Washington - Utah

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if it was pretty. The Huskies beat a ranked team today and are still undefeated. I don't think they're on a level to challenge teams like Alabama and Michigan but making the play-offs itself would be a huge feat already and it looks like it will happen.

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, you guys sound like a bunch of whiny fans I know over on an NFL board. Bitch, bitch, oh.....great game!

:twisted:

:roll:

:rofl: :laugh:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1lf5yusk said:
Doesn't matter if it was pretty. The Huskies beat a ranked team today and are still undefeated. I don't think they're on a level to challenge teams like Alabama and Michigan but making the play-offs itself would be a huge feat already and it looks like it will happen.

Still have a long ways to go. Still have their toughest 3 opponents in front of them. USC, WSU and whoever they play if they make the pac 12 title game.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I feel okay about usc as its at home. We shoukd beat cal next week but it could be a trap game.

Games im most worries about are asu and wsu.

We havent beat asu in 13 years or something ridiculous. We should beat them but its about overcoming streaks.

Apple cup is just one of those games that could go either way, plus its in pullman.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For all the whining about how they atruggled today, at least they won unlike the 4 unbeatens (possibly 5 if Clemson loses). It was a tough road game against the 2nd best Pac 12 team and they still pulled it out. Go Dawgs.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Great win by the dawgs today and if it wasn't for some questionable penalties, it could've been worse. Those of you who aren't impressed need to realize that Utah is a tough well coached team who had won 11 of the last 12 games at home. I knew this game wasn't going to be easy and it reminded me of the close win UW got on the road vs Cal back in 91. With College Gameday in Utah that crowd was fired up and getting a win in that environment is huge.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20ct1a9z said:
Overseasfan":20ct1a9z said:

Still have a long ways to go. Still have their toughest 3 opponents in front of them. USC, WSU and whoever they play if they make the pac 12 title game.

so they just beat a 1 loss team at home ranked 17th ( should be higher IMO) yet tougher games will be unranked USC, WSU? solid logic here... I was aware duck fans were a bit illogical at times.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2ekh097g said:
JSeahawks":2ekh097g said:
Overseasfan":2ekh097g said:

so they just beat a 1 loss team at home ranked 17th ( should be higher IMO) yet tougher games will be unranked USC, WSU? solid logic here... I was aware duck fans were a bit illogical at times.

Couldnt care less where teams are ranked this time of the year. Utah is extremely average and has the worst QB in the pac 12. Dude couldnt beat out Cyler Miles.

USC is better then them at virtually every position.

UW has a really good chance to go undefeated, but yes, i absolutely think their toughest tests are still to come.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ambrose83":u68sj83w said:
JSeahawks":u68sj83w said:
Overseasfan":u68sj83w said:

That's alright, J is still bitter about losing by almost 50 points at home to the hated rival. 8)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2lfq5nkm said:
EverydayImRusselin":2lfq5nkm said:
For all the whining about how they atruggled today, at least they won unlike the 4 unbeatens (possibly 5 if Clemson loses). It was a tough road game against the 2nd best Pac 12 team and they still pulled it out. Go Dawgs.

Jesus H Christ.

Every time a football fan points out a football team is not playing well, or has deficiencies or weaknesses on this forum, someone has to go on a tirade about how it's whining.

What do you expect, that we should sit around all day long, watch games, blow sunshine up your ass, serve up the strawberry kool aid, and say "yea yea yea, they are so awesome, and pulling out a squeaker vs Utah means they can bull rush Alabama or X and win the natty!"

Is that what you want?

The reason you have a football forum is so everyone can voice their opinions, if you disagree with said opinion, fine, explain why, but stop denigrating and putting labels on everyone who disagrees.

It seems to me that expecting the team to win every game 70-21 is unrealistic. It's the same problem in the main forum. Unless we win 35-0 every game the sky is falling. It's driven away multiple good posters and it seems to me the main forum activity is significantly down lately. I would guess in large part to the perpetual whining.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Holy Carp.

Are you really implying that some of you need a 'safe space' where no criticism is allowed and no frustration exists for you to be able to either contribute to or somehow endure a team message board?

Should we be putting 'Trigger Warning!" in the header of every post where someone might say something that in any way skews negative?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1xd6dx9i said:
Holy Carp.

Are you really implying that some of you need a 'safe space' where no criticism is allowed and no frustration exists for you to be able to either contribute to or somehow endure a team message board?

Should we be putting 'Trigger Warning!" in the header of every post where someone might say something that in any way skews negative?
Conversely there are people who are negative no matter what happens. Clearly their lives must be utterly miserable. I'm not even sure why they watch sports if it upsets them so much.

justafan

Reaction score
I think fans already have too high of expectations.Not every week will be a blowout or that they will be at the top of their game.

They are young and just starting to learn to play with a target on their back and all the hoopla that comes with being ranked so high.I actually expect them to lose a game before the bowls,not because they are overated but just because thats how college football is.I am just enjoying the Dawgs turning it around and having a bright future.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3oue3gq5 said:
The_Z_Man":3oue3gq5 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3oue3gq5 said:

Jesus H Christ.

Every time a football fan points out a football team is not playing well, or has deficiencies or weaknesses on this forum, someone has to go on a tirade about how it's whining.

What do you expect, that we should sit around all day long, watch games, blow sunshine up your ass, serve up the strawberry kool aid, and say "yea yea yea, they are so awesome, and pulling out a squeaker vs Utah means they can bull rush Alabama or X and win the natty!"

Is that what you want?

The reason you have a football forum is so everyone can voice their opinions, if you disagree with said opinion, fine, explain why, but stop denigrating and putting labels on everyone who disagrees.

It seems to me that expecting the team to win every game 70-21 is unrealistic. It's the same problem in the main forum. Unless we win 35-0 every game the sky is falling. It's driven away multiple good posters and it seems to me the main forum activity is significantly down lately. I would guess in large part to the perpetual whining.
Exaggerate much??? It cracks me up when someone "whines" about the "whiners", the hypocrisy is delicious.

Being critical about certain parts of the game that didn't go well is being realistic. Differing opinions are what the place is about, even though they may not always line up with yours, or mine.

I don't think there is a UW fan in here that is upset they WON yesterday against a tough opponent at their house.