We are not bad. We are broken.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Everybody should definitely panic.

Russ completing 11 of 27 passes for 108 yards marks the worst performance of his career and our passing game was hopeless. Pass protection was a disaster and we turned the ball over way too much. Losing like this at home shows that we are too inconsistent to win in the post season. (Internet Seahawk fan reaction on December 22, 2013)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
AgentDib":90kp5qup said:
Everybody should definitely panic.

Russ completing 11 of 27 passes for 108 yards marks the worst performance of his career and our passing game was hopeless. Pass protection was a disaster and we turned the ball over way too much. Losing like this at home shows that we are too inconsistent to win in the post season. (Internet Seahawk fan reaction on December 22, 2013)

Arizona's d line was all world that game.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
The "nothing is wrong" posts are just as bad as the "everything is wrong" posts.

The team is somewhere in between; obviously worse than the Super Bowl-winning team, but obviously better than teams like the 2011 team. Lots of people have lots of different ideas about what is wrong, which is why you end up hearing just about every part of the team mentioned at least once, but it is fine if people want to discuss what is wrong with the team (or else why are you even on a message board?).

MrThortan

Reaction score
It is hard to win in the NFL. It is even harder to win consistently. What has it been, 4 years in a row this team has made the playoffs, on the way to 5? There are a lot of NFL teams that would love to make it just 1 year, one chance at fighting for the ring.

This team has has a lot of young players. A lot of important cogs to this team have moved on simply because the salary cap can't afford to pay them all the insane amount of money they can make on the NFL market. I truly believe Pete and Co are trying to build a dynasty; striving to win the ultimate prize each year, yet not sabotaging the future of the franchise to do so. I think this team has a lot of fight left and has a shot to make it all the way. This whooping was a major wake up call and I think the team likely comes out stronger Thursday and make a serious contenders run. If they fall short... I think next year's team will be better. The class of 2016 seems like a bit of a rebuilding and sometimes that comes at an expensive cost.

:240039: Just my whisky induced midnight homerism typing :0190l:

stack55

Reaction score
We got 1sack in the last 3 games. We are putting no pressure
On our opponents qb. This d-line hasn't done crap the last 3
Games. Even with a gimpy Arron Rodgers we couldn't put
Pressure on him. Suck

CANHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2b0scqp9 said:
The defense is still dominant. All it takes is for the offense to click a little and it'll be the 2007 Giants all over again. I mean look at the competition. Dallas is way over rates. And Detroit? Not enough weapons to keep a good defense honest. The best NFC team is still Seattle.
Holy tap dancing Christ on a cracker. The NINER FAN is the voice of reason tonight.

Stop the Internet, I want to get off...

Sent from my spare phone by the toilet using Tapatalk

NINEster

Reaction score
CANHawk":2gcnh0p9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2gcnh0p9 said:
The defense is still dominant. All it takes is for the offense to click a little and it'll be the 2007 Giants all over again. I mean look at the competition. Dallas is way over rates. And Detroit? Not enough weapons to keep a good defense honest. The best NFC team is still Seattle.
Holy tap dancing Christ on a cracker. The NINER FAN is the voice of reason tonight.

Stop the Internet, I want to get off...

Sent from my spare phone by the toilet using Tapatalk

Right now it seems like the Giants are taking the Seahawks M.O....unless these two wins against Cowboys are divisional flukes a la LA Rams against Seahawks.

Their O has been underperforming relative to the talent level.

They won last night because of defense and one play to Beckham. Without that combo they lose.

Still not sure I'm sold on the Hawks being the best team in the NFC. What will be on their side due to the seeding rules is a home playoff game minimum, possibly two if they're lucky. Hawks at home are almost always a pretty competitive team.

Impossible to play on grass in the postseason unless it's an NFCC against the Skins or Bucs, which is a low probability chance as is, like the 2013 49ers hosting the Saints for the NFCC.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think this team knew deep down that this wasn't a "must win" game. They looked like a team that knew they had 1 more to give away. They may have tried to trick themselves into the mindset that it was a must win, but they didn't truly buy in. They are human. They see 3 losing teams coming up to end the season (2 of which are at home). They also know that Detroit is unlikely to run the table with the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers still remaining. But from this point on, every game is truly a must win in order to land the 2 seed. I think we will see a much better Hawks team from this point on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12thbrah

Reaction score
Another overreaction monday. The whole game was decided by turnovers in favor of Green Bay 6-0. There is no team in this league that could survive something like that. Despite the score the Hawks had more yards and greater time of possession and won almost every statistical category. The Packers scored 4 TDs on drives of less than 50 yards all because of turnovers. This game was a fluky in every way.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
12thbrah":2e1q3olz said:
Another overreaction monday. The whole game was decided by turnovers in favor of Green Bay 6-0. There is no team in this league that could survive something like that. Despite the score the Hawks had more yards and greater time of possession and won almost every statistical category. The Packers scored 4 TDs on drives of less than 50 yards all because of turnovers. This game was a fluky in every way.
+ 10

I'm not expecting the Seahawks to win out this year but they have played well enough at times to think it a possibility.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3fv0km8s said:
Has Pete lost the team?
Has Russell lost the team?

Is the philosophy just a talking point (now), not the actual culture anymore? We aren't the underdogs and haven't been for several years.

This wasn't just a bad game or a bad season. We are ebbing/flowing between great games and horrendous ones, which is why I don't think we are a bad team, we are just broken. It's bi-polar.

So what is it? What are your thoughts?

We have a weird mixture of youth and experience, and that youth shows its face in inconsistency.

That doesn't explain the defensive inconsistnecy, though. That one has me scratching my head.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
cymatica":3mbvxiv4 said:
Seems like Pete's philosophy of ball control and sound defense is broken.

