Uniform choice this week

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":cnpow68u said:
Thepeelsessions":cnpow68u said:
If the Hawks go with road colors, I hope it's white on white. In all honesty, I wish that would be the primary road combination. It's a clean, fresh look. Much better than white on blue

Blasphemy. We won the Super Bowl in white on blue!

Correctomundo...my fav combination!

Steve2222

Reaction score
white on white is so played out. Everyone thinks they're "sharp AF" wearing all white. Personally, their best road combo is white tops with wolf grey pants. I think Seattle needs to do away with the white pants and have the blue and grey pants as their primary.

OpHawk

Reaction score
^this

I've always loved a tri-color combo. Different colors for helmets, jerseys, pants. Almost any team can make it work.

(except for teams with only 2 colors of course)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hopefully they go with white on white, their best look. Unfortunately they never seem to wear that anymore

253hawk

Reaction score
White pants plus the heat leads to a lot of sweat, which leads to some...transparency. Not a big fan.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1cs5h21q said:
Basis4day":1cs5h21q said:
If I remember correctly from discussions here from the SD "white out" game two years ago, the home teams actually submit their uniform choices on July 1.

Though, like SD, it's a safe bet LA is hot this time of year.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that it was upwards of 150 degrees on the field that day. Let's hope it's nowhere near that hot in LA this weekend.

No. The human body cannot function in 150 degrees. It was REALLY friggen hot on the field I'm sure. It was NOT near 150 degrees. The NFL would have stepped in and halted the game, and it would have been an unsafe situation for fans as well.

A

Anonymous

IBleedBlueAndGreen":5u41ltpt said:
Zebulon Dak":5u41ltpt said:
Basis4day":5u41ltpt said:
If I remember correctly from discussions here from the SD "white out" game two years ago, the home teams actually submit their uniform choices on July 1.

Though, like SD, it's a safe bet LA is hot this time of year.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that it was upwards of 150 degrees on the field that day. Let's hope it's nowhere near that hot in LA this weekend.

No. The human body cannot function in 150 degrees. It was REALLY friggen hot on the field I'm sure. It was NOT near 150 degrees. The NFL would have stepped in and halted the game, and it would have been an unsafe situation for fans as well.

...and they would be hauling dead bodies out by the thousands.

Hottest I can every remember it being here was around year 2000. The digital thermometer at the Pennzoil laboratory in The Woodlands read 116 F, in the shade. It was so hot, when you inhaled through your nose, it smelled like burnt hair.

Personally, I think they should wear the Wolf Gray pants all the time, even at home. The all-blue is getting a little dated.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3vlmsu9w said:
Missing_Clink":3vlmsu9w said:
Hopefully they go with white on white, their best look. Unfortunately they never seem to wear that anymore

Wore them in GB last season.

Last couple years they have reserved the white on white for prime time.
GB last year
Washington year before

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Steve2222":2as1s6uq said:
white on white is so played out. Everyone thinks they're "sharp AF" wearing all white. Personally, their best road combo is white tops with wolf grey pants. I think Seattle needs to do away with the white pants and have the blue and grey pants as their primary.

White jerseys-
I like white pants
I like Blue Pants

Ive asked this before and ill ask again. WHY, do they wear Grey pants with white tops? There is no grey in the Jersey to match.

Side point, not that it matters- Since they made the uniform change......They have won ONE, that is correct. ONE GAME, in the white top/grey pants combo......Last year in Minnesota

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3rmaacx7 said:
Personally, I think they should wear the Wolf Gray pants all the time, even at home. The all-blue is getting a little dated.

I agree with the blue top/grey bottom. Looks great. Wear at home as primary.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Speaking of hot games. I was at the season opener in 2013 @ Carolina (which again Seattle was wearing blue tops/grey pants). It was uncomfortable watching the game. I could only imagine what the players were going through.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Steve2222":2e4x157s said:
Speaking of hot games. I was at the season opener in 2013 @ Carolina (which again Seattle was wearing blue tops/grey pants). It was uncomfortable watching the game. I could only imagine what the players were going through.

I expect this week to be similar. defensive struggle. little scoring

Largent80

Reaction score
Going back to the SD game at which I was an attendee, after the game I was driving up the 15 toward Temecula and the air temperature was 109 and that was at 5:45 pm.

Hawks bench was on the side of the field getting the direct sun in their faces. They were holding tables up over the bench for shade. It was ridiculously friggin hot and we used a crappy game plan and lost. That game almost mirrored the 2009 .Net road game in SF, which usually has mild temps in Sept. but not on that Sunday as it was in the mid 90's and guess who's bench was in the direct sun, and guess the outcome (Gore, 2 90 yard runs, Hass get's injured).

I would say, that the Hawks have gotten the short end of the stick in that dept.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Largent80":hofaxgty said:
Going back to the SD game at which I was an attendee, after the game I was driving up the 15 toward Temecula and the air temperature was 109 and that was at 5:45 pm.

Hawks bench was on the side of the field getting the direct sun in their faces. They were holding tables up over the bench for shade. It was ridiculously friggin hot and we used a crappy game plan and lost. That game almost mirrored the 2009 .Net road game in SF, which usually has mild temps in Sept. but not on that Sunday as it was in the mid 90's and guess who's bench was in the direct sun, and guess the outcome (Gore, 2 90 yard runs, Hass get's injured).

I would say, that the Hawks have gotten the short end of the stick in that dept.

I dont expect the coliseum to be kind to us either.

Only one win sticks out in all those years. When we won the afc west in 1989 i believe last game of season..

253hawk

Reaction score
Field temp reading that day:

UTI1796050_r900x493.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
It isn't going to be anywhere near the temps in SD. It becomes an excuse if they lose in temps in the 90's.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
253hawk":1dkepu8b said:
Field temp reading that day:

UTI1796050_r900x493.jpg

If you take an analog thermometer with an accuracy of +/-4 degrees F and put it in the sun what does it mean?

Not science.