Do you want to draft a QB in 1st?

Do you want Seahawks to draft QB in 1st round?

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Do you want the Seahawks to draft a QB with their 1st round pick this year? Or would you rather that pick be used elsewhere?

flv2

Reaction score
BPA at a high value/cost position. No C, G, TE, ILB, and maybe not RB either. Has to be QB, WR, LT, DL, CB or S at a push. Again it has to be has to be an above average or better starter for 3+ years, (if not QB).

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’m good with Penix or a QB, but only if Pete is gone. Why would you draft a QB, then change head coaches the next year? If it’s QB, you have to give him a real chance at success. Teams that don’t tend to live in the dumpster.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are several teams that need a QB that will be picking before us. Hawks could also consider BO and 3.

sutz

Reaction score
Voted "No" but it's conditional. Looking like we'll draft in the teens (not counting on foreign help this Sunday :() so IF someone like Penix drops for some reason go for it, but I don't want to trade up because without a 2d this year we'll be picking light this draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd like Penix.. in the 2nd or 3rd round.. he worries me with his injuries and it's hard to see a sample of his play with a ton of pressure since he hasn't had to face that much...
That was 3 years ago. No way in hell he gets past the 1st round. Nor should he. Best QB in College football.
Hasn't faced much pressure? What? He was won 21 straight games. He is 10-0 vs. Ranked teams. He has knocked off Oregon 3 times in a row. He is playing in the National Championship. He also has a very quick release. He is NAILS under pressure. I'm surprised how many people still don't get how special that kid is.
Shoot, even my Whoregon friends talk about how damn good he is. Feel free to blitz him, see what happens.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
That was 3 years ago. No way in hell he gets past the 1st round. Nor should he. Best QB in College football.
Hasn't faced much pressure? What? He was won 21 straight games. He is 10-0 vs. Ranked teams. He has knocked off Oregon 3 times in a row. He is playing in the National Championship. He also has a very quick release. He is NAILS under pressure. I'm surprised how many people still don't get how special that kid is.
Shoot, even my Whoregon friends talk about how damn good he is. Feel free to blitz him, see what happens.
This.

If you have to give up future picks to grab a guy, then so be it.

The chiefs gave up a future 1st to grab Mahomes. Do they regret that move? Absolutely not. If you identify a guy, then go get him.

If you're picking 15th/16th in this draft, and there are a bunch of teams in front of you who potentially need a QB, then move up. Maybe it would cost a 1st or a 2nd to do it. But it's totally worth it. If you've found your QB for the next decade or more.

Last edited:

Geologic

Reaction score
I don't think we get a high enough draft pick to get a top 3 qb in the draft. Penix can fall to us but I'm afraid he'll get injured with our o-line. UW had one of the best o-lines in college this year and it gave him a lot of time to throw those deep passes.

CactusJack

Reaction score
People are forgetting that sacks are also a QB stat. The reason Penix doesn't get sacked very often is because he gets rid of the ball & has a great feel within the pocket. He senses where pressure is coming from. Which is a trait that the good ones tend to have.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the draft boards so I don't really know many of the names coming out

Thar being said, and even though I voted yes, I would love this team to draft a game changing safety or linebacker, if they don't go with a QB. They need an alpha dawg on that D man. Are there any Kams or Earls or young Bobby's in this draft?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll trust John Schneider on this one. He's the one that drafted Russell Wilson when everyone else had him as a 3rd day pick and was all over Mahomes and Allen when they were virtual nobodies.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the draft boards so I don't really know many of the names coming out

Thar being said, and even though I voted yes, I would love this team to draft a game changing safety or linebacker, if they don't go with a QB. They need an alpha dawg on that D man. Are there any Kams or Earls or young Bobby's in this draft?
Laiatu Latu & Jared Verse are the two guys on my radar. Both edges.

Latu will likely end up being a top 10 pick. Those two & Penix would be at the top of my Wishlist.

It's also a strong WR class. If Odunze or Nabers somehow fall...

I'm also good with them prioritizing the offensive line.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
We need D, D and D. If this draft isn’t 90% defensie, than Pete doesn’t really care about fixing anything. But if the right qb is there at 15, he take him. Would hate to be one of the teams who passed on Mahomes.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Why? so we can complain the new QB is also under pressure. The trenches have been a problem for this team for a long time on both sides of the ball, the priority needs to shift there IMO.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Yes, a QB in the first round.
No trade down, no costly trade up.
NO dicking around...

Michael Penix
Bo Nix
Jayden Daniel's

Even Williams or Maye if they fall.
Everyone, hold your hands flat on the war room table until the pick is made and I will keep control of the hammer until we are off the clock and put it safely away.
Images 2Images 1