What you liked in 2015 that you're hoping to see in 2016

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RW passing from the pocket and being effective. DB looking like a Pro Bowl WR. Rawls looking like an AP RB.

McGruff

Reaction score
Tical21":cvhc7ytp said:
MizzouHawkGal":cvhc7ytp said:
I didn't like a thing from last year except the leash being loosened on Wilson. Other than that it was a bad year. Possibly classicically in some definitions. Continue letting Wilson be the face of this team. It will pay off big time.
I kind of want to have my cake and eat it too. I want the best and most efficient Wilson possible, but I think the single biggest reason we were subpar last season is because we didn't run as often or as well as previous seasons. Some teams were able to beat us in our phone booth, and when that happens, if your entire persona is built on the platform of being tougher than the other team, you're going to lose both games and confidence. It is great to know Russell can light it up if we need him to, but if he only throws the ball 16 times in a game, we probably won that game big, and physically beat the crap out of the other team in the process, which gives our particular team a lot more swagger than we would get by throwing the ball around the yard.

Just as a point of information we ran the ball 2 times less per games in 2015 then we did in our season high in 2012.

2 less carries a game. That's it.

Oh, and we still ran the ball more than we passed it. So much for flinging it around.

Tical21

Reaction score
McGruff":282dtiof said:
Tical21":282dtiof said:
MizzouHawkGal":282dtiof said:
I didn't like a thing from last year except the leash being loosened on Wilson. Other than that it was a bad year. Possibly classicically in some definitions. Continue letting Wilson be the face of this team. It will pay off big time.
I kind of want to have my cake and eat it too. I want the best and most efficient Wilson possible, but I think the single biggest reason we were subpar last season is because we didn't run as often or as well as previous seasons. Some teams were able to beat us in our phone booth, and when that happens, if your entire persona is built on the platform of being tougher than the other team, you're going to lose both games and confidence. It is great to know Russell can light it up if we need him to, but if he only throws the ball 16 times in a game, we probably won that game big, and physically beat the crap out of the other team in the process, which gives our particular team a lot more swagger than we would get by throwing the ball around the yard.

Just as a point of information we ran the ball 2 times less per games in 2015 then we did in our season high in 2012.

Oh, and we still ran the ball more than we passed it. So much for flinging it around.
Dangit, I was kinda hoping that wasn't going to be the case. Really kinda hurts my argument.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham being a big factor in the passing/run blocking game.

Thomas Rawls going beast in the running game.

Offensive line stability (ie. not too much shuffling around, injury-free as much as possible)

LOB being back their usual self (ie. laying the boom, grabbing interceptions, forcing fumbles, etc)

#1 Passing Defense, #1 Overall Defense, #1 Scoring Defense, #1 Interceptions

Lockett and P Rich burning opposing secondaries all day

McGruff

Reaction score
Laloosh":2prd25mo said:
Curious to hear about something that you saw from the team in 2015 that you hope to see carry over into 2016. You can only pick ONE thing. If you pick more than one thing, you're a terrible human being.

I am going to go with how to make teams pay when they blitz. Some defenses really teed off on us last year until we found the short passing game.

You?

Just thought I'd highlight this portion of the OP.

:lol:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
McGruff":1o7wigsg said:
Laloosh":1o7wigsg said:
You can only pick ONE thing. If you pick more than one thing, you're a terrible human being.

Just thought I'd highlight this portion of the OP.

:lol:

But we already knew this place is crawling with terrible human beings. ;)

:sarcasm_off:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Me and the OP sharing a brain. Lots more short pass game. Lots less classic play action.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Tical21":1ojf42dk said:
McGruff":1ojf42dk said:
Tical21":1ojf42dk said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ojf42dk said:

Dangit, I was kinda hoping that wasn't going to be the case. Really kinda hurts my argument.

Yeah, but not having a healthy Marshawn sure made it feel different so I agree we didn't run it as well as other seasons. It was just a different identity.

rjdriver

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3s40dvu6 said:

I agree the whole year had a bit of a downer feel to it starting with the hangover, uncertainty of Wilson's contract, then the holdout coupled with Beast's injuries. We were SOOO high the last few years that anything less than exceptional seemed like a low.

That being said, I think MHG's post encapsulates how amazing it is to be a Seahawks fan right now. 10-6 and a playoff win is a downer for many of us. Wasn't long ago (or maybe it was), that I was so excited to break .500 and dream about an actual playoff appearance. The 90's are a distant memory with this team.

Back on target, I'm hoping that Jimmy can find a way to contribute at the end of the year like he was just starting to before his injury.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Wilson taking less of the responsibility for making plays and trusting in the people around him to make plays for him.

When he stopped holding the ball waiting for wide-open targets and let his guys compete for the ball, sacks went down, completions went up, and the offense fired.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I liked how we (finally) went to some spread concepts in the passing game, with much quicker reads and releases (yup, this goes hand in hand with Laloosh's short passing game to beat the blitz comment).

It's not that I hope to see more of it this season, but I'd like to see us go to it more quickly if our new OL ends up needing more time to season like the first half of last year. I'd also like to see us go to it vs. certain unfavorable matchups (LA Rams) and just to mix things up a bit. Maybe start out in spread in the first quarter, then go to a more power run game the last half of the 2nd. Then come out from half time spread out again. Then run the 4th quarter in ball control power run game with PA passes over the top when available.

Teams wouldn't know what is hitting them.