Wagner misses practice (groin)

Jville

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner did play 100% of the 74 defensive snaps in Denver. So ...... holding him out of practice seems like a prudent decision to give him the best in the way of recovery time. KJ Wright is the more pressing concern even though Austin Calitro and Shaquem Griffin accumulated additional experience in his absence.

I'm looking forward to an updated injury report and more pregame information on linebacker status as we get closer to Chicago game time.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jville":1rd3v1hm said:
Bobby Wagner did play 100% of the 74 defensive snaps in Denver. So ...... holding him out of practice seems like a prudent decision to give him the best in the way of recovery time. KJ Wright is the more pressing concern even though Austin Calitro and Shaquem Griffin accumulated additional experience in his absence.

I'm looking forward to an updated injury report and more pregame information on linebacker status as we get closer to Chicago game time.

Agreed. Wait until closer to game time to panic.

Jville

Reaction score
Holly Smokes ..... I guess my speculation on the severity of Wagner's injury was totally off .........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1041059092414881794[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":1689j1tm said:
Holly Smokes ..... I guess my speculation on the severity of Wagner's injury was totally off .........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1041059092414881794[/tweet]

Shit. Oh. Dear.

Jville

Reaction score
Opportunity knocks .......... who would have predicted that Austin Calitro would get a shot as a starter?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yikes. Hopefully it’s a speedy recovery for Wags. Both the Bears and the Cowboys have really good run game.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carroll said Wagner felt the injury late in the game against Denver but thought initially it was just a cramp. Carroll said the injury was then diagnosed a couple of days later. Carroll said he thinks Wagner can play next Sunday against Dallas in Seattle’s home opener.

“He’s running already, working hard,” Carroll said. “But he’s not quite ready so we’ll get him probably next week.”

Wright will now miss a second straight game after having arthroscopic knee surgery two-and-a-half weeks ago. Carroll said Wright has also been running all week and that he also has a chance to return against Dallas.

“I can’t imagine him not competing to play next week,” Carroll said. “He looked great today. …. He looks like he’ll be ready to go.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... t-chicago/