Watching the Hawks from Northern California- a preview

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
I'm always supremely interested in when the Hawks will be on prime time and when I might be able to catch them on regular broadcasts anyway, usually when OAK or SF are not playing at the same time or there is not a more interesting national game on at the same time. Otherwise it's off to the bar I go (not a terrible thing, by the way).

There are some other arcane rules (see section called "no opposing games"):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_F ... t_policies

Here are my early predictions.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

1: GB: Thursday Primetime
2: @SD: Go to the bar
3: DEN: Should be on CBS, even while SF@AZ is on Fox
4: Bye
5: @WSH: MNF
6: DAL: Go to the bar
7: @STL: May be in on in bay area, given division, but several other good games on nationally, so depends
8: @ CAR: Mostly likely on in California
9: OAK: STL@SF is on at the same time on the other network. Guessing they are both played locally
10: NYG: Go to bar
11: @KC: Go to bar
12: AZ: Go to bar
13: @SF: Thanksgiving TNF!
14: @PHI: Go to bar (Battle of the Bay, SF@OAK on at the same time, chance we get flexed to Sunday night tho)
15: SF: enough said
16: @AZ: Sunday Night Football (we may very well get flexed out of this one)
17: STL: Go to bar

In total, 7 or 8 of 16 games are unlikely to televised locally. So either get the ticket or find a good bar!

This stuff changes up to Wednesday before the game, so always check http://506sports.com/nfl/ which is a great resource.

Go Hawks!

Cartire

Reaction score
Thanks for the break down.

Week 12, SF is on CBS, so its possible (if you are outside the blackout zones) that you would see SEA vs AZ. If you are in SF zones, then Fox will be a blackout regardless.

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
I think Fox only gets one game that day, so they may opt for a morning game even outside of the local SF market, like DET @ NE. I live in Sonoma, so I think I'm in the local market for both the Raiders AND the Whiners.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":8m2mwkim said:
Thanks for the break down.

Week 12, SF is on CBS, so its possible (if you are outside the blackout zones) that you would see SEA vs AZ. If you are in SF zones, then Fox will be a blackout regardless.

The only games which we are scheduled to be on CBS are the Broncos and the Raiders games.

Our 12th game, which is week 13 against the Niners is the Thanksgiving game and is a national game on NBC. Our home game vs the niners in week 15 is scheduled to be on FOX, but could theoretically be moved to SNF, although I doubt it will be since they will have just shown those teams play each other 2 weeks prior. I look for that to be a heavily promoted game by FOX with pretty decent coverage, although not national.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":1g7j1dru said:
This stuff changes up to Wednesday before the game, so always check http://506sports.com/nfl/ which is a great resource.

Also, I try to post the link with our seahawks information updated weekly using that site. I've been doing this for quite a few years now, and I've actually seen certain local stations change their teams as late as Saturday (at least that's when I've seen changes posted on that site).

Largent80

Reaction score
What I have seen since I moved back to SoCal in early 2008. The Hawks are rarely on national TV unless it is a Thursday, Monday, or flex/national game.

This season is perfect to order NFL Sunday Tic. See my thread on that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1kfjqkvg said:
What I have seen since I moved back to SoCal in early 2008. The Hawks are rarely on national TV unless it is a Thursday, Monday, or flex/national game.

This season is perfect to order NFL Sunday Tic. See my thread on that.

I think playing the AFC West will help get a few more games to West Coast cities that aren't in the Seattle market. Of course, I'm sure most of the games will be aired up here, as they usually are. Seems that CBS up here doesn't like us though, they'll usually opt for any other AFC Game. Luckily I won't have to worry about it as I got my free Sunday Ticket with my DirecTV this year. I do look forward to seeing what ll it has to offer besides Seahawks football.

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1bv1y3hi said:

It's the regional coverage that matters during non-primetime slots. I found quite a few weeks where here in the bay area the Hawks were featured-- I think it had to do with being in the same division as the Whiners. That, and their inferiority complex.