What did you learn from Sundays game?

blkhwk

Reaction score
miss three FG's
Throw 2 INT's
commit 15 penalties...........

how many teams win doing that to themselves!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2y4t9w1a said:
Shanegotyou11":2y4t9w1a said:
Hawk_Nation":2y4t9w1a said:
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

-Bevell sucks. First play to Jimmy Graham was late in the 2nd quarter

Scored vs Atlanta in playoffs. That narrative while mainly true on how poor we are in opening drives is false. It isn't 20+ games. It is 8. Lol

Google is free, use it.

The convention is when quoting stats/streaks that they refer only to the regular season. Postseason stats are separate and if someone's combining both they will say "including postseason," took me a while to understand that.

I don't get why people are saying our HFA is diminished. We went 7-1 at home last season and I'm very confident in saying we would have been 8-0 if ETIII was healthy. However, his absence didn't affect us on the Doctson catch, Carroll said on his 710 interview that they played aggressive man coverage because they thought they could get to Cousins before he'd have a chance to throw. Didn't work out, obviously.

Russell's arm strength is great, I can buy that he's inconsistent with his throws, but to say he's got a weak arm is ludicrous.

The coaches need to open up the offense and get back to the second half of 2015 playcalling, if that's even possible at this point. If they don't shut down the Cardinals and put up 27+, it'll be very concerning.

iigakusei

Reaction score
That the Hawks STILL have not had the lead at the half ONCE this year! 8 games - not one lead at the half.
Maybe it will finally happen Thursday - but I have my doubts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I learned that even really good teams can lay an egg from time-to-time. Did they blow their load against the Texans and were spent for the Redskins? Looked it to me. This is a game if we play them 10 times we win 9 out of 10 times. It happens.

I learned that Wilson is just not himself in wet weather.

I learned that our Super Bowl chances this year just shrunk dramatically. It's only the halfway point so no need for hyperbole but this game could end up being the difference between home field throughout and another 3 or 4 seed where we get to go on the road in the divisional. And yes I do still assume we will be in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":1sqdneqc said:
That the Hawks STILL have not had the lead at the half ONCE this year! 8 games - not one lead at the half.
Maybe it will finally happen Thursday - but I have my doubts.

If there's one constant with the Hawks, it's that they usually rise up for big primetime games.............and they usually lower themselves down to the level of their competition.

So I look for us to bounce back Thursday, and if we can't beat a terrible Drew Stanton led Cardinals team in primetime? Screw it, we don't belong in the playoffs.

kf3339

Reaction score
I learned we aren't winning any more SB championships with Pete Carroll at the helm. He won't change and the league has figured him out, and has passed him by.

djb28

Reaction score
I learned how tired I am of complaining about the same issues. So I won't anymore after this post. If they don't care why should I care? I will just watch and cheer when It's called for. I shouldnt lose my voice since I only ever cheer in the 4th qtr.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahawk":3hx3capl said:
SoulfishHawk":3hx3capl said:
Russell's arm strength is weak? He had a bad game, but come on, you can't be serious.
There were quite a few plays where the receivers had to slow down and wait for the ball. So many, that it looked like a trend. A weak arm trend.
Some may have been completions, but it gave the defense time to catch up to the receivers. If they didn't have to wait for the ball and they received it in-stride, it would have been much better.
Russ just doesn't look the same in cold/wet weather. I don't think any would be complaining about his arm strength last week. He threw some lasers against Houston. The guy just isn't the same in the rain/snow.

I also noticed that Russ was throwing off of his back foot way too often, you can't drive the ball if you're throwing it from your back foot.

mrt144

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2xnziurb said:
Seahawk":2xnziurb said:
SoulfishHawk":2xnziurb said:
Russell's arm strength is weak? He had a bad game, but come on, you can't be serious.
There were quite a few plays where the receivers had to slow down and wait for the ball. So many, that it looked like a trend. A weak arm trend.
Some may have been completions, but it gave the defense time to catch up to the receivers. If they didn't have to wait for the ball and they received it in-stride, it would have been much better.
Russ just doesn't look the same in cold/wet weather. I don't think any would be complaining about his arm strength last week. He threw some lasers against Houston. The guy just isn't the same in the rain/snow.

Exactly. This isn't new either. It also is bananas that they'd be calling some of their deeper stuff against a good DB group unlike Houston...

adeltaY

Reaction score
blkhwk":1ryakpzv said:
miss three FG's
Throw 2 INT's
commit 15 penalties...........

how many teams win doing that to themselves!

