarily as a blocker. When we traded for Graham, I scratched my head a bit, wondering if a receiving TE actually fits in our scheme. But then I figured with a talent like Graham, we'd probably alter our scheme a bit. I was wrong on that. I'm not sure simply calling Graham's number 6 or 7 times like they claim to have done in the GB game will work. It seems the framework of our offensive itself doesn't support a heavy TE passing attack. So unless the scheme itself is tweaked, I think Graham will continue to be underutilized.

Genius! Couldn't have agreed with you any more!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
timmat":bupzfct6 said:

These things like quarterback-receiver compatibility take time. I mean, not with any other team, but with ours. Give him more than three years before judging!

8)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Greenhell":34uf6inc said:
What happened to all the hubbub from Russ and Pete that the RW/JG connection was hot and they were connecting on pass after pass and td after TD in practice? And now the season is under way and not one damn thing has transpired from all that.

He caught a TD last week.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1cc6g41c said:
timmat":1cc6g41c said:

Genius! Couldn't have agreed with you any more!

I think it does allow for a TE passing attack. Look no further than Luke Willson's drops last year.

My expectation going into the season was take all time you wanted to break something because Willson didn't make a catch, then convert that to excitement because Jimmy Graham would.

bandiger

Reaction score
timmat":1v8tso77 said:

Great post. :thumbup:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard it but Graham said it was hard to know where to be when RW scrambles as he's used to being exactly where the ball is thrown.