Wenhawk's Draft Grade

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1juo7tva said:
Ok I am thinking we need a new thread. Not sure where it belongs but everyone gets to make a pick at the spot where Seattle selected. You get to pick someone left on the board at this time. You cannot trade up (sorry but you could elect not to trade down

Starting this thread. Put all the expert opinions there and then we look at it at the end of the year and again a year later. Any interest?

I'd still pick McDowell. If we picked at #15 I still would have taken McDowell but Marlon Humphrey, Jonathan Allen, and Adore Jackson would have been tempting.

I do wonder if Bolles was there at #26 if they would have pulled the trigger on him. Then could have gone with Chris Wormley DT in the 2nd.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Thanks for your take Wenhawk. I enjoyed it and quality post. I was so enamored with Foster that I was bummed after day one and passing in Lamp had my head spinning on day two. Now that the dust has settled and I am more in a rational state of thought as opposed to an emotional one (thanks to post like these and Rob's draftblog), I am entering the I'm pumped to see what these guys bring stage.

Rocket

Reaction score
There are no expert opinions on the draft from sports writers, bloggers, draft "guru's", etc.

There are 32 GM's and 32 coaches who are the experts. None of those are posting here.

Schadie001

Reaction score
chet380":p01fv8c3 said:
Wenhawk":p01fv8c3 said:
3 - Shaquill Griffin CB: B-
Checks all the measurable boxes. Has a unique story, will be a great teammate and has a knack for big plays. I would have like to get Jourdan Lewis over Shaq but I understand they concerns around Lewis. He will be taking a big step up in competition at the pro level and it will be interesting to see how quickly he can build his strength and learn Seattle’s kick step. Passionate player who will inject some fun back into our defense.

3 - Delano Hill S: C+
With all the talent comping out of Michigan’s defense who really makes their D tick? I am hoping that Hill was just overlooked but I am quite surprised we reached for him in the 3rd round. I think I need to watch a few of the big games Michigan played to see who was making the big plays at big times. I hope I am surprised by him but I don’t’ think he beats out McDougal this season. He should be an impact ST player though.

3 - Nazair Jones DT: B
A big nasty that will help clog the middle. I think he is our replacement for Tony McDaniel and from the film he does look to hold up well in the run game. Our DT rotation is going to be the best it has been since I can remember.

3 - Amara Darboh WR: B+
What’s not to like about his size, speed, explosiveness, back story, and game film. I think Darboh pushes Kearse off the team by mid-season.

[.
Please go to the nfl.com Draft Tracker and the link for each of these players will give you "strengths", "weaknesses" and "outlook" -- I think you will find that the weaknesses outlined will disqualify any of these guys as a starter -- I believe that 3 of the 4 will not make it past training camp.

I would have loved to see what the nfl.com draft tracker had to say about Wright, Sherman, Chancellor, or Wilson. Hell ADB didn't even get drafted, neither did Bennett. The draft "analysts" tend to be wrong more than they are right.

mikeak

Reaction score
Schadie001":1hg1e3jh said:
I would have loved to see what the nfl.com draft tracker had to say about Wright, Sherman, Chancellor, or Wilson. Hell ADB didn't even get drafted, neither did Bennett. The draft "analysts" tend to be wrong more than they are right.

I have been reading about our fantastic 2011 and 2012 picks for weeks now when will the statue of limitations apply for evaluating the FO based on those drafts????

I know nobody will read this second part but I do love the FO and most of what the Seahawks have done but to blindly just continue to look at these years and outliers in the drafts does not give you the whole picture. Experts will be right on some and wrong on others JUST LIKE THE 32 GMs!

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":3gilitx5 said:
Schadie001":3gilitx5 said:

I have been reading about our fantastic 2011 and 2012 picks for weeks now when will the statue of limitations apply for evaluating the FO based on those drafts????

I know nobody will read this second part but I do love the FO and most of what the Seahawks have done but to blindly just continue to look at these years and outliers in the drafts does not give you the whole picture. Experts will be right on some and wrong on others JUST LIKE THE 32 GMs!

There are and were a lot of professionals GM'S scouts and personal guys fired in the last week or so also for their track records.)

mikeak

Reaction score
^ yes which is really interesting. Were they fired because of this draft? If they were fired because of prior drafts and performance then WHY would anyone want to let them go through one more draft?

I get not firing them during the weeks leading up but get rid of them right after the season. It is really strange letting them spend this years worth of draft picks then get rid of them, get a new GM in there. Is that to give the new GM a year of "can't blame it on him" and then start after the next draft? Very confusing

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1qtzvpgq said:
Wenhawk":1qtzvpgq said:
Chet380, please find another place to post. Seahawks.net needs less contributors like you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're going to get crap for "discouraging" conversation, but the group of annoying critics are just throwing the same crap out in every thread and not backing it up with any intelligent thought.

I'm with you, Wen.

I got banned for a week for that post by a Mod. Hilarious in hindsight. I was right then "beside the Malik McDowell" and am glad we are not banning people for this ticky tack stuff any more.

Too nostalgic at the moment. Maybe I should be talking about how much I hated the Mack Strong 3rd and 9 draw plays or how Willie Williams was too short.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Malik McDowell could have been a great player with Pete motivating him. But an ATV accident derailed any chance of that. I'm sure there would have been times when he disappointed, but there also would have been times when he wrecked the Offensive Line too. Just like at Michigan State.

Malik imho, was a Quinton Coples clone, down to "protecting himself" in his final college season. But I also believe he had more talent and more drive than Coples, but the kid is an alcoholic. If he could have gotten sober, he would have been well worth the risk.

I'm disappointed you got banned for that post, as i never thought any mod could be so petty. Maybe they thought you had repeat offenses? I don't ever remember you being a problem poster, and i would like to think that i would have supported the post you made, as i make similar posts myself.

Anyway, love these "historical" posts being brought back to life. As long as they aren't any of the many "bloviating blunders" of mine.