Uniform choice this week

253hawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1wm39co9 said:
If you take an analog thermometer with an accuracy of +/-4 degrees F and put it in the sun what does it mean?

Not science.

It means it's nowhere near 150, even with an extremely wide error tolerance.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well it's closer to 150 than it is to Seattle's average annual temp of 58.8.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
253hawk":2w3ccnvj said:
bmorepunk":2w3ccnvj said:
If you take an analog thermometer with an accuracy of +/-4 degrees F and put it in the sun what does it mean?

Not science.

It means it's nowhere near 150, even with an extremely wide error tolerance.

If you give it +/- 60 degrees it could work.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Lol, guys, I live in LA and it's been in the 70s (and kind of windy) during the day and in the high 60s at night. It's going to be a great game. Now do we know definitively the color of the uniforms? I need to know which jersey to wear when I go to the game.

253hawk

Reaction score
They will probably announce it via social media tomorrow.

The uni schedules are locked in on July 1st, so the equipment managers already made the decision a long time ago.

morgulon1

Reaction score
seahawksny":3l828tlh said:
HoustonHawk82":3l828tlh said:
Personally, I think they should wear the Wolf Gray pants all the time, even at home. The all-blue is getting a little dated.

I agree with the blue top/grey bottom. Looks great. Wear at home as primary.

That would be cool. I'd like to see the white pants with blue jersey.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
A look for fans you *might* not want to wear for an away game....

14291665_1733196360274874_870908007315220954_n.jpg

falcongoggles

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":711h2uye said:
Zebulon Dak":711h2uye said:
Basis4day":711h2uye said:
If I remember correctly from discussions here from the SD "white out" game two years ago, the home teams actually submit their uniform choices on July 1.

Though, like SD, it's a safe bet LA is hot this time of year.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources that it was upwards of 150 degrees on the field that day. Let's hope it's nowhere near that hot in LA this weekend.

No. The human body cannot function in 150 degrees. It was REALLY friggen hot on the field I'm sure. It was NOT near 150 degrees. The NFL would have stepped in and halted the game, and it would have been an unsafe situation for fans as well.

Actually you can function in 150 heat for short bursts. I fly in Phoenix, AZ where it is routinely 118. Our jets are parked on the tarmac where the heat in the local area can be 140-150 degrees and that doesn't include the jet engine exhaust on you. Like the NFL players we wear a lot of gear. Fireproof suit, harness, g-suit (think snow pants), helmet with a fleece liner. It is flipping HOT, but it can be done.

byau

Reaction score
seahawksny":2c8qiafm said:
HoustonHawk82":2c8qiafm said:
Personally, I think they should wear the Wolf Gray pants all the time, even at home. The all-blue is getting a little dated.

I agree with the blue top/grey bottom. Looks great. Wear at home as primary.

Steve2222":2c8qiafm said:
Speaking of hot games. I was at the season opener in 2013 @ Carolina (which again Seattle was wearing blue tops/grey pants). It was uncomfortable watching the game. I could only imagine what the players were going through.

Getting in the thread late, but anyway you guys should check this article out. Written August 2013, preseason before our SB run. Great info, neat tidbits, like:

1) teams are to submit the tops they plan to wear by July 1
2) teams can select on week by week basis the pants they would like to wear
3) During a particular practice pre-season 2012, Coach noticed players lacking energy. He brainstormed an idea and decided the next day to practice in their greys. Players had more energy, Coach loved the look. Filed the info away for later
4) For the Panthers game (2012) at the team at 2-2, Coach decided to try something new: blue tops, grey bottoms. Players liked the look and responded and they won 16-12.
5) From the team equipment manager Erik Kennedy “They say, ‘You look good, you feel good, you play good,’ and that’s true. You put a camera up above the mirror, you would see guys come and look at themselves before the game. That stuff happens.”

"Look good, feel good, play good: Superstition, sales, strategy all play a role in the uniforms NFL teams choose to wear "

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... -main.aspx