What did you learn from Sundays game?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk":2ulgbq30 said:
SoulfishHawk":2ulgbq30 said:
Russell's arm strength is weak? He had a bad game, but come on, you can't be serious.
There were quite a few plays where the receivers had to slow down and wait for the ball. So many, that it looked like a trend. A weak arm trend.
Some may have been completions, but it gave the defense time to catch up to the receivers. If they didn't have to wait for the ball and they received it in-stride, it would have been much better.

He also threw a rocket to Jimmy on the two point conversion, too hard for Jimmy to get his hands up on time.

I certainly saw what you're talking about, but that's more putting the right touch on the ball than arm strength. I also think the weather had something to do with Russell's touch on some of the poorly thrown passes yesterday.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":zr8lesf5 said:
You want to punch him in the face? Really? :roll:

When he said that, I absolutely wanted to punch him. I freaking love Russell Wilson, but these clowns around him have turned him into a 50/50 game mentality. "All we ask for is a chance at the end." WTF? WHY? We have more talent than 90% of the teams we play. WE should be rolling over teams like San Fran IN OUR HOUSE. We should have absolutely KILLED Tennessee. Oh, we put it to the Giants? IN FREAKING GARBAGE TIME! The first half of that game was their Goddamned Super Bowl. We should have had no doubt about beating Washington coming into this game. The mentality put into this team is what is costing us. They don't have ANY KILLER INSTINCT, other than a few hard hitters on the Defense. WE def have it in us to be the kind of team that rolls people over. The moronic leadership is preventing hall of famers from showing the world they are IN FACT, HALL OF FAMERS.

If you feel like you've done enough, just because you lost in the last minute of the game against half the teams on our schedule, you an ignoramus. If all you wanted was a chance, you're not who we need on this team.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawk":26tvtiwe said:
Russel's arm strength is weak.
Receivers were all waiting for the ball.
You're supposed to pass to them in-stride.

I've seen a bunch of the top QB's in the league in person and Wilson is far from weak. In fact in person His arm has been as good as anyone. His arm strength is actually underrated.

I've been pretty critical of Bevell but I'm ready to split the blame between Pete and Bevell. Sargent already said it but Pete and his stubborn refusal to adapt to the current personnel's strengths and weaknesses is costing this team. Bevell isn't good either and I know someone will come in here and defend him but he didn't adapt to the blitz, his route tree combinations were baffling and he panics in situational play calling more often than not. He's capable of going long stretches calling a very good game but he is also capable of absolutely terrible calls and it costs this team. 20+ straight games without opening the game with a TD with this type of talent is absolutely ridiculous and its just as ridiculous to chalk it up solely to execution. 20+ straight games is more than execution, its largely game plan as well. I love Pete too and everything he's brought to this organization but someone needs to talk some sense into him.

I still think this team is a SB contender and Sunday didn't change that for me. They will be fine.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nbq3k7c said:
Have a drink Kav, it's gonna' be ok :irishdrinkers:

I need a few.

Do you really think it's going to be okay? I mean, sure, life will go on... But this is not okay. IF we were the Browns, (and by all rights, we've been worse) I would accept it and watch...Much like I did under Gelbaugh and Mirer, etc. We are squandering the best years of multiple generational talents. The answers given are no longer acceptable.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2eoowe82 said:
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

-Bevell sucks. First play to Jimmy Graham was late in the 2nd quarter

Scored vs Atlanta in playoffs. That narrative while mainly true on how poor we are in opening drives is false. It isn't 20+ games. It is 8. Lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Locket is definitely not as twitchy and quick as he was before the injury.

But did we expect him to come back from a horrific leg break and be the same this year as he was before the injury? I didn't. It might take another year for him to get fully back to his top speed and quickness, and sadly he may never get back to it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Russ is bad is non good conditions.

Defense folds late.

I hate ppl.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":23vuu7by said:
Hawk_Nation":23vuu7by said:
-Tyler Lockett has lost a step (or two) and is no longer the explosive returner he once was

-20+ games in a row now the hawks have not scored a TD on their first possession

-Russell is literally a one man band. If we didn't have him we could very well be 2-6

-Bevell sucks. First play to Jimmy Graham was late in the 2nd quarter

Scored vs Atlanta in playoffs. That narrative while mainly true on how poor we are in opening drives is false. It isn't 20+ games. It is 8. Lol

Wrong. The record we hold is NO TOUCHDOWN drives on 1st possession (regular season record) and is at 24 straight games now. We broke the record at 22 games and every week we set it higher now.

NJHawk

Reaction score
Home field doesn’t matter much anymore and our reputation doesn’t scare teams. We are a very beatable team that makes a lot of mistakes week in and week out. Time to pass the torch.

seedhawk

Reaction score
To be frank, I didn't learn a damn thing from this last game. However, it sure reinforced feelings and trends I have questioned for the last 2 years.

PC's start conservative, feel them out, play for field position, wear them down and win it in the 4th is now old and stale.

