Well except next week, I guess I'll be a Lions fan...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm so over watching a team completely incapable of making adjustments and being completely outsmarted by the new generation coaches. The current game requires far more then pure physical talent just see Justin Fields and Chicago today.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good thing is hopefully Geno keeps being regular Geno so we can dump him and Pete and get another owner that will reignite this franchise and be back where we belong very soon.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Good thing is hopefully Geno keeps being regular Geno so we can dump him and Pete and get another owner that will reignite this franchise and be back where we belong very soon.
MizzouHawkGal - To your point here

When I go to the Seahawk's Home site...
  • Click on "Team" in the blue section above
  • Click on "Management" in the black section above
  • In fact last season it even listed the name, Aaron Curry.
There seems to be a large lack of good knowledgeable football minds on that list.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Ah man, we all wear our emotions on our sleeves after a loss. It's the lifeblood of being a diehard. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

The homer in me is hoping week 1 was an anomaly. Because that 2nd half performance was one of the worst I've seen in a very long time. For all we know week 1 could be their worst performance of the year.

Obviously, the Seahawks are capable of playing better than that. I give credit to the Rams for taking advantage of the Seahawks bad play. Even Carroll on a podcast was saying he was "pissed off at himself" all week after that game and saying they were so raved up for the home opener that they forgot how to play fundamental football.

Either way, We're onto Carolina.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hoping, praying that second half in Week 1 turns out to be our worst performance of the season. Hopefully that was our "One game each season we had no business losing" game.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I think Seattle is probably a playoff team. Whether we get to and past the divisional round is another question entirely.

But this team, in the playoffs? Sure, count me in.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to tonight's game, almost as much as Monday night's. I wanna see the Lions put the beat down on Green Bay. I have HATED the Packers ever since "We want the ball and we're gonna score!", not to mention they have the worst unis of any team in professional sports. So I also do love the Lions (since Barry Sanders), and I think they're the better team.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal - To your point here

When I go to the Seahawk's Home site...
  • Click on "Team" in the blue section above
  • Click on "Management" in the black section above
  • In fact last season it even listed the name, Aaron Curry.
There seems to be a large lack of good knowledgeable football minds on that list.
Pete never played in the NFL. Neither did any of these guys:
  • Andy Reid
  • Sean McVay
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Belichick
  • Jimmy Johnson
  • Mike Shanahan
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Paul Brown
  • Don Coryell
One's coaching acumen is not limited by how good that person was as an athlete.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
  • Andy Reid
  • Sean McVay
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Belichick
  • Jimmy Johnson
  • Mike Shanahan
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Paul Brown
  • Don Coryell
"One's coaching acumen is not limited by how good that person was as an athlete."
My post never indicated that coaching was tied to being an athlete in anyway, sc85sis.

I only pointed out that this Microsoft managerial group has no real experience managing NFL teams.
Why are you trying to put words into my post that I did not write?

That's a false point that is not appreciated.

sc85sis

Reaction score
"One's coaching acumen is not limited by how good that person was as an athlete."
My post never indicated that coaching was tied to being an athlete in anyway, sc85sis.

I only pointed out that this Microsoft managerial group has no real experience managing NFL teams.
Why are you trying to put words into my post that I did not write?

That's a false point that is not appreciated.
Because you specifically called out Aaron Curry.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
  • Andy Reid
  • Sean McVay
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Belichick
  • Jimmy Johnson
  • Mike Shanahan
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Paul Brown
  • Don Coryell

Further, Mike Singletary was a truly great player and thoroughly deserves his spot in the Hall of Fame as a player. Not much of a coach, though.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Because you specifically called out Aaron Curry.
sc85sis,

Aaron Curry was the biggest 1st round draft bust this franchise ever had.
If you did not know that, then you have either not been a Hawk's fan for long, or MS doesn't let you out of their dungeon.

sc85sis

Reaction score
sc85sis,

Aaron Curry is the biggest 1st round draft bust this franchise ever had.

Have you been a fan of this team for more than an hour now?

Go screw up my Windows 10, that's your best game.
So you AREN’T just talking about “Microsoft managerial group” people then. My point stands. Athletic ability is not necessarily an indicator of coaching ability. And Aaron was an assistant LB coach, not management.

FYI, most of the managerial types have translatable skills to managing a major business enterprise, which is what the Hawks, and every other NFL team, happen to be. You could argue that Jody doesn’t have a lot of NFL experience, but considering how she’s letting John and Pete run the team and the renewed draft success in the last couple of years, I’m not too concerned at the moment.

The Vice Chair has over 20 years experience with the Hawks.

The Team President has been with the org for over 30 years.

GM John Schneider has over 20 years experience with the Hawks, Commanders, Chiefs and Packers.

Pete has been in coaching since the early ‘70s and serves as Exec VP of Football Operations.

The Seahawks are widely considered one of the best organizations in the NFL, so your issue with the supposed lack of NFL experience just seems odd to me.

Edit to add: You seem to have the mistaken impression I’m a MS employee. I’m not and never have been.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
What does any of that have to do with any of our secondary fanship of the Lions and desire to see them beat the Packers in their own house tonight?

I know a great many Seahawks are usually rooting for the Lions whenever it doesn't affect us or of course if it helps us.