Washington @ Arizona State

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ASU on the move again into UW territory. Washington's going to lose this game because of their offensive shortcomings.

Msfann

Reaction score
Wow talk about the wheels falling off.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Oh look, another mistake by the offense as Browning throws right to a defender for another interception.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This may have been Browning's worst game. He wasn't helped by the half-dozen drops that happen every game, but he also missed several open receivers in the first half and made some really poor decisions with the ball in the second half.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't have sound on but how did they call that a catch?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Fittingly, the game ends with Washington's fourth turnover of the 4th quarter. This loss is entirely on the offensive players and coaches.

Deterrence

Reaction score
Straight up garbage. By far worse than the Hawk's drop at Cincinnati because this one could've been a blowout if a few passes were a few inches shorter or caught. Need to see the run to pass ratio because it seemed like we straight up stopped running at one point.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Deterrence":5fdsarbw said:
Straight up garbage. By far worse than the Hawk's drop at Cincinnati because this one could've been a blowout if a few passes were a few inches shorter or caught. Need to see the run to pass ratio because it seemed like we straight up stopped running at one point.
That's why I put part of the blame on the coaches. The Huskies had 98 yards rushing in the first half, only 10 in the second. And they always ran out of the same formation so ASU started blitzing it every time they saw it, which also killed the naked bootleg they tried to run out of it one time.

kearly

Reaction score
SeatownJay":36nua49t said:
This may have been Browning's worst game. He wasn't helped by the half-dozen drops that happen every game, but he also missed several open receivers in the first half and made some really poor decisions with the ball in the second half.

Browning was really good, up until the game situation caused him to force some throws. He doesn't have good enough arm strength to shine in comeback situations, not yet anyway.

The 2nd interception would have been caught for a huge gain, the WR was wide open, but Browning threw to a different spot, looked like miscommunication. It's often a problem for true freshman QBs and it's probably something that will occur far less frequently next year.

Also, UWs receivers mostly suck ass. That's an area that needs to be addressed by the program asap. Getting John Ross back will help but they need a lot of help at the WR position. The WRs singlehandedly lost the game today, IMO. It would have been a blowout win had they caught every catchable pass. It felt like they dropped 3 TDs and dropped several 3rd down conversions.

kearly

Reaction score
Boy what a weird season this has been. UW has been so far above my expectations in terms of play to play performance, but have experienced the greatest number of highly frustrating losses I can ever remember in 25 years of being a fan.

Really sucks that UW and Seattle are both having the most frustrating seasons in decades at the same time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":14r2q6tk said:
Boy what a weird season this has been. UW has been so far above my expectations in terms of play to play performance, but have experienced the greatest number of highly frustrating losses I can ever remember in 25 years of being a fan.

Really sucks that UW and Seattle are both having the most frustrating seasons in decades at the same time.
They both might have 2 of the worst OC's in their perspective leagues as well.
You don't abandon the run in the second half, stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!!!

Now I'm not saying that's the only reason they lost just one of the main reasons.
Late turnovers, dropped passes, bad decisions by your true freshman QB (who I think is going to be real good BTW), missed tackles, missed FG's etc etc etc.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
To bad we can't combine that Washington defense with this Oregon offense. We 'd bring a title to the northwest. Ducks averaging about 14 yards per play against Stanford, into the 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Not counting scrambles by Jake Browning, the Huskies only ran the ball seven times in the second half.

mrblitz

Reaction score
all of the other losses were understandable. this is the worst loss, because it defies explanation. in the other losses, there was a sense that the program was moving forward. in this one, it seems like a setback.

they've got to put this one behind them, and show up for oregon state.