Well that was flipping ugly as hell lol

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
They lost Lucas and Cross... the starting RT and LT... kind of KEY pieces of your Oline.
Completely agree it did remind me of a recent Superbowl where the Chiefs lost their 2 starting OTs and their OL became a turnstile I think it was 2021 against Tampa

OT especially the blind side is the most important position on the OL

GemCity

Reaction score
There’s need to worry….

First game, that’s what we said last year, blah blah blah.

We just got smoked by a divisional rival, at home, and the defense with this soft zone smack is absolutely horrible and makes you wonder why we go there year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

I’m not saying tank….but there’s definitely need for concern.

cymatica

Reaction score
Are you honestly defending 3 yards of offense in an entire half of a professional football game because two starting lineman went out? Really?
Is that what they had in the 2nd half? 3 yards? Holy $#@&. That's on the coaches for not adjusting and having a piss poor game plan in the first place. Disgusting

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It got to the point in the 2nd half when they were getting TFL on run plays on first and second down I didn't even get excited cause I figured the inevitable 3rd down completion in the middle was coming. I know it's more completed than "C'mon cover Nacua" but how do you let the same guy, same concept beat you over and over?

far north

Reaction score
Usually in the NFL when someone takes a penalty they run off the field for a play.Metkalfe did not.

hawks85

Reaction score
These guys are supposed to be pros. Geno flat missed Bobo streaking down in the middle of the field on one play. Ken Walker was running the ball well. Should have kept giving him the ball instead of throwing 40 yard bombs on 3 and 4. That was a pivotal turning point of the game. They were down only 17-13 at that point I believe. They had 12 yards of offense in the second half. That is unacceptable.
I agree with everything on this. Maybe Smith isn't the answer after all. I said it last year. There is now a lot of tape on Smith and teams can now really focus on Shutting Smith down. A good QB can carry a team with a bad defense MOST of the time. Today Geno looked liked Geno. I don't think Geno even had a 100 yards total passing.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
On a positive note J. Carter had 6 pressures and a sack today!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to seeing how Geno might progress, and instead he looked like a career backup. No fire, no magic, only a couple shots downfield, somehow didn't see a wide open Bobo on the trick play for a touchdown. Really disappointing. D looked a bit better against the run, but no pass rush, no sacks. Overall, it was one of the worst Hawks games I can ever remember. Hot garbage.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Are you honestly defending 3 yards of offense in an entire half of a professional football game because two starting lineman went out? Really?
Yes...that's part of it. dropped passes by JSN on 3rd down. Curhan was not good in pass protection nor the run blocking gave up 1 sacks and a pressure on 3rd down that made geno throw the ball into the turf but also I was not in love with the play calling in the second half. But mostly I think almost everybody looked past the Rams. The Rams O line played really well pass protecting and Stafford was lights out. The Hawks just got beat in that second half. Let's see how the Hawks respond to the loss...

LTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
How and why? A professional football team fielding their practice squad should be able to amass more than that. Lol.
Lol look above your post.. not sure how that happened

James in PA

Reaction score
On a positive note J. Carter had 6 pressures and a sack today!
We build from the outside in. It's pure genius I tell ya! I can't imagine why nobody else does it this way! Who needs run stuffers and pass rushers? So overrated. All that our great cornerbacks need to do is hang with their guy for 11 seconds.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
We are a TERRIBLY coached TEAM. All of the superstar, superhuman stud athletes in the world cant overcome poor play design and lack of scheming for your opponents. Our defense would get their assholes blown out by most of the top college programs. And nothing anyone can tell me excuses 3 yards of offense in a half. That doesn't even really make any ******* sense.