Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

Reaneypark

Reaction score
People who think we can't win on Sunday without Marshawn haven't been paying attention.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rob12":2645mjmb said:
Had a buddy, who is a Giants fan, just text me. He saw this thread. He's not a real big fan of our fan base, which probably means nothing to most here, but I see his point.

Why are so many turning on Marshawn? This is honestly pathetic. And hey, I know the mods could do without the word "pathetic" when talking about some of the members of our fan base, but that is what this is.

There's no conspiracy. Marshawn simply can't go. The man had his stomach opened up, what, six weeks ago? He's not healthy enough to play and knows it. He's not good with getting 15 carries in 0 degree temperatures following a major surgery. Is that a crime or something?
It isn't like he's going to be here next year anyway or that this team wins or loses by how well Russell Wilson plays. No, that's ridiculous. The man hasn't been here most the year and when he was he sucked beyond belief. He's probably done, it happens deal with it.

It'd be awesome if he could be healthy but get a grip the man went through an injury and surgery that would floor most of you for weeks at minimum.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The news of ML missing is not the greatest news, but this is football.
You never know, if this game was your last game or not.
Win or lose on Sunday, I hope we haven't seen the last of ML in a Seahawks uniform.
Good luck to those who will dress on Sunday. I hope Bryce and Christine will be ready to go.
I hope we play a turnover free game. I know, our D will have a few turnovers. I expect us to win 2-0 (safety) and move on the Carolina.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm taking the positive approach. I think the return of Marshawn could have thrown off the equilibrium of this team. Let's face it Bevell is terrible at integrating in new players on the fly. The replacements have done fine and clicking with good rushing in the last two out of three games. Marshawn hasn't played in weeks and only have three days to get him up to speed with the "new offense" (according to Cable) might have been too short a time period.

I just hope that all the squabbling is come from the twitterverse and not from inside the locker room. The last thing we can afford is discontent at this juncture in the season.

Also, am I the only one who is nervous about Kam coming back? He has been torched by tight ends and I haven't seen anything that's show me he's learned from it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
massari":1kg7ovas said:
Hasselbeck":1kg7ovas said:
massari":1kg7ovas said:
You'd think with Rawls being as great of a RB as he is who's turned into the Seahawks #1 would at least get a mention that he's out. He's just as significant as Charles, Foster, Williams, Lynch, if not more.

No big deal, just thought it was weird they didn't mention him, almost like they don't know who he is or how great he is.

Again, not the week 1 starter. That's why they didn't mention him.

Vikes45

Reaction score
ShaunPope":oihro6va said:
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

The Seahawks may think they don't need him to beat the Vikings.

themunn

Reaction score
Lot's of people saying Lynch won't be here next year - don't agree.

As for it being "strange" that Carroll has been saying Lynch is full-go all week and almost certain to play only for him not to, that's exactly what I would expect - Minnesota have now prepared all week on the basis that they think Lynch will be playing, now he's not. Whilst it's still in Minnesota's favour that Lynch isn't playing, they'd be in an even better position if they'd known on Monday that was going to be the case

Vikes45

Reaction score
themunn":2r7a65u7 said:

As for it being "strange" that Carroll has been saying Lynch is full-go all week and almost certain to play only for him not to, that's exactly what I would expect - Minnesota have now prepared all week on the basis that they think Lynch will be playing, now he's not. Whilst it's still in Minnesota's favour that Lynch isn't playing, they'd be in an even better position if they'd known on Monday that was going to be the case

I think this is as close to the truth as you can get. Very typical playoff gamesmanship by an NFL coach.

getnasty

Reaction score
Not sure if this is so bad, Bevell calls a better game without Lynch anyways. I just find it odd that he didn't experience any set backs last week in his 8 hr/per day workouts he was going through, but then he practices for 3 days in Seattle and feels he can go? It's not like him and Kam are playing hit, hit, tackle all practice, at most he's doing some running and cutting.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't think this is that bad. We don't need Lynch to beat the Vikings, and this gives him an extra week to heal up before Carolina.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
as long as we dont play like the rams game...vikings defence is going to be better. we stop ap and force teddy bear to throw and i dont see us losing...unless cmike fumbles ..

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
.[/quote]

yes we are. Anything less is a no go. The entire plan is to get to the owl and have beast mode score the game winning TD this time and ride off into retirement as a 2x champion. I can dream, ok. I don't think we need Lynch to beat minny but we need either lynch or rawls (who out rest of the yaer) to win it all this year.[/quote]

Ok Chicken Little, the sky really IS falling. While your World has ended, I'll be over here enjoying the Seahawks playoff victories...with or without Lynch.[/quote]

Of course if Lynch's heart isn't into it (thats pure speculation right now by the way, there is a chance hes still really not 100%), then I wouldn't want him to play. You act as if i just threw away all my seahawks gear. I think we are better with a healthy Lynch than Christine Michael. Get over it.[/quote]

We went on a run without him, the running game was much better. Win can and will win without him. Of course all want him to play but they proved they can win without him.