Little investment in the o-line, with too much in skill positions, makes it tough to be balanced and control the tempo. Either you want a conservative ball control offense, or you want an aggressive up tempo.

The O-line hasn't been even remotely the problem for over a month. The one exception was the game our starting center was out.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
razor150":h6dwa9qy said:
I thought losing to the Bucs was the wake up call. How many more wake up calls do we need before it hits home that this team just isn't where it needs to be?

This isn't the doom and gloom of "we're just figured out" because that just isn't it. Sure we aren't fooling anyone, never were, but the defense is still good. It isn't like it's constantly giving up 38 points. It is amazing how well they have done considering how inept this offense can be at times. A better more consistent pass rush would go a long way, but they are still one of the best units in the league.

On offense we've had 2 years of probably historically bad offensive lines. Wilson started off the year by betting hurt, and he hasn't really had a great year overall even now that he seems to be getting healthy again. I would say this in large part due to a bad offensive line, and an offense that is suffering from post Lynch loss of identity. It doesn't even seem like the offensive coaches knows what our identity on offense is anymore.

Yeah, the Bucs game should of been a big enough wake up call. Something needs to change and change quickly.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3fokdjac said:
razor150":3fokdjac said:
I thought losing to the Bucs was the wake up call. How many more wake up calls do we need before it hits home that this team just isn't where it needs to be?

This isn't the doom and gloom of "we're just figured out" because that just isn't it. Sure we aren't fooling anyone, never were, but the defense is still good. It isn't like it's constantly giving up 38 points. It is amazing how well they have done considering how inept this offense can be at times. A better more consistent pass rush would go a long way, but they are still one of the best units in the league.

On offense we've had 2 years of probably historically bad offensive lines. Wilson started off the year by betting hurt, and he hasn't really had a great year overall even now that he seems to be getting healthy again. I would say this in large part due to a bad offensive line, and an offense that is suffering from post Lynch loss of identity. It doesn't even seem like the offensive coaches knows what our identity on offense is anymore.

Yeah, the Bucs game should of been a big enough wake up call. Something needs to change and change quickly.
Blitz is the only person that gets to make posts like this because it's his thing and has been for years. Everyone else, stop ripping off Blitzer's shtick!

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think if we take a step back and take a very impartial look at this team there are a few observations that can be made. This team:

-- 1. is capable of beating anyone on any given day
-- 2. is capable of losing to anyone on any given day
-- 3. has a great culture which has contributed to consistent success
-- 4. will not dwell on losses but move on to the next game

So I guess what I am saying is that this team is very resilient and has a great culture. That alone is not going to guarantee success, but I don't think anyone should count this team out. I don't know if they will get their act together enough to get the number 2 spot in the NFC playoffs, but if they do the rest of the league will be dealing with a *very* dangerous team.

We aren't necessarily the bully anymore, but we are this wildcard of a team where you never know what you're going to get. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be the consistent bully, but I'm not writing these guys off. They need to improve. They need better consistency. They should not be tossed around by the Green Bay Packers O-Line.

That being said, if Green Bay played us at CenturyLink, I think we could see a very different game. Remember last year when we pasted the Vikings during the regular season, then barely escaped with a win during the playoffs.

It's going to be a wild ride, so buckleup buckaroos!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cyrus12":bcgt4orn said:
Jeremy517":bcgt4orn said:
You just have to look at the 2013, 2014, and 2015 NFL drafts to understand the inconsistency. A few average guys, but not much else. It is hard to stay consistently good when the depth is gone and the O-Line picks have been misses.
this has a lot to do with it. our drafting has been awful for the most part.

Frank Clark is definitely not average. Tyler Lockett is definitely not average. Jarran Reed is not average.

You have guys like McEvoy and Vannett who will be good players and can show they can play in flashes this year, but they are buried behind proven guys and aren't getting reps, or in Vannett's case was hurt.

If you want to say OL.....well then ok. Even then, Britt is in his 3rd year, and he's a good Center. Glowinski is in his first year as a starter and he's about average. Ifedi could be good, but he's giving us what we expected; an athletic yet raw guy that needed seasoning.

Offensive line isn't going to be a quick fix in the draft anymore, and all the teams know it. Guys that are viewed more NFL ready are going to be drafted higher and higher. We just need to get a solid interior and start working on the edges, either via FA or developing a guy.

But to say we've drafted no one is untrue.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we just have to come to the realization as Hawk fans that it'll NEVER be like it was in 2013, and this is just business as usual in the NFL.

This team will never see that sort of depth again that allowed that kind of domination and next man up not missing a beat. Now next man up means a big drop in performance and chemistry on both sides of the ball.

So this is what we get to see, a VERY good competitive team with flaws.........just like 10 other very good competitive teams in the NFL, of which a handful can win it all.

So I guess the question isn't are we broken? The question is do we lower our lofty this team should win a SB every year expectations and be content with just being very good.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
".. 'just' being very good" is fine by me, have already bought into it. Along with that comes possibilities to extend the season but to be honest? It's no life or death thang, it's just frikkin' entertainment.

Rocket

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":b4o0sjb7 said:
Not to excuse the team but we played GB followed by Rams on a short week and our QB was up late watching soccer.

Wilson gets very little sleep, or so he says, so watchin' soccer at night ain't an issue...
right?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Rocket":3oy1o64y said:
Russ Willstrong":3oy1o64y said:
Not to excuse the team but we played GB followed by Rams on a short week and our QB was up late watching soccer.

Wilson gets very little sleep, or so he says, so watchin' soccer at night ain't an issue...
right?

More sleep won't make him taller/faster or the O-Line more capable, so yes, likely not an issue...

Latest posts