We are probably stuck with Bevell for as long as PC is here, simply because he will do what PC ask's him to do. OC's get interviews by running dynamic, score points offenses. Not by running a conservative, play to not lose, until it is late enough you have no choice offense.

Notice we have not lost an assistant in at least 2 years, leaving out retirement. PC is loyal to a fault to his coaches, but, no one is poaching our current guys, and that means everyone else believes there are better options available. If they feel that way, why does PC insist on playing the same scratched record?

2 years ago we started to slide back to the mediocre middle, and nothing I have seen this year gives me hope that that trend will not continue.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think we actually learned very much. We managed to lose a game where we heavily out gained the opponent due to key things going wrong in every area. If we had a rematch on Sunday I imagine the spread would be roughly the same as it was going into yesterday. Football is a great sport because the favorite only wins 2/3 of the time. It just really sucks when you're the favorite and lose a game that you really should have won.

There were a few things that we already knew that we just saw more evidence of.

- Bobby Wagner is really good, as is our entire front seven.

- Russ has always struggled in the rain, just like every QB does. His drop off in accuracy seems a little worse than average so maybe he should look into the gloves that Brady wears, but what do I know about it really. I'm sure Carl Smith has had similar conversations with Russ after similar performances.

- Our receivers are very good. I'll watch the all-22 tomorrow and may post specifics, but we had guys open all over the field. The Redskins were slipping a little bit more than we were so that may have contributed.

- Our run game looked much improved as Rawls had over 4 YPC after Lacy went out. That doesn't mean much given the injuries across the Redskins defense, however, and we couldn't take advantage of it due to penalties that kept moving us into passing situations. Thursday will be a much better test against the Cards front seven.

- Penalties continue to be a major factor with 16! for 138 yards. Coaching staff needs to hit this harder as a bunch of the penalties were avoidable. Some of the penalties looked 50/50 from the stands, but we're not going to score many points on Thursday in any half in which we have nine penalties.

- Individual plays matter. Sherman and Kam both whiffed on interceptions they could have had, Walsh missed three make-able field goals, RW had one really bad interception, and any number of calls or flags could have gone another way that would have resulted in a win. Letting Doctson get behind them when that was one of the only things they had to prevent was a huge miss by the secondary and reminds us how important Earl is.

- Stadium atmosphere continues to fall off. My section began the game sitting on the first defensive possession. Four years ago they weren't always sitting on offensive possessions.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This is a slightly above average inconsistent team, and this is the final year of the championship window. After this year It's time to start trading big names for draft picks and build for the future. Bevell should have been fired after SB 49 as a chance to start over even if it wasn't entirely his fault. But at this point having the same problems surface year after year shows this team's stubborness to adapt. The crowd isn't quite into it because they don't see a team that's getting better, they see a team that's been declining and is just trying to cling onto whatever greatness is left or hasn't been figured out yet.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
That pull to the left kick by Walsh 2 years ago against us is still haunting him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I learned that just when I was starting to believe I was wrong about this team, I was actually right. This team is average and is in a dogfight just to get a wildcard....much less earn a SB berth.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I truly do, I just have a positive outlook. Not saying I wasn't angry yesterday, that's putting it mildly. I just get over it quicker, life to short to stay pissed off all week about something we have no control over.
I just know this is nothing new with this team. People freaking out at the hallway point-ish etc. Only to see them get rolling. Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen. Very few teams in the NFC have the experience that the Hawks do over the last several years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3mbyx72h said:
I learned that just when I was starting to believe I was wrong about this team, I was actually right. This team is average and is in a dogfight just to get a wildcard....much less earn a SB berth.

I'm not quite ready to hand the Rams the division title just yet.

They've had an insanely easy schedule with one quality win, over the Cowboys.............and they still have the play the Saints, Eagles, us and the Titans on the road.

Not saying we're any better right now. Just saying I'm not giving up on the division just yet.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I have never been in the 'Fire Bevell' camp. For many assorted reasons.

At this point, I believe we need to infuse this team anew. For that to work, it will require Pete conceding some team control to do it.

If he's not willing to make that concession, then I absolutely want Bevell to remain. For what Pete demands, it requires the kind of OC that will accept being unable to form the offense as he wants it to be. To in essence forsake any potential career growth personally. That is not something that most OCs will abide by and the conflict that would raise if we switched OC in the offseason would almost assuredly doom this team's ability to compete.

Just looking around the league at how many pedestrian offenses erupted seemingly overnight by adding fresh inventive offensive minds is encouraging. Quite literally one can see a handful of offensive teams take monumental leaps in as little as one training camp every year. Given how grossly stale this offense is even in the best of games -- it's completely understandable that scoring envy would run rampant among us twelves.

I simply wish that Carroll would take a page from Belichick's handbook. And literally step completely away from any involvement with the offense of any kind. Not part of it's overall strategy. Or personnel. Anything. Complete non factor.

Do I think that will happen? No, unfortunately. I also think that's the only thing that can alter this offense's trajectory going forward. Pete is simply killing this offense. He needs a fresh direction and provide the same kind of career platform for his offensive coaches as he has for his defensive ones.