what happens after a loss?

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
How long does it take for you guys to get over a loss? I know me personally, I can't watch anything related to football, listen to sports radio, until around the thursday night game... On sunday, after they lose, I am a wreck for the rest of the day....I am wondering if I am the only fan who gets depressed like this...After the loss to the Saints, I crawled into bed and fell into a drunken depressed sleep....is there something wrong with me? :?: :eek: :shock: ...

sutz

Reaction score
tigardhawk46":3qdc6dhe said:
How long does it take for you guys to get over a loss? I know me personally, I can't watch anything related to football, listen to sports radio, until around the thursday night game... On sunday, after they lose, I am a wreck for the rest of the day....I am wondering if I am the only fan who gets depressed like this...After the loss to the Saints, I crawled into bed and fell into a drunken depressed sleep....is there something wrong with me? :?: :eek: :shock: ...
I used to be like that. Any more, life's too short and I have to not let my blood pressure boil for so long at a stretch. :twisted:

Mostly, I'm pretty normal by the next day. It still bothers me, but it gets pretty low grade fairly quickly.

James in PA

Reaction score
I get over them better now than I used to. I’m not sure if it has more to do with getting older or us finally winning the big one back back in 13/14. I used to literally get bad headaches and feel very depressed after a loss. Now I just get angry (but not throw a brick at the TV angry). Usually by the following Tue or Wed, I’m completely over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Depends on which loss. We're still not over our Super Bowl losses.

Jville

Reaction score
I enjoy the competitions and game story regardless of outcome.

But, I'm a seasoned and mature fan who enjoys reflecting on Pete's program.

These are the best of times :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I used to let it ruin my day. I'm over it and on to next week the next day. Of course, if someone asks me about it at work, I ret riled up. But, it's not the be all end all of life and we have no control over it. I prefer to keep a positive outlook and take the good with the bad. That being said, I used to be horrible about it, but it's a waste of energy to dwell all week about it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
We're getting emotionally invested in other people playing a game over which we have absolutely zero influence or control. How that impacts your life is 100% your choice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Took me a long time to get to that point. At some point you gotta step back and realize that the negative crap is A CHOICE.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don’t do a lot of smack talking with fans of other teams around here, but if their team beats mine and they insist on doing it , I usually respond with: “Congratulations. The millionaires you root for beat the millionaires I root for.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
As long as it not the two P's, Patriots and Pittsburgh I am fine.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
It used to be bad pre XLIII but after I’m over it by the next day .

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It used to bother me..but then I found it not that important. Even the loss by WSU did not bother me and I am going to the game in a few weeks. Nope, I have more important things to think about...Need to clean out my garden....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pissed for about an hour, avoid sports radio. I witnessed it, I don’t need it rehashed, don’t need to hear excuses by some clown on the radio.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1mno9kam said:
Depends on which loss. We're still not over our Super Bowl losses.
I was over the NE loss withiin a day or two for 2 reasons:

Number one it can be argued that the Hawks were fortunate to be there because if not for some extraordinary circumstances vs. Green Bay in the NFCCG our team wouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl

Number two outside of allowing Edelman to play when concussed, the officiating was solid and even handed in the game. Bottom line, the Hawks just blew the game.

And that leads me to XL*......still not over it, never will be over it because the Hawks were absolutely screwed by the NFL imo. They had a script and they were gonna make sure it unfolded as they hyped it. Seattle Sacrificial Lambs. Seattle played poorly that day but so did pissburgh. Even handed officiating and the Hawks win. To have a championship stolen, especially what should've been their first ever, was the toughest sports moment I've ever experienced (including losing in the state semifinals in hoops as a Sr. in high school).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I get over it pretty fast. More irritated that I can't enjoy football or watching anything football related for a couple days. I just have to unplug and do other things. Can't really even listen to the post game on the ride home after a loss. Just want to scrub the experience from the brain.

It's especially bad the home losses. A long day tailgating in the cold and yelling till I'm hoarse at the game. Then the generally quiet humid ride home. Kind of feels like I'm coming down with some low grade cold by the time I get home.

justafan

Reaction score
Its just a game. Im over it before Seahawk gameday starts. I know these guys are just human and are going to make mistakes.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I only get upset to the point that my friends, family, and coworkers seriously question if their actions and choices matter at all if I'm simply going to be happy or unhappy based on the outcome of a football game. That's all.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'm the same as the OP in that I really don't listen to sports radio, etc. for the week. I'm painfully aware of how good/bad our team did; I don't need to hear about it from the talking heads.

xray

Reaction score
After " THAT " super bowl ; no loss since bothers me anymore . That was the " mother " of all disappointing losses for me. No other losses can compare to that for me .

Knuck Chox

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1qp4av91 said:
We're getting emotionally invested in other people playing a game over which we have absolutely zero influence or control. How that impacts your life is 100% your choice.
This is my perspective as well. The last loss that truly upset me was the playoff loss to St. Louis. I was so pissed I went in my bedroom and locked the door. Wouldn’t come out even though my young kids begged me to come out and play with them. I might have even said some mean things to them in the process.

Later that evening, once I calmed down, I decided life is too short and family too precious to let a game, which i could control in no way at all, determine my mood and personal interactions. Since then, losses don’t faze me at all. Yeah, the Pats loss was disappointing. But does it affect me personally? Not one bit.