• Making the Superbowl

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Winning the Superbowl

Votes: 100 75.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kearly

Reaction score
If this question were asked before the season it would be "SB or bust" without a doubt. But after all that's happened this year, I'm fine with moral victories. There was a point in the season where Seattle's playoff odds were under 30%. The fact that Seattle saved face after what began as a disaster season is enough for me. Everything else is gravy.

Seattle is #1 in weighted DVOA by a good margin so I should probably be more cocky, but whichever team comes out of the NFC East is going to have a hot passing offense. The possibility of a wildcard trip to Lambeau is still a danger, and while you'd feel pretty good about a trip to Minnesota, they'd benefit a lot from the tape of the previous game and unlike the previous meeting the Seahawks would be without Thomas Rawls.

To win a SB, Seattle has to survive a wildcard game against a dangerous opponent, then they have to win (probably as underdogs) in three games after that.

I'm also nervous about how much Seattle is depending on Wilson to play out of his mind on 3rd downs. Seattle is unstoppable right now but the 3rd down dominance is definitely a hot streak. If that hot streak dries up, and Seattle goes from converting 65% of 3rd downs the past five weeks to a league average number around 40%, will they still have enough bullets to win shootouts against ALL OF the Panthers, Cardinals or Patriots? Even with Seattle being such a hot team, Nate Silver still only gives them a 7% chance to win it all.

Wilson is playing perfect football right now. I think he can get another ring this year, but it will require him to keep up the perfection for quite a while longer.

RussB

Reaction score
Got to win the SB after how the last one went down. Even better if we beat the pats in the SB again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My preseason expectations haven't changed.

This team had and still has the talent to win rings, and only rings will be satisfactory to me.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This team is still in its Super Bowl window for at least 2-3 more years. Anything less than a ring is a lost season and missed opportunity.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Running game isnt in shambles. It just lacks a bonafide workhorse.

125 @ Bal
180 vs CLE

If Russ continues to play at an elite level passer and the Seahawks dial up more read option for him. That is only going to scare opposing defenses a lot more.

A QB who can throw 10 ypa and get 7 ypc on the ground is scary. Russ will carry this team.

For me its NFC CG or bust but im still proud if they dont advance farther than the Divisional round... A lot of things went against the Seahawks this season... Just showing the resilency to bounce back from 0-2, 2-4 is enough for me.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2e1j3cf7 said:
Are you guys only going to be happy with a Superbowl win or is the fact that we made the play offs enough for a succesful season?

Looking at our situation this year I'll be happy with making the divisional round. There was lots of drama, we lost our new star TE and our running game is in shambles. I think we have a good shot at SB50 but I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't make it.

Defeatist.

I will be PISSED if this team fails to win the Super Bowl this season.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I started the season thinking Superbowl or bust after back to back apperences in the big game, then they picked up Graham and had a solid draft and they should have been getting back some decent players off IR in mid season (Richardson, Lane, Coyle, etc) and you have a pretty decent cast. Add in the fact that Rawls was lights out when Lynch went out and I really still had high hopes. Honestly the only two things I thought could hold this team back to start the year was the O-line, and it was for about 8 or 9 weeks and the change at DC (for the 3rd time in 4 years) which wasn't as big.

So with all that said and after all the injuries and no home playoff games (more than likely) I will say..... I'm still at Superbowl or bust. The offense is playing at an elite level over the last 5+ weeks and the defense is playing better now that the offense is sustaining drives and keeping them fresher for the end of games. If they can draw the Skins or Eagles in the wildcard and possibly draw the Panthers (the weaker of the two of them and the Cards in my book) in round two and you may get the ideal championship game against a team you have seen two times already this season and a team you know you can beat if you play your game. After that all bets are off, but I still think they can run the table in the playoffs, but it will be tough with all the injuries, but my thought might change if the offense slips a bit before the playoffs, these next two games should be interesting.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Boys,

Accept our winning standards please. Anything less than a SuperBowl is a lost season. I'm serious. We have more then enough talent to overcome all the odds and hit the road firing. If we lose, so be it. But it's SuperBowl or bust.

chris98251

Reaction score
Going and winning it the hard way will be a great way to rub the faces of the NFL League office and schedulers in a big pile of poo.

We win and all our flights will re routed thru China next year.

brettb3

Reaction score
kearly":10wdh5kt said:
If this question were asked before the season it would be "SB or bust" without a doubt. But after all that's happened this year, I'm fine with moral victories. There was a point in the season where Seattle's playoff odds were under 30%. The fact that Seattle saved face after what began as a disaster season is enough for me. Everything else is gravy.

Seattle is #1 in weighted DVOA by a good margin so I should probably be more cocky, but whichever team comes out of the NFC East is going to have a hot passing offense. The possibility of a wildcard trip to Lambeau is still a danger, and while you'd feel pretty good about a trip to Minnesota, they'd benefit a lot from the tape of the previous game and unlike the previous meeting the Seahawks would be without Thomas Rawls.

To win a SB, Seattle has to survive a wildcard game against a dangerous opponent, then they have to win (probably as underdogs) in three games after that.

I'm also nervous about how much Seattle is depending on Wilson to play out of his mind on 3rd downs. Seattle is unstoppable right now but the 3rd down dominance is definitely a hot streak. If that hot streak dries up, and Seattle goes from converting 65% of 3rd downs the past five weeks to a league average number around 40%, will they still have enough bullets to win shootouts against ALL OF the Panthers, Cardinals or Patriots? Even with Seattle being such a hot team, Nate Silver still only gives them a 7% chance to win it all.

Wilson is playing perfect football right now. I think he can get another ring this year, but it will require him to keep up the perfection for quite a while longer.
Wilson playing perfect football has enabled Seattle to blowout their opponents. I think if he's merely very good, they can beat anyone. Unless you just have zero faith in this defense to slow down the better offenses they'll have to face.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I won't be happy unless we win the Superbowl, but any year in which you make the playoffs is a good year. Looking back on it I'll consider this season a good one no matter how the remainder plays out. It'll just take me a year or two to come to terms with it.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I expect to win 1 playoff game

I will be satisfied if we can win a 2nd

I will be happy if we make the SB with a 3rd win

I will be ecstatic if we win another SB

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3byluygb said:
We've gotten to the point where anything less than a ring can't be considered successful. Especially in a year we didn't even win our own division.

Yup. This is our Super Bowl window. Anything less than a ring isn't good enough. And the players on the Seahawks would say the same thing.

We can be glad they made the playoffs and accomplished some good things, but this team is too talented to accept anything less than a championship in their prime.

hannibalking

Reaction score
I just wanted to see my team win one Superbowl and I was pretty easy going about getting another one after that happened, but after we lost it last year in the worst possible way the hunger for another one is back. So Superbowl or bust.

Latest posts