What did you learn from Sundays game?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I learned that this team is undisciplined. Way too many penalties.

I also learned that JD McKissic should be returning kickoffs. Our starting position after receiving a kickoff could be improved by letting Tyler sit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cb781vh6 said:
I guess. The game overall just felt like a series of what the hell moments that lined up for Wash.

But to me EVERY game feels like that when we're constantly getting penalties and making undisciplined mistakes over and over.

Usually we have the talent to over come, but it doesn't mean those problems are "Fluky." It's no fluke, Pete Carroll teams are undisciplined, and it drives me crazy cause our skill level is no longer at the point where we can overcome those constant mistakes every game, as we saw Sunday.

Clean it up for Pete's sake! (see what I did there)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the penalties flat out kill this team. You could argue they were just as big as the missed field goals. Drives getting killed left and right.

northseahawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3ck6gr50 said:
I learned that for the first time, I wanted to punch Russ in the face... He says, "The only thing we ask, is to have a chance at the end. That's all we want." WHY IS THAT ALL YOU WANT??? WE SHOULD BE STEPPING ON TEAMS LIKE WASHINGTON! If you're playing the Browns and all you want is a chance at the end, I disown you. I hate that stupid mentality. Get your shit together start putting it to teams. Why is every single game a close one? Even when we beat someone convincingly, it's not as it should be. We should be playing to win. The WORST thing for me, was when we started a drive INSIDE THEIR 50, we still are trying to "get Lacy going". WHY? You are within 50 yards of pay-dirt. You need to play for points. You need to go with what you know works, not with what you want to work. Idiots. We freaking went 3 and out on that drive...PATHETIC.

I learned that our coaches are complete optimist morons who have been lucky, more often than not, because of the elite talent bailing their asses out. I'm sick of it!

Thank you for posting something negative but absolutely true about Wilson. I know he is a savior for many here, but he is a major cause of our ineffective offense and making our oline look worst then they are.

He impatient nature of staying in the pocket and letting the play run is causing the oline man to suddenly change their direction of blocking hence leading to holding penalties. Receivers dont know where to run causing confusion and at times leads to ints.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has also carried the team many times. The offense as a whole is flawed. They often put up a bunch of yards but very little scoring to match. He clearly did play a bad game on Sunday for his standards, as did quite a bit of the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":624izxzx said:
He has also carried the team many times. The offense as a whole is flawed. They often put up a bunch of yards but very little scoring to match. He clearly did play a bad game on Sunday for his standards, as did quite a bit of the team.

Imagine standing on the freeway with oncoming traffic, that's every game day in Russell's life lately.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No "Desperation In The Preparation"
The took this "HOME GAME" for granted, and got caught with their knickers down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It truly did feel like a game where they took the massively injured opponent for granted a little. Teams playing down to competition happens way too often in sports.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":260iq79e said:
Seymour":260iq79e said:
The road to the SB just got heavily damaged with this loss.

This I agree with. Stuff like HFA? Teams have figured out how to go silent count and work around the crowd noise. We learned that years ago.

What did I learn yesterday?

- our D is good, but the LOB isn't what they once were. When the pass rush doesn't get home, they get picked apart very easily and have given up more big pass plays this year than every year prior combined.

- I learned that for all the positives about Pete, and there are a lot, his stubbornness with how he wants his offense run is costing us games and opportunities at championships. We have an elite QB in his prime, but he refuses to scheme and playcall to Russell's strengths............and instead continues to "try to get the run game going" wasting valuable possessions until it's too late.

- Our special teams is the most "unspecial" it's been in the Carroll era. To to the point where it's now costing us games. Coverage team sucks, blocks in the back, holding penalties, missed FG's, overpaid punter who can't pin it deep anymore. You name it, special teams does it poorly.

- We no longer have the talent to overcome being one of the most penalizes teams in the league year after year. That's on Pete, his techno dance party practices continue to manifest themselves on gameday into undisciplined and unfocused play killing drive after drive.
They are not, and they should not, try to convert to a pass-first offense whilest our o-line is so god-awful. Running is much safer.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
pacific101":13dnd2v3 said:
As 12s that is all we can do as well. There are some very intelligent and knowledgeable members in this forum who can offer some great insights and constructive solutions to their team. Right now is a good time to put all your upset feelings to the curb and instead start talking about how we are fix things and get our arses to another Super Bowl shootout.

Go Seahawks!

One thing that I've learned over the years....... "Unsolicited advice stinks"! I have yet to hear the Coaching staff ask for our opinions.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":3fij0j3n said:
A remote control thrown at medium velocity will break a 65” TV screen.

And TVs are slightly less expensive as they were 18 months ago.

Holy crap, that's gotta hurt! Sorry for the damage. I have to ask though. Did it make it through to the last catch at the 1 near games end?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seymour":3064xxp4 said:
pmedic920":3064xxp4 said:

Holy crap, that's gotta hurt! Sorry for the damage. I have to ask though. Did it make it through to the last catch at the 1 near games end?

Wasn’t my only TV.

I️ saw the whole game.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":3dzho2zz said:
Seymour":3dzho2zz said:
pmedic920":3dzho2zz said:

Wasn’t my only TV.

I️ saw the whole game.

I figured that, I'm trying to ask which play spawned the event though.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2tzs2br5 said:
How true.
What ever happened to "the separation is in the preparation" and striving for GREATNESS that Wilson and Caroll spoke about in 2012. If this team was truly prepared it wouldn't have this record streak of 24 opening drives without a td. A well prepared team with thoughtful coaches just arent that inept.
Instead they've become a team of procrastinators with Pete cheering them on to just win in the fourth quarter.
This is definitely NOT a team striving for perfection.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3lfnhbda said:
scutterhawk":3lfnhbda said:
How true.
What ever happened to "the separation is in the preparation" and striving for GREATNESS that Wilson and Caroll spoke about in 2012. If this team was truly prepared it wouldn't have this record streak of 24 opening drives without a td. A well prepared team with thoughtful coaches just arent that inept.
Instead they've become a team of procrastinators with Pete cheering them on to just win in the fourth quarter.
This is definitely NOT a team striving for perfection.

This is an EXTREMELY telling stat as far as the effectiveness of the offensive strategy and playcalling. At the beginning of games is when it is fully orchestrated by your OC based on the preparation assessment.

This stat tells us our OC is woefully lacking in the ability to coherently game plan. Putrid

Latest posts