I remember Palmer threw four picks and the Cards still beat us at home back in '13.... Rams committed five turnovers and almost had us this year. It's possible haha!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
There are fundamental flaws in Pete's coaching philosophy i.e " It's not how you start it's how you finish". and not playing to win and his stubornness to run what he wants rather than whats best for the team. He may have been able to get away with that in college because he could receuit the best players, but not here.

I'm still optimistic they'll figure it out even though there is nothing telling me they actually will. The life of a fan and now tempered expectations.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":14ym1nci said:
Shanegotyou11":14ym1nci said:
Hawk_Nation":14ym1nci said:
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

Scored vs Atlanta in playoffs. That narrative while mainly true on how poor we are in opening drives is false. It isn't 20+ games. It is 8. Lol

Wrong. The record we hold is NO TOUCHDOWN drives on 1st possession (regular season record) and is at 24 straight games now. We broke the record at 22 games and every week we set it higher now.

Regular season? If that's what it is then fine. If your talking games in a row? Your wrong.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400927747

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":x0hxcmob said:
Shanegotyou11":x0hxcmob said:
Hawk_Nation":x0hxcmob said:

Wrong. The record we hold is NO TOUCHDOWN drives on 1st possession (regular season record) and is at 24 straight games now. We broke the record at 22 games and every week we set it higher now.

Ah u edited it to (regular season). Least you fact checked yourself.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I just about have this one out of my system now. I learned that I don't take an ass whooping in my own in front of my friends and family, in my own house, very well at all. I've posted a few of my long winded rants about what went wrong and who screwed up the most. I've also shared some my constructive thoughts on how to fix the whole mess, and surprisingly enough, a good many are in agreement with most of my conclusions.

Then it struck me a little while ago, that the coaches, players and powers that be, are feeling the same things we've been feeling, only ten times more than we have if that's even possible., I've been a 12th man, processing thru days like yesterday forever, suffering thru some really low points, and that still doesn't make days like yesterday any easier to digest. I'm not to prideful to say I felt heart sick and down right sad as hell for my Seahawks yesterday at games end.

There isn't anything we are going to think, feel, say or do, that the Seahawks haven't already reeled thru ten times more and ten times over as well. I eventually concluded the only thing that any of us 12's can do, once we get all our grief vented, is the same thing they are hopefully doing in Seattle right now, and that is figuring out what got broke and what they are going to do to fix it before Thursday night.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we have all the talent we need to take it all the way to the super bowl this season, both in players and coaches, but it's going to take some genuine humility and open mindedness by all of them to own up to the problems that exist and how they can individually an.d collectively do their part to fix them.

As 12s that is all we can do as well. There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable members in this forum who can offer some great insights and constructive solutions to their team. Right now is a good time to put all your upset feelings to the curb and instead start talking about how we are fix things and get our arses to another Super Bowl shootout.

If you don't believe that the coaches and players don't troll and lurk in this forum think again, we have heard them reference things said here on occasion, So don't think your words and wisdom are falling on deaf ears or are only limited to the members that we see post here. , I assure you they are not. With that said choose your words wisely and realize that what you say might matter and could conceivably help the team.

In short be thoughtful, constructive and considerate in what you share, if you want to try make a difference.

Go Seahawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell posts here all the time, to bad the players can't put him on ignore like so many members here.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Not so much what I learned, but what I expected.

It seems like we always have a clunker like this, even in these glory days. But that's OK. Recent history shows we regroup and refocus after a loss like this and then make another late charge to the playoffs. I believe we have one of the best November-December records in the league over the past 5 years. So there's nothing to suggest this staff and this team won't make that happen again.

I'll take a blip of bad with a whole lotta good every year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The game was a fluke. Numerous big plays called back among those 16 penalties. 3 dropped interceptions that would have changed the entire game. And of course, the 3 missed FG's. This game not only should not have been a loss, it should have been a blowout. The sky is not falling.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3kpd27tz said:
Bevell posts here all the time, to bad the players can't put him on ignore like so many members here.
If he did log on here, he'd certainly read your posts for comedy relief.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8yb3esb7 said:
The game was a fluke. Numerous big plays called back among those 16 penalties. 3 dropped interceptions that would have changed the entire game. And of course, the 3 missed FG's. This game not only should not have been a loss, it should have been a blowout. The sky is not falling.

It's only a fluke if we hadn't already seen some of these issues throughout the season. Yes more than usual for penalties and missed FG's..........but our O-line has committed the most penalties in the league.

So it's no fluke. It's an ongoing issue that Pete needs to figure out.