We are not bad. We are broken.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2tdwu4jf said:
Rocket":2tdwu4jf said:
Russ Willstrong":2tdwu4jf said:
Not to excuse the team but we played GB followed by Rams on a short week and our QB was up late watching soccer.

Wilson gets very little sleep, or so he says, so watchin' soccer at night ain't an issue...
right?

More sleep won't make him taller/faster or the O-Line more capable, so yes, likely not an issue...

More sleep would allow the neural signals of his mind to send more information and send it more quickly - something especially important for, well, anything that's challenging. Basically, we, the 12th man, must commit ourselves to tucking in RW at night at a reasonable hour for the good of the team/mankind. It is simply our only option.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":11vbxei2 said:
semiahmoo":11vbxei2 said:
Rocket":11vbxei2 said:
Russ Willstrong":11vbxei2 said:
Not to excuse the team but we played GB followed by Rams on a short week and our QB was up late watching soccer.

Wilson gets very little sleep, or so he says, so watchin' soccer at night ain't an issue...
right?

More sleep won't make him taller/faster or the O-Line more capable, so yes, likely not an issue...

More sleep would allow the neural signals of his mind to send more information and send it more quickly - something especially important for, well, anything that's challenging. Basically, we, the 12th man, must commit ourselves to tucking in RW at night at a reasonable hour for the good of the team/mankind. It is simply our only option.

Too much sleep can be more harmful than too little.

Best find a happy medium.

Carry on...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Rocket":3364rlla said:
Russ Willstrong":3364rlla said:

right?
Yeah you're right. It was Rodgers who was yawning like he hadn't slept a wink and he burned our ass.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2tuv37jo said:
Rocket":2tuv37jo said:
Russ Willstrong":2tuv37jo said:

right?
Yeah you're right. It was Rodgers who was yawning like he hadn't slept a wink and he burned our ass.

Rodgers is just a flat out great QB with a mind that scans the field and reacts far quicker than most of his NFL colleagues.

If the D isn't at its absolute best, he will pick you apart at will. Our last game against GB was a case in point that confirms that fact.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This thread is a joke.

Yeah the team that is currently in third place in the NFC is broken...okay. If we are broken, then at least 25 other teams are broken too.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":21ghgphf said:
This thread is a joke.

Yeah the team that is currently in third place in the NFC is broken...okay. If we are broken, then at least 25 other teams are broken too.

Broke is likely too strong a description, but "less than the sum of its parts" might work just fine.

As for 3rd in this NFC...meh. Nothing to brag too proudly about and a sign that perhaps some Seahawks fans have already taken to expecting less from this version of the Hawks?

Granted, 3rd is better than 4th, or 5th, or...

CANHawk

Reaction score
You can always tell the "new" fans, can't you? There were times in the 90's where we'd be happy to just be 3rd in our own division!

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
CANHawk":110xaf14 said:
You can always tell the "new" fans, can't you? There were times in the 90's where we'd be happy to just be 3rd in our own division!

Been cheering this team on since the days of Efren Herrera, pard.

My favorite Hawk of all time - Steve Largent. Class act, who ran the tightest routes of anyone who has ever played this game, and the hands to reward all the work that went into squeezing every bit of talent out of an otherwise unremarkable frame.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
CANHawk":3qsrlzij said:

Congratulations on being old. You are awesome at spinning around the sun. Maybe some people weren't "real" fans in the 90s because they were too young. Does that make their fan card lighter than yours?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2sa85ik8 said:
CANHawk":2sa85ik8 said:

Congratulations on being old. You are awesome at spinning around the sun. Maybe some people weren't "real" fans in the 90s because they were too young. Does that make their fan card lighter than yours?

No worries, I don't take posts like that seriously. Thanks for puttin' in a word though.

I was a kid going to games with my dad in the 70's (among the first season ticket holders) watched them on the tube mostly with a few attended home games here and there with my HS buds in the "Ground Chuck" 80's as we all got our Boz hair cuts, remember them sucking pretty bad in the 90's but still catching most the games on TV, and then watching again regularly during the up and down era that was the Holmgren years. Knew Pete primarily from his awesome USC teams and was thrilled to have him come to Seattle in 2010 and watching with my own kids the new Golden Era of Beast Mode, a young RW, the Legion of Boom, etc.

Been a nice run with this team, and hoping for a few more championships before I hit drooling -n- Depends stage...

johnnyfever

Reaction score
CANHawk":1r26tyk4 said:

So sick of hearing this. By the way, I sat through the decades of suck as well. It is because of all those years of yelling at my TV that I want them to do everything possible to take the most advantage of what we have right now.

I discount the logic of accepting crap because we have been conditioned to do so. I like being a fan of a winning Hawks team. I spent too many Sundays watching them lose.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2ht815pi said:
CANHawk":2ht815pi said:

So sick of hearing this. By the way, I sat through the decades of suck as well. It is because of all those years of yelling at my TV that I want them to do everything possible to take the most advantage of what we have right now.

