Turbin at fullback for now

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just from an eye test pov: I think Turbin is closer to 230 than he is 220.

That 222 was out of college, and .com sites hardly ever update weight numbers.

They still list Wilson at 206 when he's probably in the 215-220 range.

They still list Sweezy at 298 when he's probably in the 315-320 range.

They list Smith and Morgan at 226 when they're are probably 235-240.

Etc.

So, I wouldn't trust the 222 for Turbin.

chris98251

Reaction score
John L Williams / Curt Warner Turbin / Lynch, Turbin isn't in John L's league granted but that same type of threat.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":1duv9v49 said:
Jville":1duv9v49 said:
I am looking forward to seeing more of that split backfield look. Brings balance and options to the backfield. Turbin fits in that alignment.

I like the direction of this back to the future offense.

Agreed. I think there's a strong possibility the Seahawks may've stumbled into a identity that fits, via the blind guy's broken foot. If you think about it, an athletic FB adds ALOT of the same horizontal principles they we're looking for with Percy.

I like it. Sure worked well back in the day with John L..

What I really want to see is Turbin carry the rock 20 x in a game when our Oline looks like an Oline. All this Turbin bashing has been borderline ridiculous, imo. How can anyone properly gauge an RB that gets 2 or 3 carries a half? To those that believe they can, I strongly advise you to get an agent and quit your jobs tomorrow.

Edit: Didn't see your post, Chris. But looks like we share the same memories.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
So on a cold Friday Morning I am re-watching last years Season opener against the Panthers. Paying particular attention to Turbins game. And I came up with a question I suppose. How much of Turbin's after contact running ability do you suppose is being affected by his own self preservation? When I watch him, he seems to go like hell until contact and then his effort seems to taper off almost like he is trying to avoid injury. Which, in all honesty I don't blame him for doing so considering all the player health issues we face right now. In Contrast just watch Lynch, he just seems to not care and just pours on the coal after contact. Which is sensational, but could ultimately affect his tenure here. I could be off base.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":3386c7fd said:
.........I'm probably being a conspiracy nut, but I've suspected for some time that Christine Michael is a Darrell Bevell guy and a Pete Carroll guy but not a Tom Cable guy. This move with Turbin almost seems like Pete's way of being sneaky to supercede Cable's objections. This is based on zero facts, purely from the gut, ala Herman Cain. Which probably makes me an idiot. But it's a feeling I can't shake.
Actually makes a lot of sense to me Kip.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I hate Turbin the RB, but like Turbin the FB. At FB he has the chance to be unique/special....but at RB he is nothing more than mediocre. He could have a much longer career at FB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2tovirsr said:
So on a cold Friday Morning I am re-watching last years Season opener against the Panthers. Paying particular attention to Turbins game. And I came up with a question I suppose. How much of Turbin's after contact running ability do you suppose is being affected by his own self preservation? When I watch him, he seems to go like hell until contact and then his effort seems to taper off almost like he is trying to avoid injury. Which, in all honesty I don't blame him for doing so considering all the player health issues we face right now. In Contrast just watch Lynch, he just seems to not care and just pours on the coal after contact. Which is sensational, but could ultimately affect his tenure here. I could be off base.

I've seen this too, Evil, but I've also seen him lay out a DE (Malik Jackson) , forcing the much larger man to the sideline for the remainder of the SB. So Turbo can run with power and I just wonder how much of what we see is self preservation or is it the product of Pete's lust for securing the football (?). I'd just like to see him get a fair shake before being written off as the bum some make him out to be. Weekly I read "There's Turbin, stopped for 2 yds again" when it is clear Bo Jackson couldn't have gained more yards with such shite blocking in front of him. I like Turbin, and I'm one of a few that believe he does his job well while also knowing and understanding his role on the roster.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3k8np4dk said:
I hate Turbin the RB, but like Turbin the FB. At FB he has the chance to be unique/special....but at RB he is nothing more than mediocre. He could have a much longer career at FB.

I agree. Could be good for the team and Turbin. Average at best back , not elusive a better than average blocker.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
IMHO he is a waste of a roster spot . Guy falls down if you breath on him and we expect him to take on a LB for lynch . This has got to be a joke .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3i5z0iup said:
ImTheScientist":3i5z0iup said:

I agree. Could be good for the team and Turbin. Average at best back , not elusive a better than average blocker.

Not to mention he has good hands ..... We will see if his pride gets the best of him.

dunceface

Reaction score
Well Lynch already gave him compliments on his blocking so there may not be the same trust issues we saw when trying out the other new guys when MRob went out
so I'm all for it!

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawkfannj":u919d3ym said:
IMHO he is a waste of a roster spot . Guy falls down if you breath on him and we expect him to take on a LB for lynch . This has got to be a joke .

"Guy falls down if you breath (sic) on him".

Just out of curiosity, and excluding Lynch, who is your favorite all time Hawk RB? I only ask because your description of Turbin has me reminded of a former Hawk that some here would put in Canton.

Not many RBs not named Lynch would excel in this backfield. "oh, then why do we constantly rank up at the top in rushing yards"? A question I can answer with 3 initials and 2 words; YAC / Marshawn Lynch. As good as Lynch has been for us, how I wish I could see him get first contact on the other side of the LOS.

This O line is the "joke" and expecting Turbin to be Lynch is foolish, even though he is averaging just .5 YPC less than Lynch (and one more yard per catch). And remember, Turbin is doing this while coming in cold off the bench. Yes, it matters, and I'll say it again, you can't gauge an RB on 2 or 3 carries per half. Anyone that understands the dynamics of the position is sure to agree.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkfannj":shjeuf94 said:
Hold up, hold up, hold up! As bad as you think Turbin is as a runner, calling him a "waste of a roster spot" is ludicrous. Are we only to keep Beast Modes as backups? This post has got to be a joke

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2mlbqt6o said:
Hope he's a better FB than he was a KR

LOL. He's probably a better kicker than KR. Pete owes Turbin (and us) an apology for that uh....faux pas.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I think Turbs has a great change at becoming the best player he can become at fullback. He pass blocks very well, he can catch the ball and be an 'emergency/situational/third down' running back. I dont see any reason why he could not learn to lead block well. He has the speed and the hands for that. I'd be willing to bet that he has already been practicing those legs a lot more than he did before being drafted. This way he doesnt have to break tackles or carry the ball in a safe manner, which are not his strongest features... He has the strength to be a fullback. The only possible setback is If he is too proud for that, which I dont think he is. He probably realizes his chances of becoming a star running back are slim. But he still is a good football player and needs to secure a roster spot.

Sure, its new to him. But its not like turning an o-lineman into a linebacker or something. There are a lot of similarities and same assignments in this case.