What Defines Hitting Rock Bottom??

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2okz0w92 said:
scutterhawk":2okz0w92 said:
DangerousDoug":2okz0w92 said:
Lacy runs soft and slow, the moment he moves sideways the play is over.

Rawls has yet to find his rhythm but hasn't shown he can get it going this year. Overruns his blocks.

McKissic is fast, but only so many sweeps you can run. Down at first contact.

Davis seems to have potential, but now with injury might not be the same.

Chris Carson, if you are out there, get well soon.

We will go as far as Russ takes us this year.

LOL, Rawls "overruns his blocks", meaning the O-Line is too slow at developing their Run Blocking, and so... if Rawls waits for the O-Line to open up a hole for him to run through, he's going to be mimicking Lacey's lack of success at running the ball......Sloth VS. sloth. :lol: :lol:
Rawls use to Cut & Run with power.. Something has drastically changed his mindset, and he's no longer running with the same committed effort.
I hope like hell that he regains his warrior mentality, or calls it quits, cuz runnin' 'round like a chicken in the middle of the road, he's gunna get his ass rund over.

Err no, the ZBS only works if the RB is patient and cuts into the correct hole. Something Rawls is incapable of doing, he just runs as fast as he can into the back of the line, or the wrong hole entirely.

It's literally the main reason he's on the bench, his inability to figure it out.

Not saying the line hasn't also stunk, but to say overrunning his blocks is no fault of Rawls is categorically false.

It's like he's reacting in the worst way to an obvious problem - "Gotta get to the spot before I get got". Except no, its just another kind of bad.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Only one person in the organization has the titled responsibility for both of the persistently weakest facets of our game. Facets that are both near league bottom. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Line Coach, and Run Game Coordinator - Tom Cable.

We’ve thrown more personnel at the problem than any other team, with little to show for it. That speaks to a coaching problem, not a player problem.

I think rock bottom for the running game is when the running backs would rather be traded to Cleveland than continue to play for their current team. I don’t think we are far from that place, but maybe not quite there yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3csfjfoe said:
Only one person in the organization has the titled responsibility for both of the persistently weakest facets of our game. Facets that are both near league bottom. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Line Coach, and Run Game Coordinator - Tom Cable.

We’ve thrown more personnel at the problem than any other team, with little to show for it. That speaks to a coaching problem, not a player problem.

I think rock bottom for the running game is when the running backs would rather be traded to Cleveland than continue to play for their current team. I don’t think we are far from that place, but maybe not quite there yet.

Cable is certainly culpable when it comes to the run game, but he's not the only one.

IMO it's the failed philosophy of going after "Cable guys" in the draft who are more athletic than traditional O-linemen and FA in order to move cap money to strengthen other position groups that is the real failure here.

I know we've drafted more O-linemen than anybody, and Cable has a strong part in who we draft. But again, the real issue here is a failed O-line philosophy that Pete, John and Cable are JUST NOW admitting that it hasn't worked.

Thus the Joeckel signing, Pocic drafting (traditional experienced guard system) going after Lang and now trading for Brown.

If they would have admitted the failure 2-3 years ago then this line probably would be rolling now, and not in a constant state of flux.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Pete is the defensive expert, and Cable is the offensive expert / run game coordinator / assistant HEAD COACH.

Pete relies on Cable's "expertise" for scheme and personnel evaluation (oline, TE, RB). This is why Pete is being taken down with him, and we are screwed (Cable sucks).

It finally came to head this season, but has been brewing ever since Cable has been here. We just had Russell and Lynch, and the top paid oline in the league to mask the problem and everyone was happy.

This is exactly why the response "winning" is a poor excuse for not solving real problems that persist.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3ord6rle said:
Pete is the defensive expert, and Cable is the offensive expert / run game coordinator / assistant HEAD COACH.

Pete relies on Cable's "expertise" for scheme and personnel evaluation (oline, TE, RB). This is why Pete is being taken down with him, and we are screwed (Cable sucks).