I discount the logic of accepting crap because we have been conditioned to do so. I like being a fan of a winning Hawks team. I spent too many Sundays watching them lose.

Good point. The old "hey, we used to really suck bad so stop complaining when we kind of suck now" is about as deep thinking as a parking lot puddle.

These Hawks are missing something. They are a good albeit inconsistent team who is in danger of going one and done in the playoffs. Hoping they quickly get it together and do much better than that, but would not be at all surprised if they don't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
semiahmoo":17j3xpwp said:
Good point. The old "hey, we used to really suck bad so stop complaining when we kind of suck now" is about as deep thinking as a parking lot puddle.

But that's the point of some posters trying to insert some perspective to you guys, we don't "kinda suck now." We're 8-4-1 and probably going to win out and get the #2 seed, and once again play for another SB.

The Dolphins kind of suck now. The Colts kind of suck now. The Ravens kind of suck now. The Cardinals kind of suck now. The Saints kind of suck now. The Panthers kind of suck now.

Teams that have been a perennial playoff team, with two NFC Championships and a SB trophy in a five year span don't "kind of suck."

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q17717z said:
semiahmoo":3q17717z said:

But that's the point of some posters trying to insert some perspective to you guys, we don't "kinda suck now." We're 8-4-1 and probably going to win out and get the #2 seed, and once again play for another SB.

The Dolphins kind of suck now. The Colts kind of suck now. The Ravens kind of suck now. The Cardinals kind of suck now. The Saints kind of suck now. The Panthers kind of suck now.

Teams that have been a perennial playoff team, with two NFC Championships and a SB trophy in a five year span don't "kind of suck."

Compared to previous versions, it could be argued they do.

And certainly Wilson's stats at present don't measure favorably in most categories to his previous season - though he's been playing hurt - though that's part of why some fans are so irritable now. Pete said RW was as good as he's ever been, and yet two of the last three games by RW have been either bad - or horrible. (and one great one.)

The yin and yang tone of this team is a bit frustrating, though I'll be the first to admit, Seattle fans have been terribly spoiled the last five years.

If we make a run to close out the season, and then kick ass the first playoff game, all of this worry will be forgotten - until we lose again of course. :lol:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
It is inevitable that we will eventually be back to the teams of old. Mediocre play, mediocre teams, if we do make the playoffs, we get beat etc. Could be in 2 years could be in fifteen.

The point is we have historically good talent NOW. I do not want to see it squandered. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough considering the talent on this team. It isn't for the seahawks themselves, and it shouldn't be good enough for us either. Nobody remembers who came in third, and second is only remembered if they get blown out.

The Lombardi is the prize, keep your eye on it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johnnyfever":16pfgb84 said:
It is inevitable that we will eventually be back to the teams of old. Mediocre play, mediocre teams, if we do make the playoffs, we get beat etc. Could be in 2 years could be in fifteen.

The point is we have historically good talent NOW. I do not want to see it squandered. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough considering the talent on this team. It isn't for the seahawks themselves, and it shouldn't be good enough for us either. Nobody remembers who came in third, and second is only remembered if they get blown out.

The Lombardi is the prize, keep your eye on it.

You're right. That is why some in here are frustrated (and others so defensive about that frustration).
These Hawks, despite their record/standing, feel like they are underachieving. There is a lack of domination, focus, whatever.

We won't have this batch of talent for much longer.

It's time to WIN.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1w34vul5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1w34vul5 said:
semiahmoo":1w34vul5 said:

Compared to previous versions, it could be argued they do.

And certainly Wilson's stats at present don't measure favorably in most categories to his previous season - though he's been playing hurt - though that's part of why some fans are so irritable now. Pete said RW was as good as he's ever been, and yet two of the last three games by RW have been either bad - or horrible. (and one great one.)

The yin and yang tone of this team is a bit frustrating, though I'll be the first to admit, Seattle fans have been terribly spoiled the last five years.

If we make a run to close out the season, and then kick ass the first playoff game, all of this worry will be forgotten - until we lose again of course. :lol:
But you can't fairly make that comparison as the season hasn't played out yet.
Let me ask you a straightforward question -- Do you believe anything short of a Super Bowl championship is a failure of a season for the Hawks?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
While the OL is physically impressive but both very young and inexperienced, their potential plus having RW for the forseeable future lends good reason for a very decent future on offense.

We are two or three years from having to replace several superstars on defense but already have serious talent in the pipeline, many of them are already standouts on ST. Just like their predecessors were.

The facilities, the coaching, the long-term 'plan,' and most especially the hunger and grit attitude of this team bodes well for the future.

PC likes to relate a story about when he coached his first game as HC (for the Jets?) and lost the game but took away a valuable lesson when after standing alone on the field later he looked up and noticed all the Bills' Division Championship banners hanging in the stadium.

Largent80

Reaction score
Too much analysis. It's football which has momentum and intangibles involved.

The Hawks had another bad game. So just blow a gasket.

The players aren't.

The Rams asses are gonna get kicked. Book that, and then shut the hell up for a week.

Latest posts