Washington - Utah

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":gyizjqj9 said:
This is bad.

Utah scores here, they totally have momentum going into halftime. More often than not, you win the game under those conditions.

The Huskies are what I thought they were. A good team, but nowhere near Alabama territory.
I don't think anyone is near "Alabama" territory. I think the UW is a year away from that.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":jw9syijg said:
Milehighhawk":jw9syijg said:
The_Z_Man":jw9syijg said:
Joe Williams though... man, that dude is unstoppable.

He could run for 200 on the Huskies if he keeps this up.

Maybe hawks should draft him...

Nice hyperbole. He is not an NFL caliber back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard "not an NFL back" so many damn times in my life, and then the guy comes out and crushes it.

and then I hear, "he's got all the tools to be a great NFL back..." and you get Ingram and Trent Richardson, et.

That's nice. You can quote me if he ever plays a down at the next level. Most his yards are before contact and he has a serious fumbling problem.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":8bw87hmn said:
This is bad.

Utah scores here, they totally have momentum going into halftime. More often than not, you win the game under those conditions.

The Huskies are what I thought they were. A good team, but nowhere near Alabama territory.
The Browning interception was a HUGE HUGE dumb mistake. Then they get all conservative on the next drive.
Utah is good and you have to give them credit, but UW has shot themselves in both feet especially on offense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":4ixput2k said:
You have to call taunting.

It was utterly stupid on the part of the defense. You are the #4 team in the country and someone is taunting you? About what?

When refs allow teams to taunt each other, eventually someone tries to hurt someone.

Chris needs to bring all those 4 guys together and make it very clear to them that the TD was their fault. And they better shut up for the rest of the game.

When you act like a dbag, there are consequences. That yap yap hand gesture was a dbag move right in front of the player's face. Especially when it is your former teammate.
You need to include Browning into the group of 4.
The are not in that situation without that piss poor decision on the pick.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, it is pretty clear Oregon and Stanford are nowhere near as good as they normally are.

We don't look even remotely close to a #4 team and Browning looks nothing like a Heisman guy that can knock Lamar off his horse. Pretty horrible job by Browning and the offense. This game is probably going to seal the fate of Browning being a legit Heisman option unless things turn around big time.

Admittedly, guys are dropping passes and not helping him but nothing about Browning is screaming top offensive guy right now.

This might be more a team that is very good but that has played a schedule that isn't near as good as people initially thought.

But on the taunting penalty, as my coach used to say, you can save face or you can save your *ss, you don't get to do both. Someone that concerned about what someone is saying to/about them is clearly not as focused on what they need to do to win the game. Someone calling you out all game doesn't matter if they lose, only if they win. So you focus on making sure they lose, not saying crap back to them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
After watching the highlights, I forgot the UW has dropped at least 2 picks on defense as well.
They are going to have to step it up to win this game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1oizpdux said:
Well, it is pretty clear Oregon and Stanford are nowhere near as good as they normally are.

We don't look even remotely close to a #4 team and Browning looks nothing like a Heisman guy that can knock Lamar off his horse. Pretty horrible job by Browning and the offense. This game is probably going to seal the fate of Browning being a legit Heisman option unless things turn around big time.

Admittedly, guys are dropping passes and not helping him but nothing about Browning is screaming top offensive guy right now.

This might be more a team that is very good but that has played a schedule that isn't near as good as people initially thought.
I'd have no problem if the heisman talk went away, just another distraction.
Heisman candidates don't stare down the receiver and throw a piss poor pass into triple coverage.

He might be one his junior or senior year, but not now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2qxfsmu3 said:
Sports Hernia":2qxfsmu3 said:
The_Z_Man":2qxfsmu3 said:
This is bad.

The Browning interception was a HUGE HUGE dumb mistake. Then they get all conservative on the next drive.
Utah is good and you have to give them credit, but UW has shot themselves in both feet especially on offense.

Yes, a thing that great teams shouldn't be doing.

Listen, Utah is playing this game with the Huskies 3rd string cast off QB from 2 years ago. A guy who couldn't beat out Cyler Myles who may have been the worst UW QB I've ever seen.

There is no excuse for Utah to be in this game. None...
The Dawgs need to really get Ross involved in the 2nd half.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When you rush 3 on defense for any reason, you deserve what you get.

I don't care if it is 3rd and long and the QB is a dead guy. You rush 3, you are probably going to let the QB beat you.

Stupid Huskies.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

It was 3rd and long and they just send 3. He couldn't even throw it and they let him waltz forward for 10+ yards because there was no pressure up the middle, he just sidestepped the ONE guy in the middle.

I actually think rushing 3 should be considering a felony. I hate it unless at least one LB is applying pressure too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yeah.

Win or lose you have to drop UW about 5 slots after this game.

I hated the pass btw but I will take the TD.

Which is good because this game was moving very close to become a choke job.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
It is hilarious that some think that just because you don't blow out an opponent that you are suddenly undeserving of being thought a great team. Every single week we see top teams with near misses. It's called a competition for a reason and the utes aren't exactly chopped liver.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure how Gaskin somehow gets pulled out of the drive when he was the one that brought them close to the RZ.

Edit: The stupidity and lack of situational awareness on the part of the defense is mindnumbing. This will be 2 drives that stupidity led to TDs.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":vtudebvs said:
Milehighhawk":vtudebvs said:
It is hilarious that some think that just because you don't blow out an opponent that you are suddenly undeserving of being thought a great team. Every single week we see top teams with near misses. It's called a competition for a reason and the utes aren't exactly chopped liver.

I'm watching how a team plays. This is a top 10 football team, no doubt in my mind.

but there are at least 5 better teams out there.

Alabama
Michigan
Louisville
Auburn
Clemson

That's the way I see it.

The same Louisville team that required a last second touchdown today to beat an unranked and already has a loss to a Clemson team that has looked shaky in spots? Too funny. All credibility lost with that ridiculous double standard.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, get used to it.

Because this game looks like a loss and if the Huskies lose this, they are clearly, easily dropping out of the top 5, maybe the top 10.

Because a lot of 1 loss teams are going to vault way past them.

It isn't a double standard to point out this team barely played anyone good and one of the few teams that is good they are playing is giving them fits.

They look tremendously ordinary so far today.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z55t9hg said:
Well, get used to it.

Because this game looks like a loss and if the Huskies lose this, they are clearly, easily dropping out of the top 5, maybe the top 10.

Because a lot of 1 loss teams are going to vault way past them.

It isn't a double standard to point out this team barely played anyone good and one of the few teams that is good they are playing is giving them fits.

They look tremendously ordinary so far today.

Except this isn't what was said above. I paraphrase " even if they win they should drop several spots". Those kinds of statements are illogical. The fact is if they win they may move up to 3.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well if they win, I will be too happy to care.

But the eye test says several 1 loss teams are better than even a UW team with a win.

There will be pressure to put Louisville ahead of UW, and that would make sense because Louisville would destroy UW.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1c662c5n said:
Well if they win, I will be too happy to care.

But the eye test says several 1 loss teams are better than even a UW team with a win.

There will be pressure to put Louisville ahead of UW, and that would make sense because Louisville would destroy UW.

Clearly you missed the Louisville/Virginia game today, otherwise your sanity comes into question.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not at all.

What other team gave us fits? Arizona. Because their QB can run.

The guy beating us today is a terrible passer but he is just running away from pressure.

You don't think a bigger, faster QB that can actually throw the ball wouldn't walk up and down the field on us?

Because AZ and Utah are telling us that would be very likely.

We struggle with mobile QBs. (and our defense makes stupid, stupid mistakes)