Do you want to draft a QB in 1st?

Do you want Seahawks to draft QB in 1st round?

• Total voters

12forlife

Reaction score
Draft OL, DL and LB. Geno and/or Drew will be fine if we can get an Oline that can both run block and pass block. A good run game will open up the passing game. The offense needs to be more balanced. And then there's the D. It's obvious where the holes are. QB isn't high on my priority list. Certainly not high enough to give up picks to move up.
Seriously? Look at it this way. Rank the QB's in the NFG West. In my opinion is
1 Stafford
2 Purdy
3 Murray
4 Smith
How and the hell is that good enough for you people? As a Hawks fan I want the playoffs every year, with potential SB runs not out of the question. How do you expect success with the worst QB in your own division? We need an upgrade people, and if that means moving up in rd 1, then so be it. We atleast have to take a shot on a guy to show whe are trying to improve. They really wet the bed not grooming a young QB behind Russ.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
1 Stafford
2 Purdy
3 Murray
4 Smith
How and the hell is that good enough for you people? As a Hawks fan I want the playoffs every year, with potential SB runs not out of the question. How do you expect success with the worst QB in your own division? We need an upgrade people, and if that means moving up in rd 1, then so be it. We atleast have to take a shot on a guy to show whe are trying to improve. They really wet the bed not grooming a young QB behind Russ.
Cause if we draft a QB and put that QB behind everything in this current regime and program, they’re going to get damaged long-term.

I’m fine with drafting a QB and let them sit behind Geno and possibly a rebuilt everything (including head coach/offensive line) and then play them a year or two after they learned enough so they don’t get absolutely wrecked….

WarHawks

Reaction score
Cause if we draft a QB and put that QB behind everything in this current regime and program, they’re going to get damaged long-term.

I’m fine with drafting a QB and let them sit behind Geno and possibly a rebuilt everything (including head coach/offensive line) and then play them a year or two after they learned enough so they don’t get absolutely wrecked….
I don't think anyone would have an issue with sitting a new qb for a year behind Geno, Lock, or some other vet, as long as we knew there was a light at the end of the decade long tunnel.

CactusJack

Reaction score
This team has a lot of issues. Drafting the next Josh Allen would be great. But he's not going to be available to us. This team still has a depth/talent problem upfront on both sides of the ball.

If the right guy falls to you (QB), great. But the roster still needs a serious infusion of talent along the OL, DL & LB.

Bobby is a legend. But he's going to be 34. Has slowed down. Isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago.

Slow LB's= Slow Defense, that will struggle to consistently get off the field.

The IOL remains a weakness. Fortify the line through free agency & the draft. The offensive output will improve (Run/Pass).

Why does this team struggle on 3rd down? Because they struggle to run the ball on early downs. Drafting an OT/G early should be a high priority. Having to rely on a 41-year-old Jason Peters as a swing tackle, isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
1 Stafford
2 Purdy
3 Murray
4 Smith
Everyone knows that you build the trenches first then worry about the rest. Everyone except Pete. No QB is going to come in here with this Oline and do any better than Geno or Drew. No QB is going to come in here and stop teams from rushing for 150+yds/game.

WarHawks

Reaction score
^No one knows that. We routinely saw Russ put up big numbers while scrambling for his life. A better, more athletic, faster, and more improvisational qb will score more than 1 td per game. That should put us back in the playoffs.

12forlife

Reaction score
Everyone knows that you build the trenches first then worry about the rest. Everyone except Pete. No QB is going to come in here with this Oline and do any better than Geno or Drew. No QB is going to come in here and stop teams from rushing for 150+yds/game.
I dont necessary agree with this. While I do agree the Oline needs to get fixed. I wonder if they try and draft a OT and bump Lucas inside? As for the QB I guess your right, the right rookie QB is not capable of running a team better then an average vet? CJ Stroud anyone?? Granted Lockett is digressing, but we still have good/great skill players? I think a guy like JJ McCarthy could distribute the ball, and maintain the drives with his athleticism and play making skills.

vonstout

Reaction score
Penix will be gone before the Seahawks draft. Nix has plenty of arm strengh. That is where we disagree. I think I would hope to get Nix in second round, and draft BPA defensive lineman in the first round.
We don’t have a second rounder

GemCity

Reaction score
How about trade back to bottom of first round and take Nix if available or DL?
I’d like that but, I have a feeling we’re not going to get a QB unless a guy drops wayyyyy past his projection.

Not that I necessarily agree but, there’s too many holes to fill. Lucas’ condition sounds serious. If so, need to replace him ASAP.

In no particular order, we could use another Guard and/or Center. Need LB(s), a safety….could use another Edge…or two.

I can see Geno and Lock back at QB.

Pete’s last hurrah. Something miraculous would have to happen for him to take a rookie QB.

I wanted Stroud or AR last year…very happy with Spoon. He’s become one of my favorite Hawks.

Just saying…if JS likes a guy, I’d be ecstatic for them to grab a guy.

But I see lots of trading back in an attempt to fill the many holes this team has.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I’d like that but, I have a feeling we’re not going to get a QB unless a guy drops wayyyyy past his projection.

Not that I necessarily agree but, there’s too many holes to fill. Lucas’ condition sounds serious. If so, need to replace him ASAP.

In no particular order, we could use another Guard and/or Center. Need LB(s), a safety….could use another Edge…or two.

I can see Geno and Lock back at QB.

Pete’s last hurrah. Something miraculous would have to happen for him to take a rookie QB.

I wanted Stroud or AR last year…very happy with Spoon. He’s become one of my favorite Hawks.

Just saying…if JS likes a guy, I’d be ecstatic for them to grab a guy.

But I see lots of trading back in an attempt to fill the many holes this team has.
Looking at the early mock drafts, Nix is late first or second round.

I have high priority on a run stopper defensive lineman. That Michigan guy Grant at 340 is a beast. Just pancaked the guard and sacked Penix.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score

I have high priority on a run stopper defensive lineman.
Can’t argue with that.,..after getting torched this season.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If we had a qb capable of scoring more than 1 td per game, we wouldn't need our defense to constantly bail us out. It's OK to beat a team by more than one score. Really.

GemCity

Reaction score

I have high priority on a run stopper defensive lineman. That Michigan guy Grant at 340 is a beast. Just pancaked the guard and sacked Penix.
He is a monster. 💯