We may have hit the lottery with Rawls

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2kj6lato said:
Rawls is the man I thought Christine Michael would be so far
Rawls is the man, and player, I knew Christine Michael would never be.

Tical21

Reaction score
kearly":1l93ow0e said:
Tical21":1l93ow0e said:
At the very least, the play of Rawls this season figures to save us from spending a high draft pick or using other resources to find another back.

We'll see. We need a power back to compliment Rawls if Lynch moves on, and Freeman out of Oregon would fit our needs really really well.

Rawls is awesome but was anyone else cringing watching him get up slow like 4 times today? All that collision in a small body, and the guys he gets compared to were good but oft-injured backs. Gonna be some interesting decisions at RB this offseason.
I don't think Rawls is that small, same size as Marshawn I thought. This is the NFL and we'll need more than one back for sure, but I guess what I meant was that it isn't a desperate situation anymore. We've got a kid that we have to feel pretty good about going forward with, at least unless we find out at some point that he can't play. 24 hours ago, if I was the GM, I would have taken a RB with our first pick. I know the 9ers are a wounded animal, but I'm not doing that anymore.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls is about 215 to 220 at 5'9" I think, not a small guy just shorter in stature. Not so different from Sanders in size.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I see a lot of Maurice Jones-Drew in Rawls, not Marshawn Lynch.

But MJD in his prime was one special RB too.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2jmo20w2 said:
I see a lot of Maurice Jones-Drew in Rawls, not Marshawn Lynch.

But MJD in his prime was one special RB too.

I would take MJD 2.0 every sunday. Dood was a human bowling ball

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2q9u28tv said:
Rawls is about 215 to 220 at 5'9" I think, not a small guy just shorter in stature. Not so different from Sanders in size.

Barry? The guy was 5'8 200

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
I loved what was pointed out by Ronde Barber. How well he cuts and changes direction so quickly. A quicker change of direction than Lynch sometimes. If the o-line is finally developed and he can get to the 2nd level on a regular basis he will be a monster.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What Kearly said. We need a bruiser back also, and Rawls doesn't bring that. As it stands, Lynch and Rawls are almost a perfect complement to each other. Rawls receiving acumen was impressive. FJack has been our 3rd down guy, but Rawls looks like an excellent fit there also.

The Maurice Jones-Drew comparison seems on the mark too. Rawls is just unbelievably quick, cuts on a dime, and is powerful enough to fall forward on most plays. I might also call Rawls a slightly quicker Justin Forsett.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
PC is a downhill runner type of guy, I just don't see that from Rawls. I'll be very interested to see how PC adapts the offense to fit Rawls if Lynch is out or even for next year.

We really need to develop a change of pace back that can muster those 3rd and short situations, or maybe just a dominant o-line (ha).

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
olyfan63":37usvqeq said:
What Kearly said. We need a bruiser back also, and Rawls doesn't bring that. As it stands, Lynch and Rawls are almost a perfect complement to each other. Rawls receiving acumen was impressive. FJack has been our 3rd down guy, but Rawls looks like an excellent fit there also.

The Maurice Jones-Drew comparison seems on the mark too. Rawls is just unbelievably quick, cuts on a dime, and is powerful enough to fall forward on most plays. I might also call Rawls a slightly quicker Justin Forsett.

Frank Gore is who he reminded me of today. And not the Gore behind an elite Oline. Like pre 2010 Gore where he was all heart and pure scrapiness. Before he consistently had huge holes to expose.

Maulbert

Reaction score

Sac

Reaction score
Rawls doesn't need a complimentary back. He's an every down back himself. Maybe someone to fill the Turbo/breather role. But he can do everything. That's become apparent.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Chawker":20esrg5n said:
Judging Rawls on a single games performance isn't a true way to evaluate a player abilities, you have too look at it in the scope of a years performances. If you want to truely evaluate him. Today was outstanding though.
I get what you are saying but in 2 starts he has 160 yds and 209 yds. He also has 1 other 100 yard game plus he has shown a very good ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think that is enough to evaluate him. I think Marshawn is the best back on the team but I would be very surprised if he is brought back next year because of his contract. I am not down playing Lynch's play but with how Rawls has performed I think it will come down to simple economics.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Rawls is special but I think we are a long way before dubbing him as the official replacement of beast mode. Look at him like the brand new second vehicle you just purchased for yourself. You don't want to put too many miles on it too fast when you still have a very reliable daily driver that is more than capable of getting you through another winter or two.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
EarlyUnfitGlowworm.gif

ringless

Reaction score
kearly":3m2auflz said:
Tical21":3m2auflz said:
At the very least, the play of Rawls this season figures to save us from spending a high draft pick or using other resources to find another back.

We'll see. We need a power back to compliment Rawls if Lynch moves on, and Freeman out of Oregon would fit our needs really really well.

Rawls is awesome but was anyone else cringing watching him get up slow like 4 times today? All that collision in a small body, and the guys he gets compared to were good but oft-injured backs. Gonna be some interesting decisions at RB this offseason.

He might be short at 5'9" but that is like a bowling ball at 220! A lot of weight in a shorter frame.

Adrian Peterson 220
David Johnson 220
Lynch 215