Was the offense really that bad?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":26ogso4f said:
johnnyfever":26ogso4f said:
25% chance to make the playoffs now. Falcons need to lose and we need to win. This might have been the worst called game bevell has ever had. We were pausing to discuss the horrid route trees and complete lack of options for Russ.

Bev is KILLING us. Nowhere to throw the ball nearly every down.

Despite that as usual Rw still had a decent game, 66% complt, 2 tds, 107 qb rating, 89% of offensive yards, 100% of offesnive Tds, leading rusher etc etc But that was mostly despite play calling and design
Here Here!! :irishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ssaguktu said:
johnnyfever":ssaguktu said:
25% chance to make the playoffs now. Falcons need to lose and we need to win. This might have been the worst called game bevell has ever had. We were pausing to discuss the horrid route trees and complete lack of options for Russ.

Bev is KILLING us. Nowhere to throw the ball nearly every down.

It's only 25% if you consider the outcomes of the two games as even odds.

Not sure that's the case.

Might be splitting hairs, but I would figure the odds are higher.

LOLOL "Half Full Glass" arguing against a "Half Empty Glass" :lol:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":13czpz50 said:
Aros":13czpz50 said:
How much is it just a truly pathetic OL versus our receivers not getting separation? It seemed to me that Russell - when he did have time to throw - just couldn't find anyone open, like, EVER.

It's the total combination of:
1) an archaic offensive philosophy by stubborn Pete,

2) Our OC- chracteristic piss poor scripted plays/lack of adjustments/poor use or misuse of the talent we have/illogical situational play calling/poorly designed plays for the OL we have

3) Disastrous OL that never really improves much with the wrong players running the ZBS--all on Cable

4) Pete's bizarre and maddening refusal to alter any of the above and to just ramming head on like General Pickett into a wall of failure

5) inconsistent route sepatation/Wilson's refusal to throw guys open-he will only throw if the guy has 4 yards of separation

6) Wilson, despite his excellent overall season, still holds onto the ball too long at times

The fact that all this continues to persist and degrade into the crapfest we just saw now rests entirely on Pete. These are the coaches he evidently just loves and he's living in la la land thinking our results will improve.

I've seen Russell throw some dimes. However as others have said, when the defense is playing well we go full conservative. Don't risk it

When the defense is looking vulnerable, we unleash Wilson. The only problem with that philosophy is it presumes the opposing defense won't have something to say about that.

We could do that with a strong running game and O-line in 2012-2013, not so much this time. It's important for Bevell to consistently employ game plans similar to the one against the Eagles

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Presented without comment.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/945701053714100226[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His 3rd down throw to Richardson was nails. And the 2 touchdown passes were on the money. He did what he needed to when it counted.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wilson's absolutely not flawless, but I've been saying for years that if we let our protection of him keep getting worse, we'll turn him into a Carr/Bulger (David Carr, not Derek); promising QBs that had their careers ruined from years of terrible pass protection. It's a real thing; quarterbacks start hearing footsteps even when there aren't any.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":241jh2ro said:

Yeah not like a defender was within a step or 2.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I doubt he's the only QB you could dissect like this. But since it's Russ, feel free to do what you have to do. People do this in games he plays well in too.

renofox

Reaction score
907Hawk":1sdab8se said:
MontanaHawk05":1sdab8se said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

Am I the only one who sees the slot defender (not sure if nickel or lb) letting his man go free in anticipation of jumping Lockett's route? Defender had excellent position to make the pick 6. Good no-throw.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, it's Russ, wouldn't matter if it was a good non-throw. Decision have already been made years ago on him. He could have a 4 touchdown game, and people would post photo's or vids like this.
It was incredibly cold outside today, thanks Russ.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34wsz186 said:
Like when you order a glass of wine, and they fill that crap half way up. Lame, fill it up there sparky.

I prefer champagne. :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With some OJ thrown in. My Mom calls them MERmosa's for some reason, so to this day I forget to call them Memosa's.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
907Hawk":1opea8ow said:
MontanaHawk05":1opea8ow said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

What an awful play to analyze and blame on Russ.

1. Ifedi got blown up, the defender was in his face immediately.
2. The defender guessed right on Lockett and would of either had an interception or a hard hit on Lockett.
3. There was literally probably half a second to hit his first and only read, Lockett for an 8ish yard gain that would have been near the sticks, if he did a three-step drop and released.
4. Had the protection been better and held for longer Jimmy Graham was open down the middle, but I guess that's irrelevant considering the pressure.

This is a bad o-line play not a bad Wilson play.

Anthony!

Reaction score
renofox":2nx5j2t6 said:
907Hawk":2nx5j2t6 said:
MontanaHawk05":2nx5j2t6 said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

Am I the only one who sees the slot defender (not sure if nickel or lb) letting his man go free in anticipation of jumping Lockett's route? Defender had excellent position to make the pick 6. Good no-throw.

Nope your right, but the domers don't want to see it

907Hawk

Reaction score
renofox":v2qgi308 said:
907Hawk":v2qgi308 said:
MontanaHawk05":v2qgi308 said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

Not a good no throw, if thrown on-time to Lockett it would have been an easy completion. The DB you refer to was in trailing position on Graham, this would have also been an easy throw for a potentially bigger gain, instead Wilson took a 22 yard sack, on third and 5 an incomplete pass would have greatly helped field position.

Now before you get upset let me just say give it a rest, its only one play, I am only talking about this one play.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
907Hawk":3o7b3gtd said:
renofox":3o7b3gtd said:
907Hawk":3o7b3gtd said:
MontanaHawk05":3o7b3gtd said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

Not a good no throw, if thrown on-time to Lockett it would have been an easy completion. The DB you refer to was in trailing position on Graham, this would have also been an easy throw for a potentially bigger gain, instead Willson took a 22 yard sack, on third and 5 an incomplete pass would have greatly helped field position.

Now before you get upset let me just say give it a rest, its only one play, I am only talking about this one play.

There is literally only one situation where this play could have worked from the beginning regardless and it includes a pre-read to Lockett after a three-step drop.

The offensive line getting blown up and forcing Russell to escape the pocket is not Russell's fault.

Should he just be expected to make every throw in which he is running for his life? Guy makes like 80% of those plays work so I'll give him a pass. I do wish he would throw the ball away a bit more.

Anthony!

Reaction score
907Hawk":s73huvnx said:
renofox":s73huvnx said:
907Hawk":s73huvnx said:
MontanaHawk05":s73huvnx said:

Pull the trigger Russ.

Not a good no throw, if thrown on-time to Lockett it would have been an easy completion. The DB you refer to was in trailing position on Graham, this would have also been an easy throw for a potentially bigger gain, instead Wilson took a 22 yard sack, on third and 5 an incomplete pass would have greatly helped field position.

Hmm yeah sorry he is right a good no throw. Guard even said it. The db was baiting him

Latest posts