It finally came to head this season, but has been brewing ever since Cable has been here. We just had Russell and Lynch, and the top paid oline in the league to mask the problem and everyone was happy.

This is exactly why the response "winning" is a poor excuse for not solving real problems that persist.

No doubt, Cable was brought here for a reason, to install his ZBS system and help with the personnel to make it all work.

But again, the PHILOSOPHY of skimping on spending money in FA and drafting traditional O-linemen (until this year) in hopes that Cable can turn lemons into lemonade is on Pete and John, not Cable. They're the ones who continued down this failed philosophical road for years too long.

Cable may have failed in whatever percentage you'd like to assign to him for blame, but it's not 100%.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j8rlfop said:
Seymour":2j8rlfop said:

No doubt, Cable was brought here for a reason, to install his ZBS system and help with the personnel to make it all work.

But again, the PHILOSOPHY of skimping on spending money in FA and drafting traditional O-linemen (until this year) in hopes that Cable can turn lemons into lemonade is on Pete and John, not Cable. They're the ones who continued down this failed philosophical road for years too long.

Cable may have failed in whatever percentage you'd like to assign to him for blame, but it's not 100%.

Agree. Pete's huge mistake is believing too much in Cable to coach up castaways and help pick out "his guys". I said this 2 years ago, Pete took Cables tools, and has bought in to saving $$ and spending on top of the line toys (Harvin, Graham, Richardson....ect), and now has no way to fire Cable for under producing. That would be like your boss firing you for being late to work after you loaned him your car for a week. It's on Pete mostly.

Ultimately we are screwed for possibly a few years to recover, and why I have shifted blame to Pete to make a move or step down. LOB looks to be one and done, and that is a waste considering what we had.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17gvjxbq said:
scutterhawk":17gvjxbq said:
DangerousDoug":17gvjxbq said:

Rawls has yet to find his rhythm but hasn't shown he can get it going this year. Overruns his blocks.

Davis seems to have potential, but now with injury might not be the same.

Chris Carson, if you are out there, get well soon.

We will go as far as Russ takes us this year.

LOL, Rawls "overruns his blocks", meaning the O-Line is too slow at developing their Run Blocking, and so... if Rawls waits for the O-Line to open up a hole for him to run through, he's going to be mimicking Lacey's lack of success at running the ball......Sloth VS. sloth. :lol: :lol:
Rawls use to Cut & Run with power.. Something has drastically changed his mindset, and he's no longer running with the same committed effort.
I hope like hell that he regains his warrior mentality, or calls it quits, cuz runnin' 'round like a chicken in the middle of the road, he's gunna get his ass rund over.

Err no, the ZBS only works if the RB is patient and cuts into the correct hole. Something Rawls is incapable of doing, he just runs as fast as he can into the back of the line, or the wrong hole entirely.

It's literally the main reason he's on the bench, his inability to figure it out.

Not saying the line hasn't also stunk, but to say overrunning his blocks is no fault of Rawls is categorically false.
Err BS.with this O-Line so far this season, there IS NO CORRECT HOLE...The Line collapses BEFORE one can be established, and ....Rawls was kicking ass WITHOUT Cables ZBS in his first Season, AND, much like how Chris Carson was ALSO doing it WITHOUT the fantastic ZBS.
The REASON that Tom Cable SAID "When Marshawn Lynch comes back, he's going to have to adapt to the CHANGES in the Run Blocking Scheme"
IF the Seahawks are indeed trying to run the ZBS, they're doing a REALLY shitty job of it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Maybe the person who brought up Rawls outrunning his blocks was referring to the screen pass against the Giants? It was a big gainer, but he could've got 10 or more yards on top of that if he hadn't outrun his block. The key to maximizing the benefits of screen passes is setting up your blocks.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
adeltaY":324rmjj8 said:
Maybe the person who brought up Rawls outrunning his blocks was referring to the screen pass against the Giants? It was a big gainer, but he could've got 10 or more yards on top of that if he hadn't outrun his block. The key to maximizing the benefits of screen passes is setting up your blocks.

