What happens with ET3?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2rnl8job said:
original poster":2rnl8job said:
Out of interest, would anyone jump on the following?

#18 + Earl to Browns for #4?

I'd personally jump all over it, then trade back aggressively.
Why would Cleveland do that for a one year rental?

Well there’s always the franchise tag to fall back on if they couldn’t get a deal in place.

original poster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hubrgzsj said:
original poster":hubrgzsj said:

Why would Cleveland do that for a one year rental?

Any trade for Earl would likely already have a contract extension in place (or at least imminent).

It's probably highly unlikely, though.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/974070217428127744[/tweet]

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":otxuemg0 said:
flmmkrz":otxuemg0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/974070217428127744[/tweet]

Just 1 first rounder? They may do that.

yeah I think the hang up is the extension and how much they'd be on the hook for, they'd bite on the offer itself.

massari

Reaction score
Could just mean some unrelated moves...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/974118524976291840[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Notice Sea proposed means they aren't just "listening", they are doing the initiating. Earl is gone IMO.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Seymour":18uttjse said:
Notice Sea proposed means they aren't just "listening", they are doing the initiating. Earl is gone IMO.

He’s not staying with Sherm and Kam being done. He’s gone.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
If we want to bury the past, give Russ the keys to the offensive castle and blow up the defense.
Total change of philosophy.

I'm 100% against letting go of a defensive cornerstone like Earl but, if he is mentally checked out, let him go but make the cowboys pay a premium.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NJlargent":39zrbea4 said:
Seymour":39zrbea4 said:

If they trade Earl so are their playoff chances for the next 4-5 years.
If you trade Earl you might as well trade Wags too. If you are going young on defense, do it, and get the most for your biggest chip while his value is at its highest, and you get rid of one of your biggest upcoming contracts in the process, plus you’d speed up the rebuild on both sides of the ball tremendously.

A-Dog

Reaction score
original poster":10bmbt99 said:

I would do that, but I'd try to get them to throw in a 3rd rounder as well.

At #4 we'd have at least one of Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, or Fitzpatrick, all of whom are super talented and would fit needs for Seattle.

It's highly unlikely though, because any team that trades for Earl would want the player to first agree to an extension, and I doubt he'd be excited to go to Cleveland.

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":357ghfgt said:
Come on Dallas, if you wanna' "come and get him" throw us a 1st and one of your O Lineman.

It would be either or. Not both. That’s not realistic.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1f6bfph8 said:
NJlargent":1f6bfph8 said:
Seymour":1f6bfph8 said:

If you trade Earl you might as well trade Wags too. If you are going young on defense, do it, and get the most for your biggest chip while his value is at its highest, and you get rid of one of your biggest upcoming contracts in the process, plus you’d speed up the rebuild on both sides of the ball tremendously.

That makes zero sense. Have you considered Wagner wants to be here and Earl doesn't care and doesn't buy in anymore?
4-5 years? Wow. We were in the playoffs in 2 years after Pete got here. :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":90i22g33 said:
Sports Hernia":90i22g33 said:
NJlargent":90i22g33 said:
Seymour":90i22g33 said:

That makes zero sense. Have you considered Wagner wants to be here and Earl doesn't care and doesn't buy in anymore?

It actually makes a lot of sense if you are rebuilding the defense which if you trade Earl that’s what you are essentially doing.
It has nothing to do with Bobby wanting to be here but what value he’d bring back in a trade.

Though, I’d prefer to keep Earl and Bobby.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2h0ewyq0 said:
Seymour":2h0ewyq0 said:
Sports Hernia":2h0ewyq0 said:
NJlargent":2h0ewyq0 said:

It actually makes a lot of sense if you are rebuilding the defense which if you trade Earl that’s what you are essentially doing.
It has nothing to do with Bobby wanting to be here but what value he’d bring back in a trade.

Though, I’d prefer to keep Earl and Bobby.

It has everything to do with it. The only reason you trade Earl to begin with is you lost his interest and support here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yzqtd2d said:
NJlargent":1yzqtd2d said:
Seymour":1yzqtd2d said:

Why does it have to be either or?

Why can't you build another defense with Earl and Bobby? It's about who you want in your long range plans, and both Earl and Bobby can still play at a high level for another 3-4 years.

So if we can fit them under the cap with extensions this year and next, it makes sense to have them as your cornerstone defensive players and build around them.

I also thin Earl is gone, because he wants 15M a year, and unless it's a short term 1-2 year deal, no way John and Pete give him another 4-5 year monster deal with an escalating salary STARTING at 15M.

Latest posts