We could have beat Green Bay at our House next week

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":bcsuqfxj said:
Belichick is probably the only guy with an answer for Rogers this season.

Not sure if it gets that far. I think Atlanta has real shot

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Man, now I feel even worse and think even more we could have beat Green Bay at our house.

GB had lot's of illness this week, many injuries and we were due for a break out game. Just
goes to show we have to win at every opportunity because one doesn't know what opportunities
lie ahead.

Falcons are good, we were better, we just played last week like GB is playing today ie. dropping passes, missed blocks, missed tackles etc. Those aren't your opponent out playing you, those are mental errors.

Guess it doesn't matter though. long off season ahead.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
We don't have the D-Coordinator capable of planning a good game to beat GB. We are 0-2 under Richard. Rodgers would've picked us apart and Russell would've been his terrible playoff self.

chris98251

Reaction score
MO Hawk":1m9x7hw3 said:
Man, now I feel even worse and think even more we could have beat Green Bay at our house.

GB had lot's of illness this week, many injuries and we were due for a break out game. Just
goes to show we have to win at every opportunity because one doesn't know what opportunities
lie ahead.

Falcons are good, we were better, we just played last week like GB is playing today ie. dropping passes, missed blocks, missed tackles etc. Those aren't your opponent out playing you, those are mental errors.

Guess it doesn't matter though. long off season ahead.

History says different, Atlanta beat us straight up, sure we had injuries, but the way we played against them we did not appear to be a better team that day.

Optimus25

Reaction score
sondevil89":201x3n12 said:
Aros":201x3n12 said:
Imagine Russ with Dallas' OL. It's almost comical the damage he would do. MVP much?

I said to someone earlier in the year that if we had Dallas'es O-Line they might as well just hand us the trophy now.

I really believe that.

As good as PC/JS had been, I'm afraid the O-Line fiasco is going to ruin their legacy.

Let it be duly noted that the Cowboys with our defense would be the much bigger preseason trophy awardee.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I disagree with some of the points here. We could have taken Green Bay. We lack so much faith in a team that has repeatedly been contenders. In fact, we put up a MUCH better fight against Atlanta than Green Bay did, and could have won that game if not for that botched punt and safety.

With our loss, I feel like we made key mistakes. With Green Bay's loss, I felt like they got their asses kicked from beginning to end. We were somewhat competitive :snack:

We're a top team in the NFL. Aside from the Patriots, and maybe the Falcons this year, what team can be said to be far and away better? We were Super Bowl contenders this year and we're gonna be next year. We have a great QB(who played better than Rodgers against the same team) and a solid defense. I do miss Quinn though, he's clearly the Super Bowl difference and a key reason for our success on defense. Richards needs to go

Especially in our house, I sincerely believe we could have beaten the Pack

Cyrus12

Reaction score
would have been close but any argument is really senseless since it didn't happen. At least we get the higher draft pick...but then again GB has a second round pick which we will not have....

seahawksny

Reaction score
Scorpion05":tn7y5rtk said:
I disagree with some of the points here. We could have taken Green Bay. We lack so much faith in a team that has repeatedly been contenders. In fact, we put up a MUCH better fight against Atlanta than Green Bay did, and could have won that game if not for that botched punt and safety.

With our loss, I feel like we made key mistakes. With Green Bay's loss, I felt like they got their asses kicked from beginning to end. We were somewhat competitive :snack:

We're a top team in the NFL. Aside from the Patriots, and maybe the Falcons this year, what team can be said to be far and away better? We were Super Bowl contenders this year and we're gonna be next year. We have a great QB(who played better than Rodgers against the same team) and a solid defense. I do miss Quinn though, he's clearly the Super Bowl difference and a key reason for our success on defense. Richards needs to go

If it really came down to two plays, then our game would have been closer. Both the pack and seattle got Butts handed to them.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
seahawksny":1ljmn97x said:
Scorpion05":1ljmn97x said:

If it really came down to two plays, then our game would have been closer. Both the pack and seattle got Butts handed to them.

I personally believe in momentum changing plays. That was a possible 10 point swing, if not more. I personally think the game goes on differently at that point and ends up much closer. Big difference being ahead by 10 points at halftime than being down 9 or more points at half time

sdog1981

Reaction score
Dom Capers owns Wilson and Bevell. Without the come from behind win in the NFC Championship game, the Seahawks would have lost the last three games they have played aginst the Packers. Wilson has thrown 10 interceptions over the last 3 games against Capers. So no the Packers beat the Seahawks and Wilson would have thrown 3 picks.

evergreen

Reaction score
Same thing happened in 2010. Like 2010 we could've played GB.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We have a pretty decent track record of owning the Packers in the playoffs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":4g52ffuc said:
Lol ... no way.

GB would have scored 30 plus, and the Packers defense is in Wilson's head.

Yup. Posted it in another thread as well, but historically Wilson hasn't had even one good game against the Packers.

You can't look at the ATL game and think we would've beat GB. It doesnt' work that way. It's a different team with different players.

Might as well say: "well, if we had ATL's OL and Julio Jones to go with Baldwin and Graham, we'd be in the SB !"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawks46":289n2pfv said:
FlyingGreg":289n2pfv said:
Lol ... no way.

GB would have scored 30 plus, and the Packers defense is in Wilson's head.

Yup. Posted it in another thread as well, but historically Wilson hasn't had even one good game against the Packers.

You can't look at the ATL game and think we would've beat GB. It doesnt' work that way. It's a different team with different players.

Might as well say: "well, if we had ATL's OL and Julio Jones to go with Baldwin and Graham, we'd be in the SB !"

He played well in the 2014 season opener against them (36-16 win on TNF). 19-28, 191 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs; 29 yds rushing.

But, other than that...Dom Capers has made Wilson his b*tch.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1p7l7qhi said:
Siouxhawk":1p7l7qhi said:
We have a pretty decent track record of owning the Packers in the playoffs.

"Owning"? We beat them once, on a miracle.

They have beat us twice in the playoffs previously.

That's what I was gonna say. I hope he was being sarcastic because our Hawks ONE win was at home and required just that...a miracle.

And to answer the OP...GB would have come into the Clink and STOMPED our Hawks even with their injury depleted team. But then again...playing Packers at home would have required the Hawks to BEAT Atlanta...and had they beat Atlanta they would have had to look a lot different on the field than what we saw. Had they tore up Atl for the win we'd probably be all singing a different tune. But they did not...