Washington @ Cal

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Huskies looked great in the 2nd half. Pettis and Ross huge days. Bring on Southern Cal!

Atradees

Reaction score
Washington''s QB has an amazing deep ball. RED zone plays go to Ross. I like Colman as rb better than Pettis. He seems more explosive to me. Both were good. The three picks more than I expected.

This year is the worst I've experienced as a Pac 10,12 fan in conference play.

UW needs some better competition. Never been a fan of weak noncon schedules.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The D held Cal to well under their average ppg on the road and after giving Cal a few short fields due to poor special teams play. Not bad.

danbogart

Reaction score
Atradees":2kjrn043 said:
Washington''s QB has an amazing deep ball. RED zone plays go to Ross. I like Colman as rb better than Pettis. He seems more explosive to me. Both were good. The three picks more than I expected.

Good thing Pettis plays wideout then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Atradees":1vcvpwfq said:

Yeah you are off here a bit. Pettis is a WR. Gaskin and Coleman are the RB's.

But yes, Browning does have an amazing deep ball. One knock on him last year was his inaccuracy on his deep balls, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Also helps that he has one of the fastest WR's and a great offensive line.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2e6idc79 said:
Atradees":2e6idc79 said:

Yeah you are off here a bit. Pettis is a WR. Gaskin and Coleman are the RB's.

But yes, Browning does have an amazing deep ball. One knock on him last year was his inaccuracy on his deep balls, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Also helps that he has one of the fastest WR's and a great offensive line.

He under throws a lot of them. Luckily his receivers are usually wide open.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... Jake Browning isn't perfect so he'll never hold up... etc etc...

He's a phenomenal college QB whose arm strength isn't elite. May get better as he grows and matures, or it may not. He's also athletic, accurate (except for the aforementioned deep ball), and makes excellent decisions. I have no idea how we'd look against Alabama or Michigan, but I don't think we, or he, would fold like an old lawn chair just because Jake isn't the best deep-ball thrower in the nation.