What team do you have an irrational hate for?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ffgnd72 said:
Rex":3ffgnd72 said:
chris98251":3ffgnd72 said:
Wow we have been the dominant team in the NFC West since 2000, but only good three years. Ok you have great credibility.

Well lets take a look.

Dominant team you say? Since 2000 in the NFC west?

2000 Saints
2001 Rams
2002 49ers
2003 Rams
2004 Seahawks (one game ahead of Rams and lost 3 times to Rams)
2005 Seahawks
2006 Seahawks (one game ahead of Rams)
2007 Seahawks
2008 Cardinals
2009 Cardinals
2010 Seahawks (tied with Rams)
2011 49ers
2012 49ers
2013 Seahawks (one game ahead of 49ers)
2014 Seahawks (one game ahead of Cardinals)

You get more divisional titles by the skin on your teeth than any other team. Out of 7 division titles only 2 were dominant teams.

Based on this argument, the 05 Seahawks, who won the division by a whopping 7 games, are the best team this division has produced in the last 15 seasons. But teams don't play in a vacuum, and it could easily be argued the only reason those Seahawks were so dominant was because the Rams, Cards and 49ers were so awful. In fact, I would point out that season, the West went 14-24 outside the division, and 1/2 those wins were the Seahawks. Meanwhile, you point out in 2013 that we won the division by a single, solitary game. But the division went a whopping 30-10 against everyone else that year, with even the 7-9 Rams pulling a 6-4 record against non-west opponents. That Seattle team was much more battle tested, because they played real competion, but still finished with the same record. And once they got past San Francisco, they throttled Denver because they had experience. I will take winning the division by 1 game over winning by 7 any day of the week. Besides, in the immortal words of Dom Torretto: It doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile.

Winning's winning.

Rams fans count moral victories, not actual ones. Moral victories are the only victories that exist for them this century.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Took a while to come around to the Irrational part of the hate. But Now I think I got it. The old hate was for Denver because I only had their games while the hawks were on. Maybe I am still harboring some of that irrational hate......maybe. I think they are a decent team but have way way WACKO fans. A semi-friend here is one.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":3igrls3r said:
Maulbert":3igrls3r said:
Rex":3igrls3r said:
chris98251":3igrls3r said:
Wow we have been the dominant team in the NFC West since 2000, but only good three years. Ok you have great credibility.

Well lets take a look.

Dominant team you say? Since 2000 in the NFC west?

2000 Saints
2001 Rams
2002 49ers
2003 Rams
2004 Seahawks (one game ahead of Rams and lost 3 times to Rams)
2005 Seahawks
2006 Seahawks (one game ahead of Rams)
2007 Seahawks
2008 Cardinals
2009 Cardinals
2010 Seahawks (tied with Rams)
2011 49ers
2012 49ers
2013 Seahawks (one game ahead of 49ers)
2014 Seahawks (one game ahead of Cardinals)

You get more divisional titles by the skin on your teeth than any other team. Out of 7 division titles only 2 were dominant teams.

Based on this argument, the 05 Seahawks, who won the division by a whopping 7 games, are the best team this division has produced in the last 15 seasons. But teams don't play in a vacuum, and it could easily be argued the only reason those Seahawks were so dominant was because the Rams, Cards and 49ers were so awful. In fact, I would point out that season, the West went 14-24 outside the division, and 1/2 those wins were the Seahawks. Meanwhile, you point out in 2013 that we won the division by a single, solitary game. But the division went a whopping 30-10 against everyone else that year, with even the 7-9 Rams pulling a 6-4 record against non-west opponents. That Seattle team was much more battle tested, because they played real competion, but still finished with the same record. And once they got past San Francisco, they throttled Denver because they had experience. I will take winning the division by 1 game over winning by 7 any day of the week. Besides, in the immortal words of Dom Torretto: It doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile.

Winning's winning.

Rams fans count moral victories, not actual ones. Moral victories are the only victories that exist for them this century.

Wrong again. January 30, 2000 Super Bowl XXXIV. :0190l:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":2whf8shp said:
rideaducati":2whf8shp said:

That was before you were out of diapers. Too bad you missed it.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2o7wt86q said:
Rex":2o7wt86q said:
rideaducati":2o7wt86q said:

My Super Bowl ticket contradicts that! :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":10pvrehl said:
rideaducati":10pvrehl said:
Rex":10pvrehl said:
rideaducati":10pvrehl said:

My Super Bowl ticket contradicts that! :th2thumbs:

Yeah, right.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hate the Broncos. And now that HorseFace is running the team, my hate has been renewed. Watching him look like he got the taste of turd in his mouth at 48 will always make up for the years growing up in Bronco country. I am truly happy he runs the team, it has renewed my mostly extinguished sports hate.

I strongly dislike the entire NFC East. Skins, Eagles, Giants, Boys. Hate em all. Probably because when ESPN is not slobbering on the Pats, they are slobbering on the NFC East. Which is weird, I don't really hate the Pats. I do thing julian Edelman should get run over by a truck, but he is the only one I really don't like.

253hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qzs3ogv said:
Not lately, but back in the 80's I used to hate the Braves for no other reason than because they were literally the only team on TV every night because of TNT showing all their games...........so I got sick of Skip Carey's drone and watching a crappy ass Dale Murphy led Braves team get stomped in a half empty stadium.

I hated them, too. And for whatever reason, almost every kid in high school in the 90's had a Braves hat. Washington is weird. What else was popular...Hurricanes, Hoyas, Packers, White Sox (because you could black out the part where the S and O meet so it looks like SEX,) Yankees, Cowboys, Raiders, Falcons, Hornets, Bulls, and the Tarheels. Only people that actually followed sports wore anything different.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Mine has always been the 49ers because I grew up a Rams fan but have also developed a very good hatred for the Cowboys.

kearly

Reaction score
My Steelers hate has almost completely melted away, but they still lead the clubhouse for me. Antonio Brown has made them a fun team to watch the last couple years, which dims the hate further.

I've always liked the Broncos, but in a 'frenemies' kind of way. I root for them in the playoffs, but love watching them lose in the regular season so that I can rib my broncos fan friends.

I don't like Jeff Fisher, so I root for the Rams to lose so that he can get fired ASAP.

I have nothing against the Patriots, but I do wish their division wouldn't roll over dead every year. And their fans are some of the worst in the sport, showing zero passion on game days and then going truther-mode on deflate-gate. I actually feel bad for the Pats fans who didn't succumb to that insanity since all the idiot fans are poisoning the well for the smart fans too, but finding reasonable pats fans during these days of deflate-gate is no easy task. They are shockingly few in number.

That plus Edelman is annoying and obnoxious. He is not as good as he thinks he is.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I had an irrational hatred for the Patriots for years before XLIX.

Redskins, too but that might be sensible. I also hate Tampa Bay. No idea why.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Pissburrrgh. I hate 'em, I just hate 'em.

Saints. Stop yelling "who dat". Its not cool. Sounds stupid.