Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well this sucks.........this news really hurts.........I'm more nervous about this game now.

253hawk

Reaction score
Just lock this thread. This is disgusting. What a bunch of whiny a-holes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Crizilla":2etdtbge said:
Awesome.

We can't win the owl without him

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Good thing were not looking to win an owl.

I think this is a case of Pete being extra cautious and wanting to give Marshawn an extra week of practice and recovery time. Its not like the Seahawks can't beat the Vikings without him. I don't think this is a big deal at all. The Seahawks have beaten better teams without him this season...quit worrying so much, the sky has not fallen.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Everybody is saying we'll be fine with Christine Michael and Bryce Brown ... and we will ... but let's not forget Freddie Jackson. He's used to playing in the cold not only in his long run in Buffalo, but the guy's a product of Coe College, which is just down the road in Iowa. Remember the nice one-handed catch he had in the first go-round against the Vikes. Expect more of that.

Crizilla

Reaction score
rideaducati":3aoj4inc said:
Crizilla":3aoj4inc said:
Awesome.

yes we are. Anything less is a no go. The entire plan is to get to the owl and have beast mode score the game winning TD this time and ride off into retirement as a 2x champion. I can dream, ok. I don't think we need Lynch to beat minny but we need either lynch or rawls (who out rest of the yaer) to win it all this year.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Whatever. A healthy CM is a lot better than a mending Lynch, and to top it off, it was quite apparent CM finally gets it in terms of it's-about-the-team and ball protection. Bring it on.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
I do not think there is some kind of big conspiracy going on here. However I am not gonna hate on people who think their is.

Marshawn is a unique dude. Does thing HIS way or no way...he basically shuts down other wise. If there was a person on this team that would check out and not play on principle it is most definitely Marshawn Lynch. Dude is impossible to read and quite the enigma.

Also the way this week went was very odd. Beginning of the week we hear nothing but the Beast is back and boy he looks good. Now at the end of the week we hear he himself is pulling the plug. When Marshawn is completely invested does he seem like the kind of person that would want to not play in a big time playoff game? Always seemed to me that you would have to force him to sit down if he was hurt.

It's just all really odd how everything has transpired. Dude got that 12-13 million dollar pay day, and it isn't too hard to see him just hanging around to fatten the wallet with big time pay days.

Now I know I went into depth there to explain that side, but for the sake of this guy busting his tail for the last few years I give him the benefit of the doubt. My bigger concern is this thing hasn't healed right. That this isn't going to be a...oh he will be better next week thing. I fear after a week of work, this thing is going to linger and we will be w/o Marshawn all the way to the SB if we make it there

rideaducati

Reaction score
Crizilla":1v0u1y69 said:
rideaducati":1v0u1y69 said:
Crizilla":1v0u1y69 said:
Awesome.

yes we are. Anything less is a no go. The entire plan is to get to the owl and have beast mode score the game winning TD this time and ride off into retirement as a 2x champion. I can dream, ok. I don't think we need Lynch to beat minny but we need either lynch or rawls (who out rest of the yaer) to win it all this year.

Ok Chicken Little, the sky really IS falling. While your World has ended, I'll be over here enjoying the Seahawks playoff victories...with or without Lynch.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
According to reports, Marshawn was the one that declared he wasn't able to play. Seems a little odd to me, especially when Pete seemed so sure that he would play.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Blitzer88":l57h53ep said:
According to reports, Marshawn was the one that declared he wasn't able to play. Seems a little odd to me, especially when Pete seemed so sure that he would play.

It's Marshawn's abdominal, not Pete's. Lynch is the ONLY person who knows whether it's good to go.

He's always been a warrior. If he says it's a no go, it's a no go. Just wish he would have known sooner, but thems the breaks.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":b9gd7lhl said:
It's emotional, but let's not turn on each other...

In other words,

Could some of you stop being total jerks for a second? There's a seriously condescending tone coming from a few posters that is unjustified. If you want to offer a counterpoint, please do so. Based on your posting history, you are fully capable. As it is, you seem to be chastising others for being petty and emotional while you respond in just those terms.

Marshawn's return has been the highlight of blogs, message boards, and commercial media outlets all week. Day after day we got good news that heightened expectations. Everyone was pumping adrenaline for Beast to hit the field.

Then the rug gets pulled out Friday night. Fans might freak out. That's not a mystery.

What I don't get is why fellow fans, people who wear the same colors leading up to a huge game, choose to be so dismissive. On the eve of what could be an exciting, historic playoff and Super Bowl run, are you trying to better your fellow fans or are you content to belittle your fellow fans?

If you think someone is off-track, why not offer a useful, meaningful alternative? Share with everyone why you are so assured. Enlighten others why their fears are unfounded. Educate your fellow fan.

Or just keep being dicks. It's a free country.

RussB

Reaction score
Bad news. Cristine and Brown really have to step up if we are going to win.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The issue to me isn't necessarily that he pulled himself out. If he can't play, then he can't play.

It's that he went MIA for two months and made the team rely on an MMA trainer for a medical report. I'm not saying he'd be healthy by now otherwise, but I have to imagine that the team would've tracked his progress far better. Instead, we got "he's 100%" report from his karate instructor and wasted a full week of 1st team reps on a player who wasn't quite ready. This is where being a professional matters.

And yes, it is bizarre that he pulled himself out on a Friday after three consecutive days of full participation. I have to think that's unprecedented. But I won't speculate on how that could've happened without more facts. It could be that he just doesn't feel ready for contact.

Ruminator

Reaction score
RussB":99belhe4 said:

Within reason. Don't want them to stress out trying too hard or it'll backfire.

massari

Reaction score
ESPN the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know about Thomas Rawls yet. From their twitter:

Playoff teams missing starting RB from Week 1
Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 9, 2016

Seanhawk

Reaction score
massari":1id8mgvj said:
ESPN the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know about Thomas Rawls yet. From their twitter:

Playoff teams missing starting RB from Week 1
Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 9, 2016

Their info looks correct. Rawls didn't start week 1, Lynch did.

RussB

Reaction score
Ruminator":35ap5rl2 said:
RussB":35ap5rl2 said:

Within reason. Don't want them to stress out trying too hard or it'll backfire.
If they can both get about 120 yards rushing together we should win.

Latest posts