Blaze

Reaction score
Well one things for sure.......being a DieHard Seahawks fan never gets boring. Losing your security blanket is never easy but the truth of the matter is we've been getting along just fine w/o Beastmode, and as for me I'll be channeling ALL of my positive energy @ Cmike and Brown, They're gonna get it done. :thirishdrinkers:

capncrunch

Reaction score
themunn":em8j8ppp said:

Very good point. Yes. It will be allright. I think maybe he would have tried to play at Washington. This is probably a good decision by Marshawn. I look forward to seeing him in Carolina.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1e3xrhxk said:
And to question Lynch's dedication is absurd. It's absolutely absurd. This man has given a lot to this franchise. Here's a thought - maybe he knows he's not healthy enough to go this Sunday in bone chilling temperatures. Maybe in his heart he felt like he was, so he practiced all week, but felt like he wasn't quite right to go. To me, that shows a greater dedication to the team because if he knows he's not ready yet, he could end up costing the team more by playing. Isn't that obvious? He spent all week preparing to play, and had every intent of doing so, but when it came down to the final hours before boarding the team bus, he knew he wasn't right. So instead, he's staying back in Seattle and will work with his trainers to get ready for Carolina. I honestly can't believe there are people here who are actually questioning his commitment. You can't judge him like you can everyone else; he's a different type of dude and he has never not been prepared. How quickly some forget. People say they think he should have pulled himself sooner, but as a competitor, you believe until the last minute that you can go. And I think that's all this was. When it came right down to it, he couldn't lie to himself or put his team in a bad spot.

Come on, folks. He's always been all in as a Seahawk. And to think otherwise is just silly.

Exactly. Hernia's are very hard to recover from and predict. U can go for a while and feel fine then make one move and aggravate it again. To make more of it with zero real knowledge of the injury or situation speaks more about the poster than Lynch.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Rob12":9r66v30i said:
Had a buddy, who is a Giants fan, just text me. He saw this thread. He's not a real big fan of our fan base, which probably means nothing to most here, but I see his point.

Why are so many turning on Marshawn? This is honestly pathetic. And hey, I know the mods could do without the word "pathetic" when talking about some of the members of our fan base, but that is what this is.

There's no conspiracy. Marshawn simply can't go. The man had his stomach opened up, what, six weeks ago? He's not healthy enough to play and knows it. He's not good with getting 15 carries in 0 degree temperatures following a major surgery. Is that a crime or something?

exactly. It is comedic the responses some people have on here. Guy practiced hard all week. Made the call in the 11th hour that he wasnt ready. Would rather have him next week and the week after than for the vikings game. Its like people dont remember that we lost a ton of games with him running the ball. Wd just killed the cards with cmike running the ball. Yes, there were issues with the line when marshawn was running, but still, very little production. He loves his teamates and would never want to let them down unless it was warranted. I could see pete talking to him and telling him how important the 3 games are after this one. R..E..L..A..X!! There is no consiracy, and beast doesnt hate you.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
irocdave":whrwiaoq said:
Editing this post after reading others.

Dammit. This game is a total anomaly, the record cold will impact this game. The ball will be rock hard, smaller than normal and have zero tactual feel. The passing game will be impacted, doesn't matter how well receivers catch the ball normally, this aint normal conditions. Even throwing the ball is a challenge, no feel in your fingers ( especially the finger tips where touch comes in a precise passes) and the ball feeling like it weights 50 pounds when it hits receivers hands. Gloves wont help this.

Even the center to QB snap is going to be an issue. Centers touch the ball every play and don't wear gloves or have hand warmers.

I am worried about this game, the Hawks have zero experience playing in these record cold conditions, the Vikings have played the last couple games in mid teens to mid twenty degree temps. Anyone claiming it doesn't make a difference has never tried to function at a high physical level in these conditions with minimal insulation. Skiing or snowboarding isn't the same thing. This game is going to come down to who recovers fumbles and makes great catches. I hate this, as the Hawks should be the clear cut favorite, but with these weather conditions I don't see how any sane person would be so confident of a win.

I hope I'm wrong, but understand what your body feels like in these types of conditions. There is a huge difference between 30F and minus F plus the wind chill factor. It hurts to breath normally at those temps let alone breathing after physical exertion.

I'm not saying the weather isn't going to play a factor but I think you might be overstating the severity a little bit. The field is heated, the benches are heated, their under gear protection is better than it used to be, gloves are better than they used to be, heat packs will be used, etc. It's not even supposed to be the coldest game in NFL history. It'll be top 10 but not top 5.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14525 ... itions-nfl

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14526 ... -cold-game

kujohawk

Reaction score
I never thought it was realistic for Marshawn to come back this soon anyway from an injury like that and if I was the coach I wouldn't play him . Kudos to him for trying to get back but he's got a lot of hits on him already let him recover for crying out loud. Don't trot him out there to gain three yards get hit in the gut and end his career. We gotta take care of our players they aren't gladiators.

We haven't had him and done fine we'll be ok for this game anyway. I think with the weather being a factor for both teams we might see a close game. I just want to see a good game. Right now I think we got more under the hood than they got even though they have some starters back. Keep getting the ball out quick will neutralize that big pass rush and keep our line from getting mauled and Russel upright.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
getnasty":y0yc5na9 said:
Not sure if this is so bad, Bevell calls a better game without Lynch anyways. I just find it odd that he didn't experience any set backs last week in his 8 hr/per day workouts he was going through, but then he practices for 3 days in Seattle and feels he can go? It's not like him and Kam are playing hit, hit, tackle all practice, at most he's doing some running and cutting.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't travel with the team. If he re-injured himself then taking it easy for a day or two and supporting your team would probably be wise.

Latest posts