Tyler Lockett nickname?

Rob12

Reaction score
Steal.

Because that's what he'll be. This kid is a 3rd round pick? Are you kidding me?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but I'm going to call him by his name, like I do every athlete in every sport.

But for the hashtag crowd, feel free to call him TyLo or whatever appeals to the 140 character people.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I'm making the full push for Thundercat. It doesn't have to make sense. It's provocative.

Quorthon13

Reaction score
hawknation2015":m8remdjr said:
T-Lock

(Touchdown is on lock)

[youtube]2qBBiyjCJrI[/youtube]

We've been calling him T-Lock also (but it's just a contraction of Tyler Lockett) - thats what we were screaming at the tv on his 2 return scores and we scream at Madden when he gets the ball.

Nicknames need to just sorta come naturally and roll off the tongue..... Although if his team mates start constantly calling him 'No E' in interviews I guess that one could start to come on also.

byau

Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread, so jumping on an existing Lockett thread

His TD returns and kickoff returns..my gawd... against Denver his TD return (plus his first one against Denver) he found a seam and turned on the rockets. Against the Chargers on his TD punt return he ran side to side and found his seams and even anticipated the blocks

But one of my favorite plays:

3rd quarter, Jimmy Graham's second reception, about 8:45 into the 3rd quarter (for those that have replay). 3rd and 4.

Tyler Lockett ran his route in front of Jimmy and took out TWO GUYS, Jimmy cut to the outside, WIDE OPEN cuz Tyler took out his guy AND Jimmy's guy, easy catch, runs over a guy, second guy pushes him out of bound. Jimmy comes up no problem and the rest of the sideline, including Bobby Wagner AND Marshawn Lynch are yelling hard at the Chargers D giving it to them

One of my favorite plays (outside his punt return of course), not just Jimmy's catch and the sideline reaction talking trash, but WOW Tyler Lockett runs a great route blocking off two guys. Consistent with what I saw him in the first drive against Denver throwing some pretty good blocks on running plays

Man this guy is Special. While a lot of the attention is on his special teams rockets, he definitely deserves a nickname that transcends that role.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett is the "Question" other teams will be looking for an answer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":zcu13are said:
Exactly. Did any of you guys see him play at Kansas State?

He's Percy Harvin without the mental issues and runs actual routes. He makes me squee.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1tzu6zaz said:
chris98251":1tzu6zaz said:

He's Percy Harvin without the mental issues and runs actual routes. He makes me squee.
So in other words, hes not at all like Harvin. They are both fast, that is pretty much all they have in common.

Tyler Lockett is already a better football player than that other loser.

Dougula

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":30yra4ta said:
chris98251":30yra4ta said:

We should call him squeeeee LOL

saw a little bit of him in college, mostly just casually watching some Sportscenter, College Game Day n what not on Saturdays, then of course a lot of you tube highlights after we drafted him.

Normally I am not a smaller fast finesse type WRs fanboy, I like prefer the big uglies and power back types. BUT I saw this kid was something special from the first highlights I saw. great field vision, its like a 6th sense, sweet jukes, great moves etc etc. I'm not sure which move of his I like more, his stop in go, or his sudden change of direction.

Great pick up, and to think there were some questioning our heavily trading up to get him. Seems well worth the price to to me.

Chawker

Reaction score
I remembered what Shem said, after harvin's TD return in the superbowl "thats a bad boy" So I googled it, and they make a "Bad Boy" lawn mower.

"The Lawn Mower"

I'm sure he'll be able to sell a few of them, Zero tuning.... endorsements? :vodka:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ky8vlbv8 said:
Call me old fashioned, but I'm going to call him by his name, like I do every athlete in every sport.

But for the hashtag crowd, feel free to call him TyLo or whatever appeals to the 140 character people.

I look at it this way; after Lockette gets cut, he won't need a nickname.