Do you want to draft a QB in 1st?

Do you want Seahawks to draft QB in 1st round?

• Total voters

GemCity

Reaction score
Looking at the early mock drafts, Nix is late first or second round.

I have high priority on a run stopper defensive lineman. That Michigan guy Grant at 340 is a beast. Just pancaked the guard and sacked Penix.
I know I sound negative but, I just don’t see us getting a QB. Not at this juncture in PCs tenure (and to my dismay, he’s likely coming back).

If you take a good honest look at this team, you may come to the conclusion that Geno likely can’t take you far. I’m not sure that’s entirely true. It definitely doesn’t feel like he’s our franchise guy.

But getting obliterated on the ground, game after game, season after season, lets you know where the priorities should be.

If we drafted nothing but Defense…I wouldn’t complain.

This team is years and years away from being a threat. Build from the trenches and go from there.

vonstout

Reaction score
DT Newton from Illinois to pair with Spoon from Illinois might be a good pairing. Michigan ILB Junior Colston looks like a fit for us if he makes it to the third round.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I know I sound negative but, I just don’t see us getting a QB. Not at this juncture in PCs tenure (and to my dismay, he’s likely coming back).

If you take a good honest look at this team, you may come to the conclusion that Geno likely can’t take you far. I’m not sure that’s entirely true. It definitely doesn’t feel like he’s our franchise guy.

But getting obliterated on the ground, game after game, season after season, lets you know where the priorities should be.

If we drafted nothing but Defense…I wouldn’t complain.

This team is years and years away from being a threat. Build from the trenches and go from there.
I want defensive line in first round. With that plus new DC, the defense might be respectable. We can roll with Geno another year, but do need to look for decent prospects like Nix as replacement. His contract expires after 2025.
This is a young team. They will develop.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
DT Newton from Illinois to pair with Spoon from Illinois might be a good pairing. Michigan ILB Junior Colston looks like a fit for us if he makes it to the third round.
Just seen the Michigan DT/NT put some work on UW. He might be a good pick when he is eligible. Damn, UW lost! Smh.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
That was 3 years ago. No way in hell he gets past the 1st round. Nor should he. Best QB in College football.
Hasn't faced much pressure? What? He was won 21 straight games. He is 10-0 vs. Ranked teams. He has knocked off Oregon 3 times in a row. He is playing in the National Championship. He also has a very quick release. He is NAILS under pressure. I'm surprised how many people still don't get how special that kid is.
Shoot, even my Whoregon friends talk about how damn good he is. Feel free to blitz him, see what happens.
Yeah, maybe your right.. IDK.. didn't look very good today though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm still technically in the "Other" category, but the answer is now "No" unless they have a shot at Williams, Maye, or Daniels that doesn't cost 3 firsts to obtain.

And they won't.

Geno it is, more than likely. He was 2nd in the league in EPA/play after week 13 and was lights out in terms of navigating unclean pockets and giving the team a chance regardless. Clean up the defense with a new staff, fix the goddamn rushing offense, and we've got a team with a chance to make some noise. I don't love Geno's impending cap hit, but he's still like 16th in terms of QB pay, so I can swallow it if we make a real effort to fix the issues around him.

Geno isn't perfect, but he's enough to win more than 50% of our games if we clean up the more egregious failures on this team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we can get Penix in the 2nd, and I think his issue can be fixed.
He had a bad game because he got overwhelmed. But he also has shown up in big games.
I wouldn't be against taking him in the 2nd if he is there.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I kept thinking about that Hall pick this season….

Like a second rounder should be able to see the the field….

Hopefully, Hall, turns into a Mafe, since it took Mafe over a year to come into his own…but, if I’m drafting a player, I hope my second rounder makes an immediate impact cause I don’t have time to wait if I drafted him that high. I need production immediately. Early second rounder too!!
If Bobby goes elsewhere you will all of a sudden see a lot of Hall. He played pretty well when he got the chance this year, as a rookie.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He had a bad game because he got overwhelmed. But he also has shown up in big games.
I'm in the third with him, at this point. It isn't just tonight. He's got bad footwork that needs time to be reinvented. There's just so much to question.

You've gotta get past his medical red flags, get him into an organization that expects nothing instantly, have that staff be capable of rebuilding his mechanics, and then hope he can develop from there with new footwork and other new mechanics, and THEN hope he can develop the requisite pocket navigation skills in real action.

There's just so much that has to go right to even begin scratching the surface of the potential his crazy arm has.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It was pretty difficult really, no run game.. they just put their ears back and rushed him without any worries of the run game. I think that really hurt the Huskies.

Hotchy

Reaction score
I wanted a QB until watching our defense get embarrassed and pushed around. While Geno isn't the answer, he's not the most pressing need. I think where we're picking is also reach territory for a QB. I hope that Johnny Newton is there

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm in the third with him, at this point. It isn't just tonight. He's got bad footwork that needs time to be reinvented. There's just so much to question.

You've gotta get past his medical red flags, get him into an organization that expects nothing instantly, have that staff be capable of rebuilding his mechanics, and then hope he can develop from there with new footwork and other new mechanics, and THEN hope he can develop the requisite pocket navigation skills in real action.

There's just so much that has to go right to even begin scratching the surface of the potential his crazy arm has.
that throw of his.. is nuts.. just occured to me that it reminds me of those things people fling tennis balls to their dogs with.

GemCity

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, when he got hit, I cringed.

Considering what he’s gone through.,,he looks like he gets hurt every defensive touch. Flip side—he’s got a cannon.

Pockets aren’t that clean in the NFL..

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If we had a qb capable of scoring more than 1 td per game, we wouldn't need our defense to constantly bail us out. It's OK to beat a team by more than one score. Really.
Defense bail us out?
The defense is the biggest liability that this team has.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Do you want the Seahawks to draft a QB with their 1st round pick this year? Or would you rather that pick be used elsewhere?
Depends:

We have the 16th pick in the First.

If it's the perceived right fit then yes.

I rarely trust first round QB picks to pan out well....it's so complex. But this doesn't mean I think we wait until the 3rd round or next year, necessarily.

Dodgy answer.....:)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, when he got hit, I cringed.

Considering what he’s gone through.,,he looks like he gets hurt every defensive touch. Flip side—he’s got a cannon.

Pockets aren’t that clean in the NFL..
I tend to disagree with many in here. I think Penix pocket manipulation is really good but the injury concerns are very valid. I would be shocked if someone with his arm talent goes in the third but you never know what they will find when they prod him at the combine and some medical stuff could easily drop him that far.

themunn

Reaction score
I kept thinking about that Hall pick this season….

Like a second rounder should be able to see the the field….

Hopefully, Hall, turns into a Mafe, since it took Mafe over a year to come into his own…but, if I’m drafting a player, I hope my second rounder makes an immediate impact cause I don’t have time to wait if I drafted him that high. I need production immediately. Early second rounder too!!

Everything I read before this season about Hall was high motor but raw and will get beat often early in his career, so I never really expected him to make a mark this year. If he can have a Mafe like 2md year jump then we are in great shape.

But I think LBer is our biggest need going into the draft. Or at least a tackling coaching masterclass for everyone on the roster