Well except next week, I guess I'll be a Lions fan...

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
So you AREN’T just talking about “Microsoft managerial group” people then. My point stands. Athletic ability is not necessarily an indicator of coaching ability. And Aaron was an assistant LB coach, not management.

FYI, most of the managerial types have translatable skills to managing a major business enterprise, which is what the Hawks, and every other NFL team, happen to be. You could argue that Jody doesn’t have a lot of NFL experience, but considering how she’s letting John and Pete run the team and the renewed draft success in the last couple of years, I’m not too concerned at the moment.

The Vice Chair has over 20 years experience with the Hawks.

The Team President has been with the org for over 30 years.

GM John Schneider has over 20 years experience with the Hawks, Commanders, Chiefs and Packers.

Pete has been in coaching since the early ‘70s and serves as Exec VP of Football Operations.

The Seahawks are widely considered one of the best organizations in the NFL, so your issue with the supposed lack of NFL experience just seems odd to me.

Edit to add: You seem to have the mistaken impression I’m a MS employee. I’m not and never have been.

So you AREN’T just talking about “Microsoft managerial group” people then. My point stands. Athletic ability is not necessarily an indicator of coaching ability. And Aaron was an assistant LB coach, not management.

FYI, most of the managerial types have translatable skills to managing a major business enterprise, which is what the Hawks, and every other NFL team, happen to be. You could argue that Jody doesn’t have a lot of NFL experience, but considering how she’s letting John and Pete run the team and the renewed draft success in the last couple of years, I’m not too concerned at the moment.

The Vice Chair has over 20 years experience with the Hawks.

The Team President has been with the org for over 30 years.

GM John Schneider has over 20 years experience with the Hawks, Commanders, Chiefs and Packers.

Pete has been in coaching since the early ‘70s and serves as Exec VP of Football Operations.

The Seahawks are widely considered one of the best organizations in the NFL, so your issue with the supposed lack of NFL experience just seems odd to me.

Edit to add: You seem to have the mistaken impression I’m a MS employee. I’m not and never have been.
MS didn't want you either?
Got it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
What does any of that have to do with any of our secondary fanship of the Lions and desire to see them beat the Packers in their own house tonight?

I know a great many Seahawks are usually rooting for the Lions whenever it doesn't affect us or of course if it helps us.
I root for Detroit when it doesn't affect Seattle. There my not so"secret" team.

And yeah !!! What does that have to do with the price of hashish in China ?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Oh, now you’re devolving into trying to insult me. Weak sauce. Hope it made you feel better.

Have a nice evening. Go Hawks!
Nice CYA move on your part!
Maybe one of these days you decide to be respectful & congenial to others.

Too bold?
Age will teach ya!

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Yep, rooting for the Lions every week until/unless we face them in the playoffs. They're just becoming such a fun team to watch and easy to root for.

I said it last night and I'll say it again: It was so amazing and refreshing to see the aggressiveness of the Lions going for it on 4th down in the final 2 minutes just to avoid Green Bay getting a miracle touchdown in garbage time. I was smiling so big seeing that, to close out the game their way and not taking their foot off the pedal.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I root for Detroit when it doesn't affect Seattle. There my not so"secret" team.

And yeah !!! What does that have to do with the price of hashish in China ?
Tampa Bay is the sister team to the Hawks. To my recollection, they both entered the league in the same year.

I'd pick Detroit over Tampa as well. As a Husky fan, I hated Florida teams back in the 1980's.

Call it my civic duty!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Tampa Bay is the sister team to the Hawks. To my recollection, they both entered the league in the same year.

I'd pick Detroit over Tampa as well. As a Husky fan, I hated Florida teams back in the 1980's.

Call it my civic duty!
I'm cursed as I've always liked WSU.