Unreal. Heartbreaking.

QWERTY

Reaction score
If the Denver Broncos lost their last game of the season to the Chargers, Seattle would had the 3rd pick of the draft.

If Seattle had the 3rd pick, their option would to take Anderson or trade down.

Supposedly Texans trade with Seattle and take the 3rd pick and Seattle agrees. The Browns would be top 10 pick next season with Watson as QB.

Anyways I kinda see what PC and JS had in mind. They wanted to trade down and I think they see Spoon as a top 10 pick, but figured that he might not make it to #20. I believe Carter couldn't be trusted at #5 or even #3 and they wanted to pick IF they traded with Texans #12 pick, #1 Spoon, or McDonald or Campbell. I believe that PC and JS could find talented Corner's if they wanted to, but they decided that because no one wanted to trade down, they either have to gamble and take a high corner, and taking #5 pick on McDonald or Campbell is too high.

Anyways, it could had been a dream scenario where Seattle could had been #3 traded with Texans, and possibly find the 2024 QBOTF.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Hmm idk but im kinda over the “doom and gloom” threads about why our picks are shit and the season hasn’t even started yet.

“Shrug” same people kicking and crying right now will be the same people either A) “fire Pete” or B) singing a waaay different tune of how great the player is.

People pissed are those who just didn’t have the player THEY wanted picked. As other have so far imo now we basically have two Richard Sherman’s on the field at once and two Locketts. I’m happy.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
I just can’t believe they got fooled by the media to not take carter.
It's really great to have such a well informed guy like you on the board.
You just read a lot more into your personal interviews with Carter than the stupid scouts from the Seahawks, Lions and Raiders.
I think you will get a good job offer these days.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Well people are pissed because they are equally passionate of building the best roster for the Hawks as the rest of the fans who love what we did. We all gather information from media, coaches, talk shows and prior year or years of performance. The decision makers made a choice because they had the most information none of us had and they stick to a philosophy and process that we may not like or agree. Either way, good luck on day 2 and hoping there is something magical for all of us to not be mad. At the end we have to go play on the field if a pick doesn’t pan out😂

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It is what it is.

I think it's cool that Seattle even had the #5 pick and I hope Witherspoon plays well.

Scout

Reaction score
Hawks have plenty of draft ammo to address the trenches. Just have to see what day 2 brings.

James in PA

Reaction score
I was disappointed about not getting Carter, but clearly there was something Pete and John didn't feel comfortable with, and I trust their judgment. After I got past that part of it, this first round really grew on me. BPA vs not reaching for need is always a good approach. Best DB and best WR are insane gets! The only thing I'm left, wondering is if they would have taken Richardson had Indy not? I guess we'll never know the truth.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
Why are so many 12s down on JS/PC picking the #1 CB in this draft? You all know how Pete rolls. He wants his guys to buy into the team. For the love of football, Carter went to Seattle and looked this staff in the eyes. JS/PC didn't see the kind of guy they like in Carter. It's as simple as that. Keep an eye on the Top 30 List of who came out to Seattle. Lots of talent still to pick from.

Please take a deep breath and let the professionals do what the professionals are paid to do.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The "I'm pissed and disappointed 'cuz they didn't draft who I wanted" thing literally makes no sense to me when half of the players even in the first round will not be very good anyway and you can't realistically evaluate any draft choice for a period of years.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I just can’t believe they got fooled by the media to not take carter.

Yes, they clearly made this decision because somebody on TV said something bad about him. It very clearly had nothing to do with the conversations they had with him when he visited or their evaluation of his game tape or his performance at his pro day :rolleyes:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
LOL. They met with Carter and did way more checks on him than the 'media'. Don't be a fool. They would be investing millions, not the 'media'.

or it this was a /s. I was whooshed

You beat me to it. In my own defense, I had loaded the page before you posted, but stopped to do other stuff before replying.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think people aren't understanding what I wrote about.

What I was saying is that Seattle had missed an opportunity to get another 1st round pick in 2024, if the Broncos had lost their game against the Chargers.

Which would had been sweet.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think people aren't understanding what I wrote about.

What I was saying is that Seattle had missed an opportunity to get another 1st round pick in 2024, if the Broncos had lost their game against the Chargers.

Which would had been sweet.
Fair ..

I think they would have had #3 if Indy losses in week 17 as well.. The Texans dropping that pick in the end zone would have given them number 1 and us number 3.

As far as trading down.. You never know. Maybe we hold pat and take Richardson #3.

Last edited: