Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

marko358

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":xcsvdky7 said:
He's most certainly playing and starting. I don't think anyone buys Pete's bluff. Michael will get his share of carries though but rest assured the Beast will be feasting on iced Purple Panzies Sunday afternoon.

What are you considering a bluff? The questionable status or that he missed the team bus (or was it the plane?)?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
marko358":3qfeiphk said:
West TX Hawk":3qfeiphk said:
He's most certainly playing and starting. I don't think anyone buys Pete's bluff. Michael will get his share of carries though but rest assured the Beast will be feasting on iced Purple Panzies Sunday afternoon.

What are you considering a bluff? The questionable status or that he missed the team bus (or was it the plane?)?

Pete's remarks as whole that they'll have to "wait and see." The fact he practiced intensely this week and every practice without issue leads me to believe he's geared to go. I can't see a situation where he doesn't play. I think he wants this badly and no one is stopping him Sunday.

sutz

Reaction score
Pete's going full Belichick on us.

:laugh:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
AP didn't practice (back)
I think Marshawn may be healthier than AP

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
austinslater25":1425v358 said:
I think he plays but if not I'm confident Michael can continue to play extremely well.

Oh malarkey! I think C-Mike is gonna be a good reliable back for us. I think the coaching in Seattle and the whirlwind NFL tour have gotten through to him and I think he'll be fine. Maybe not stellar, but we'll get production.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Given Pete's conservative nature on injuries, his confidence in our defense, Michael's decent performance, and the effect of cold on injuries, my money is on Lynch not playing.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Not on team bus. I'm guessing that solves that mystery.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bummer. MikeRob got some 'splaining to do...

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm terrified that Brown or Michael will cough up the ball on Sunday.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3opex0tu said:
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

Pete said it was about how he felt after the workouts. Apparently he didn't do well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ill be holding my breath every time CMike and Brown are carrying the ball. Ball security will be huge for us in this game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If I was a betting man.....and Marshawn did not play in any of the next three games, he will not be in uniform next year.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Damn. I just saw the news of him not being in Minnesota with the team.

Maybe Pete knew all along the he wasn't going to play and was just saying that to the media to have the vikings over prepare for lynch?

I don't know but this is a big bummer. With all of the reports of him looking good and practicing I though we would see gim out on the field. And with a very cold game where running the ball is going to be more important than ever we don't have him back. I hope C Mike is ready.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Dammit! We need him back! We'll never beat the Cardinals in Arizona without Lynch! /eyeroll

Not worried. It's Russell's team now.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Well, as much as I don't want to and how much I love lynch, I think its time the team moves on from him. Something more seems to be going on in the back scene PC isn't telling us.

PC if anything with injuries is NOT and never has been a straight shooter. He's always talked coach talk and cryptic about players injuries. His letting the media and everyone speculate for themselves approach to injuries is something I've never been to fond of. Look how long he kept going on about Harvin? Each week was a "he might be back, he's been doing better, getting better rah rah"