What 1 player do you not want in the draft

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this point I too genuinely hope the team doesn't pick a G @ 32.

After that players I don't believe are worth their draft ranking are: Yankey, Su'a Filo, Bitonio, Amaro, WR- Matthews, and Dee Ford. Don't want any of them as I think they are overrated.

The FO has a plan and we'll get what they pick but the player they'll pick will be picked for a reason and vision of how the player will fit going forward. so far they have done an exceptionally good job so it's hard to second guess their decisions which haven't been perfect but seriously have not been that bad.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28imq4ph said:
Agree to disagree on the other Huskies you named.. I'm not a big fan of ASJ.. maybe I have Jerramy Stevans PTSD but anyway.. wanted to comment on Sankey.

I would be shocked if he were drafted by us, but if they drafted Sankey and moved Turbin for that 7th round pick they gave up for Pryor.. I'd be so pumped. Of course.. all that is a major stretch.

You should be a fan of Parker, he's a damn good player from a similar defensive system, will be dirt cheap, and fits a need. Smith is a pet favorite of mine, I think he's a good player but probably isn't fast enough for Seattle.

I won't bother making the case for ASJ for two reasons. The first is that I'd be wasting my time, most likely. The second is that I'm not sure he fits Seattle's criteria. Seattle relies on TE pass pro a ton and that's ASJ's biggest issue by a mile. (Personally, I do think he will likely be a star in this league though with his natural receiving ability and size, he'll be a 2nd round gem for some lucky GM. He is actually a lot like Stevens in some ways, in all the good ways and almost none of the bad.)

I doubt we'd get anything for Turbin at this point and I don't see Sankey as a fit, but I wouldn't mind being wrong one bit. I think Sankey is a better version of Giovanni Bernard, and Bernard would have been a rookie star if his coach had given him the reps he deserved.

McGruff

Reaction score
I remember being impressed by the physicality of the Huskies CB's every time I saw them, Parker in particular. I think he'd be a great fit for this team.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":2ot610qs said:
Hasselbeck":2ot610qs said:
Agree to disagree on the other Huskies you named.. I'm not a big fan of ASJ.. maybe I have Jerramy Stevans PTSD but anyway.. wanted to comment on Sankey.

I would be shocked if he were drafted by us, but if they drafted Sankey and moved Turbin for that 7th round pick they gave up for Pryor.. I'd be so pumped. Of course.. all that is a major stretch.

You should be a fan of Parker, he's a damn good player from a similar defensive system, will be dirt cheap, and fits a need. Smith is a pet favorite of mine, I think he's a good player but probably isn't fast enough for Seattle.

I won't bother making the case for ASJ for two reasons. The first is that I'd be wasting my time, most likely. The second is that I'm not sure he fits Seattle's criteria. Seattle relies on TE pass pro a ton and that's ASJ's biggest issue by a mile. (Personally, I do think he will likely be a star in this league though with his natural receiving ability and size, he'll be a 2nd round gem for some lucky GM. He is actually a lot like Stevens in some ways, in all the good ways and almost none of the bad.)

Awesome post. Including the (on-field) comparison of ASJ and JS. And that's nothing but good. Stevens has become the butt of bad jokes, but it sure wasn't his skill set that let him / us down.

I think I just read ASJ ran a 4.5 the other day. At 6' 7", 265, a 4.5? FREAK. I have no idea why some (here) are so down on the kid (Dawg bias?). Moot point anyway, he won't be there at 32.

DJrmb

Reaction score
HawkWow":xtyb7g6e said:
kearly":xtyb7g6e said:
Hasselbeck":xtyb7g6e said:

Awesome post. Including the (on-field) comparison of ASJ and JS. And that's nothing but good. Stevens has become the butt of bad jokes, but it sure wasn't his skill set that let him / us down.

I think I just read ASJ ran a 4.5 the other day. At 6' 7", 265, a 4.5? FREAK. I have no idea why some (here) are so down on the kid (Dawg bias?). Moot point anyway, he won't be there at 32.

I have to agree with you two on ASJ. I don't get a lot of the hate for him on these boards. I guess people are only looking at last year when he was injured? The year before he showed flashes of brilliance and showed the ability to completely take over some games/situations. Last year he was 1. playing hurt, 2. having to stay in to block a ton because the O-line was terrible again, 3. Not being used well as Sarkisian's new offense did not fit him at all, and 4. he was suspended for a lot of the pre-season which hurt him in learn the new offense Sark put in...

ASJ is a bit raw, but if he goes to a team with a good coaching staff (like the Seahawks) that can coach players up I seriously could see him becoming a star in the NFL.

I don't think he plays quite as fast as Jimmy Graham but it's worth noting that he put up the exact same 40 time! (@ 11 Lbs. heavier than Graham to boot)

Jimmy Graham - 4.56 40-yard dash http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jimmy-graham?id=497236

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - 4.56 40-yard dash http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9400/austin-seferian-jenkins

He has all the physical tools to be an elite level pass catching TE in the NFL and with good coaching he has the ability to be a very very good Complete TE too.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":r23o6821 said:
Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado.....need I say more?

Bummer for you, I can admit i kinda just looked at his weight read a few write ups and watch half a youtube highlight and I devalued him cause he wasn't the prototype 6'3 like I wanted and hasn't been mentioned much in mainstream.

After watching two full highlight videos it's easy to see how he fits in seattle. The kid is a playmaker, really is so much like Desean Jackson but I think he might be a little better at routes and separation. Of all the WR's I watched Watkins, Beckham, and Richardson probably get the best separation with their quick twitch moves. Richardson got DB's to turn hips very easily. I was and still am high on Moncrief but watching him right after Richardson it is obvious that Richardson has elite quickness and his top end speed if will be scary for nfl teams.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
For me it would have been Johnny Football, but thankfully there was a snowball's chance in the pit of Hades that would have happened. Whew.

I disagree with the above comments on Brandon Coleman. He's the guy I really hope we take with one of our 4th round picks. A lot of upside, and I have the faith that PC/JS can maximize that into a stellar player, or at the very worst, cut him loose and move on with little lost in the process.

Latest posts