I brought it up after I believe week 3 or 4 in a game day post. I was *cough* "feeling great" *cough* and noticed how he seemed to kind of 'hope/guess' where a lane would open up & just blast straight up our line men's asses, seemingly with his eyes closed and then bounce up like a hyper toddler from the scrum looking ass if he thought he gained a good 5-7 yards but in actuality was just running in place behind the los. Totally different from year one. Over eager...understandable, I guess...but ineffective.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":35uns1zw said:
Sgt. Largent":35uns1zw said:
Seymour":35uns1zw said:

Agree. Pete's huge mistake is believing too much in Cable to coach up castaways and help pick out "his guys". I said this 2 years ago, Pete took Cables tools, and has bought in to saving $$ and spending on top of the line toys (Harvin, Graham, Richardson....ect), and now has no way to fire Cable for under producing. That would be like your boss firing you for being late to work after you loaned him your car for a week. It's on Pete mostly.

Ultimately we are screwed for possibly a few years to recover, and why I have shifted blame to Pete to make a move or step down. LOB looks to be one and done, and that is a waste considering what we had.

It's not a waste, it's the NFL where dynasties are few and far between. Especially in parity era. Peyton's Colts, Rodger's Packers and Brees Saints only have one ring despite everyone predicting multiple rings for those teams.

People need to get over this failure to go to the SB every year. It just doesn't happen for any team not named Patriots (and I'm still not convinced they don't cheat their way around things).

If Wentz' Eagles win the SB, everyone will proclaim them the next big dynasty. And then they will fail over and over again. LIke most teams.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith might be the true definition of rock bottom.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":7lnw0oak said:
<snip>

McKissic actually broke several tackles against the 49ers. Pleasant surprise. Yes, it had been first guy always brings him down. Maybe the 49ers secondary sucks at tackling. Hell, even twiggy PRich looked like a beast breaking a couple tackles on one play against them.

That Rawls screen play several weeks back where he was totally unaware of his blocking and squandered maybe 20 easy yards by sprinting past his blocks to get to the tacklers--that's Rawls season in a nutshell. Running without vision and smarts. It's just so weird to see him be so inept after that awesome rookie season.

Lacy sucked less than usual against the 49ers, but I found myself saying "WTF??!!" every time they ran Lacy wide. If Lacy is running outside the guards, going East-West, he sucks. No speed, easy to tackle, pretty much a guaranteed negative play. Why did Bevell/Cable/Carroll try that multiple times? Oh yeah, Bevell was sure the 49ers D "wouldn't expect it", just like Bevell was sure the NE D wouldn't anticipate a slant to the #6 WR at crunch time. Anyway, Lacy was almost passable on his North/South runs.

The O actually got into a nice rhythm against the 49ers, McKissic run wide, Lacy run up the middle, play action pass.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":13vv9wcj said:
Benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith might be the true definition of rock bottom.

And a

Maxresdefault

to that!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":c4zglt1r said:
Seymour":c4zglt1r said:
Sgt. Largent":c4zglt1r said:
Seymour":c4zglt1r said:

It's not a waste, it's the NFL where dynasties are few and far between. Especially in parity era. Peyton's Colts, Rodger's Packers and Brees Saints only have one ring despite everyone predicting multiple rings for those teams.

People need to get over this failure to go to the SB every year. It just doesn't happen for any team not named Patriots (and I'm still not convinced they don't cheat their way around things).

If Wentz' Eagles win the SB, everyone will proclaim them the next big dynasty. And then they will fail over and over again. LIke most teams.

I agree with most of that except that at best it's a disappointment and instead of waste possibly shame or crime would be better since we won one. And no, I don't expect a trophy a year. 1 more will do for the next 5 and I'l be fine. We left a 2nd one somewhere I believe. Same field that swallowed up the LOB if I'm not mistaking. :(

seedhawk

Reaction score
Twisted I know but, my vision of rock bottom is RW injured for weeks, and Lacy taking direct snaps. :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
The Answer is

play.ideas.jones.julius.250x265.jpg