What Defines Hitting Rock Bottom??

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Lacy runs soft and slow, the moment he moves sideways the play is over.

Rawls has yet to find his rhythm but hasn't shown he can get it going this year. Overruns his blocks.

McKissic is fast, but only so many sweeps you can run. Down at first contact.

Davis seems to have potential, but now with injury might not be the same.

Chris Carson, if you are out there, get well soon.

We will go as far as Russ takes us this year.

sutz

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":5c7xmnzs said:
Sorry, but I have to call BS on that one. McKissic has broken more tackles this year in limited duty than Rawls and Lacy combined. At least, it seems that way. Mac shows a lot of strength for a little guy.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
This is rock bottom as far as running the ball is concerned. When you literally get excited because lacy got 1 yard and didn’t get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, ya this is rock bottom boys and girls

cymatica

Reaction score
I thought Lacy actually looked good at times, then he would get too cute, dance around, and make it worse. But there were some plays he actually looked pretty quick off the snap.

I say stick with him if he keeps showing improvement. If Davis can play then mix him in as well.

adeltaY

Reaction score
cymatica":3qjftxz0 said:
I thought Lacy actually looked good at times, then he would get too cute, dance around, and make it worse. But there were some plays he actually looked pretty quick off the snap.

I say stick with him if he keeps showing improvement. If Davis can play then mix him in as well.

Nooo please #CancelLacy!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seymour":lb79tp2g said:
This is about the running game, and this week it's Eddie Lacy. Pete seemed genuinely excited about the "emergence" of Lacy on Sunday. "We really got to feel him this week"....blah blah blah.

DUDE!! He had 17 carries for 46 yards ave. 2.7 per carry against one of the bottom 3 run defenses in the NFL and you want to throw him a party?

Also, in other news, what's up with Rawls not getting any shots? I realize between Lacy and Rawls it is becoming the topic of lessor of 2 evils, but at least Rawls is in good enough shape to break one lose eventually.

McKissic could have had a few more carries also (4 / 22 5.5 YPC). Anyway, nothing to celebrate with those numbers against THAT team IMO. :pukeface:

I just really don't see much happening with the running game until the O-Line gets right. Like you I would rather see Rawls, but it took a special back (Marshawn) to be successful getting hit 3 yds in the backfield.

Right now Joeckel and Ifedi are the flies in the ointment. Until those areas are improved I don't see much happening.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Right now, I think Rawls has become a lost cause. I just can't see him getting out of the dog house. He's far from the answer, but I prefer running backs that are giving 100% effort and I just don't see that out of Lacy. Maybe he is giving his 100%, but if he is, then I'm even more perplexed, because it just isn't showing up to my eye test. IMO, Davis is currently our best, if not only option moving forward. Well that and RW of course

Edit to add that Pete did say that Carson could be back soon, and that really could be a game changer for us as we make the final run at the post season. A Carson / Davis backfield with a mix of McKissic could be the answer to our biggest offensive issue.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think both Rawls and Lacy are gone at the end of the season. I wonder what they do? Will they draft a rookie or try to trade for a veteran. Are there any legit RBs who are FA after this year?

I really wish we would of picked up Blunt during the off season. He would of been a great fit with his running style and personality.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":30hpcxuv said:
Is it just me, or does Lacy hit like a 250+ lb marshmallow?

I noticed that too. For a back that's supposed to be physical and able to wear a defense down, he runs away from contact and goes down way to easily. If we somehow do happen to win our next couple games, it would be really nice to have Davis and maybe Carson back at the same time finishing up the season.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
McKissic looks like the most physical runner on the team, which is disappointing since he’s smaller and more of a speed back.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
The defenses are almost never fooled when we run the ball, even when we get an occasional 5+ yard run. I'm no expert but I have a good guess much of the time just by the formation and how tight the line is whether we run or not. Its almost impossible to run when the Defense knows its coming most of the time.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Have you all seen Alex Collins play for the Ravens? Guy looks like a completely different back then he did when he was here. I think the issue is not so much the runners but the line. Collins looks like an All-Pro behind the Ravens line, which isn't even all that great.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah, people keep saying the Ravens OL is much better than ours, but with the injuries they've suffered, especially Yanda being out for the year, the aren't much better. Collins looks excellent and we shouldn't have cut him. Hindsight, though.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Can we line up Russ @ RB and the Austin @ QB? ... ok. Just kidding ... but this RB situation is probably the worse I have ever seen on this team.
I mean ... can we sign Shaun Alexander or Chris Warren ... Hell, can we resign Ricky Waters back?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":2ppq3iji said:

Rawls has yet to find his rhythm but hasn't shown he can get it going this year. Overruns his blocks.

LOL, Rawls "overruns his blocks", meaning the O-Line is too slow at developing their Run Blocking, and so... if Rawls waits for the O-Line to open up a hole for him to run through, he's going to be mimicking Lacey's lack of success at running the ball......Sloth VS. sloth. :lol: :lol:
Rawls use to Cut & Run with power.. Something has drastically changed his mindset, and he's no longer running with the same committed effort.
I hope like hell that he regains his warrior mentality, or calls it quits, cuz runnin' 'round like a chicken in the middle of the road, he's gunna get his ass rund over.

Polk738

Reaction score
xgeoff":18rlvvrt said:
Have you all seen Alex Collins play for the Ravens? Guy looks like a completely different back then he did when he was here. I think the issue is not so much the runners but the line. Collins looks like an All-Pro behind the Ravens line, which isn't even all that great.

Wondering when someone was gonna bring this up-I mean lets look at the common denominator here-you have a guy that couldn't do anything behind our OL, gets released an now all of a sudden looks like Emmit Smith behind an average line like the Ravens. You basically have 2 pro bowl caliber players on the line now, an have 2 running backs that can't seem to average at least 3 YPC against one of the worst run defenses in the league. If Tom Cable's worthless ZBS isn't the common denominator here then I don't know what is.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yr1kgkix said:
Really liked what I saw out of Davis. He runs angry.

Me too...and it was revealing to see him crying on the bench in frustration after he had his groin pull. Dude wants to contribute.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
sutz":3tvdp30f said:
DangerousDoug":3tvdp30f said:
McKissic has broken more tackles this year in limited duty than Rawls and Lacy combined.

I'm not going to disagree with you there.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
It's okay, our injured undrafted rookie will save us! All hail Chris Carson!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":36c6xobm said:
DangerousDoug":36c6xobm said:

LOL, Rawls "overruns his blocks", meaning the O-Line is too slow at developing their Run Blocking, and so... if Rawls waits for the O-Line to open up a hole for him to run through, he's going to be mimicking Lacey's lack of success at running the ball......Sloth VS. sloth. :lol: :lol:
Rawls use to Cut & Run with power.. Something has drastically changed his mindset, and he's no longer running with the same committed effort.
I hope like hell that he regains his warrior mentality, or calls it quits, cuz runnin' 'round like a chicken in the middle of the road, he's gunna get his ass rund over.

Err no, the ZBS only works if the RB is patient and cuts into the correct hole. Something Rawls is incapable of doing, he just runs as fast as he can into the back of the line, or the wrong hole entirely.

It's literally the main reason he's on the bench, his inability to figure it out.

Not saying the line hasn't also stunk, but to say overrunning his blocks is no fault of Rawls is categorically false.