Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

marko358

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3w4fhkwb said:
I already expected a closer game, now I'm legitimately concerned. The only way the Vikings had a realistic shot is by getting some turnovers and having two fumble prone RB's in the freezing cold is not a good omen.
Make that 3 if you count AP.

James in PA

Reaction score
Damn just saw the breaking news that Beast is OUT. They probably didn't want to chance it with the frigid temps.

Pick6

Reaction score
Its better for him to stay and rehab than waste those days traveling back and forth.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pick6":3kupqdf0 said:
Its better for him to stay and rehab than waste those days traveling back and forth.

Okung was in Arizona last week and on the sideline with an injured calf.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
JPatera76":cp6fce7q said:
yeah im for real, I find it utter bullshit that we move money for him last year to make him happy, the teams lets him do whatever marshawn wants, and now he can decide if he wants to play or not, and be part of the team. That seriously rubs me wrong, as it should anyone else. This guy the team looks up to is really setting an amazing example. Bet Kam is getting great ideas.

Yeah, the fact that he took reps all week, then decided he wasn't ready to go is because he DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY???! And Kam, after working his way back and being really excited about PLAYING again actually DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY, and will take cues from Marshawn on this! BRILLIANT!!

Some of you all need a reality check in the worst way.

irocdave

Reaction score
Editing this post after reading others.

If Lynch say's he's not ready to go, he isn't ready. I don't see how any Hawk fan can question Lynches fortitude or willingness to play. Really, is that where were going as a fan base? Is it over this quickly, what have you done for me today? Is that really where we are as a fan base again? Lynch isn't Alexander, never was and will never will be. If he says he's not ready to go, then that's the truth.

Dammit. This game is a total anomaly, the record cold will impact this game. The ball will be rock hard, smaller than normal and have zero tactual feel. The passing game will be impacted, doesn't matter how well receivers catch the ball normally, this aint normal conditions. Even throwing the ball is a challenge, no feel in your fingers ( especially the finger tips where touch comes in a precise passes) and the ball feeling like it weights 50 pounds when it hits receivers hands. Gloves wont help this.

Even the center to QB snap is going to be an issue. Centers touch the ball every play and don't wear gloves or have hand warmers.

I am worried about this game, the Hawks have zero experience playing in these record cold conditions, the Vikings have played the last couple games in mid teens to mid twenty degree temps. Anyone claiming it doesn't make a difference has never tried to function at a high physical level in these conditions with minimal insulation. Skiing or snowboarding isn't the same thing. This game is going to come down to who recovers fumbles and makes great catches. I hate this, as the Hawks should be the clear cut favorite, but with these weather conditions I don't see how any sane person would be so confident of a win.

I hope I'm wrong, but understand what your body feels like in these types of conditions. There is a huge difference between 30F and minus F plus the wind chill factor. It hurts to breath normally at those temps let alone breathing after physical exertion.

seehawkswin

Reaction score
He's a great player and very interesting character. I don't know enough about the details of him pulling himself, but I have to admit That he's been dropping down my list of favorites pretty fast. Not just because today's decision but just the way he seems to do whatever the hell he wants and the team seems to give him special treatment. I have a hard time believing all the players are okay with it, but what do I know. Hopefully he was having perfect communication with PC all week and not just springing this on him out of the blue. I'm going to try not to make too many assumptions - the players and coaches have always said good things about him being a great teammate.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I have to wonder about the comments about " fitting in" by the coaches and he was shooting hoops after lunch and decides " he can't play "?

Strange. Perhaps Pete told him to stay home ... He did not even go with the team to at least test how it felt on warmup a

JPatera76

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":godpde8o said:
JPatera76":godpde8o said:
yeah im for real, I find it utter bullshit that we move money for him last year to make him happy, the teams lets him do whatever marshawn wants, and now he can decide if he wants to play or not, and be part of the team. That seriously rubs me wrong, as it should anyone else. This guy the team looks up to is really setting an amazing example. Bet Kam is getting great ideas.

Yeah, the fact that he took reps all week, then decided he wasn't ready to go is because he DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY???! And Kam, after working his way back and being really excited about PLAYING again actually DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY, and will take cues from Marshawn on this! BRILLIANT!!

Some of you all need a reality check in the worst way.

Seeing as how you want to quote the 1st part of my statement rather than the edit part here let me ass that for you:

"PS this enitre season lynch has been "checked out" and distant from the team. Period."

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Turning on Lynch because he had a setback is just lame. Weak sauce.

Doubting the heart of Marshawn blows my mind.

If he could go he would be going.

Bprez3

Reaction score
What I find strange about this is that he was shooting baskets with the other RB's after practice. Condotta reported that this was happening during Pete's Press Conference today

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Something seems weird about this. Guess we'll find out eventually.
I'm not sure what to think, after hearing about how great he did all week in practice. Maybe it has something to do with the really cold weather prediction...I was so looking forward to seeing him play. :(

Ozzy

Reaction score
Michael avg over 1.5 yards after contact then the next highest guy last week. He's going to do just fine. Reddit did a breakdown of every carry and he ran very, very well. I expect a big game from Michael.

Gametime

Reaction score
I am just thankful the mentality of this site isn't the mentality of the locker room. Sad. What will it take to not be afraid of every little set back and trust the guys that ARE playing and enjoy the ride.

Smellyman

Reaction score
DOOM.jpg

timmat

Reaction score
Beast has contributed so much to the team and has proven on the field over and over how tough he is. So if the guy says he's too injured to go Sunday, we should take him at his word and ditch these other goofy theories. The guy has been out so long, it's possible the discomfort didn't catch up to him until today.

I do agree that it's really unfortunate it took all week to figure it out, taking valuable reps - physically and mentally - from our other backs. But the team has really been clicking on O lately, so we'll just hope that continues. CMike has good stats in two of his three games. If he can hold onto the rock, we will be good on Sun.

If the run game can get us a nice 4 yds or so on first downs and put Russ into 2nd and 3rd and manageable, we'll be in Carolina next week.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
If he doesn't play a playoff game for us then he has already played his last game as a Hawk.

I have no problem with a player taking themselves out due to injury. I only have a problem with players who repeatedly need to do so. That is not lynch.

It may be disappointing that Lynch is out, but he was never guaranteed to play and even though it may be just a small silver lining at least the Vikings had to prepare for the possibility of Lynch. I think people on here overvalue the whole "having to prepare for..." thing but the value is at least greater than zero.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JPatera76":jgm5fdvg said:

Yeah how dare Marshawn decide on his own terms how he feels post sports hernia surgery .. what a cancer.

This is one of most idiotic posts of all-time. :roll:

DeeHawks

Reaction score
austinslater25":1btir9s3 said:
Michael avg over 1.5 yards after contact then the next highest guy last week. He's going to do just fine. Reddit did a breakdown of every carry and he ran very, very well. I expect a big game from Michael.
Hope your right. It's a big opportunity for him..!!

Latest posts