When the time comes, will Russ signing an one day contract to retire as a Seahawk?

Retire as a Seahawk?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 84.8%

• Total voters

bigskydoc

Reaction score
There is a big difference between toeing the NFL company line, like most players and execs do, and what Russ does. If you can't see it, then shysters, like Russ, are going to keep taking advantage of you, with their manipulation and covert contracts.

Own The West

Reaction score
Of course he will. These were (and will be) the best years of his career. His dead cap will be $12M in 2027, and $4M in 2028 against $44M and $50M salary. I doubt he sees either of those years. He might kick around the league for a few more years after that, but the party's over. He's already peaked. He'll want to go back to where he was a hero once and not just "a waste of $250M".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nope he’s gonna pull a hutch. I don’t blame him. Look how the fans, media and Pete and Jodi are treating him.
Yeah, Poor, Poor Russ' EGO must be in a $370+Million-dollar SHAMBLES.
Kind of gives one a lump in the throat, makes ya tear up some too, eh? LOLOLOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rat
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Time heals, by the time Russ retires, most on .net would be ready to embrace him again and cheered on his one day contract. Especially if the Hawks aren't successful in the coming years. At this point, our emotions are still raw from being dump by our idol, perhaps this is the wrong time to ask if he will sign a one day contract.

My bad.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Anyone honestly cares to see Wilson retire a Seahawk?

I prefer Marshawn over Wilson.

Wilson has always been about “his” legacy.

Always a me first player and will always be.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
We have to acknowledge too though that PC will also probably be gone when that time comes. Give it enough time between all this drama and when this would come about, and who knows what will happen.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If you take an honest look back and remember how you felt when Sherm left, did you expect him to be back around the team this soon? He went to a hated division rival, there was a lot of fans lashing out, and there were articles coming out about him too (kumbaya anyone?).
I never felt unhappy about, or slighted by, Sherman going to the Niners. It was a business decision, and, if there was any sort of FU to the Hawks, it was somewhat deserved. I feel the same about Wagz, and here is why.

When an untold number, of hot, young, heir-apparent, cornerbacks joined the team, did Sherman throw a fit? No. He hyped them up on social media (Tharold Simon comes to mind). He pushed them to excel. He always welcomed the competition to make both the Hawks, and himself, better. To be the best, you have to beat out the best. He was unceremoniously cut when his body started to break down.

When Brooks was drafted, did we ever get an inkling that Wagner was unhappy about it? Did his camp ever try to drum up a "let Wagner cook" campaign? No. By all accounts, he welcomed the competition, with open arms, and helped the youngster adapt to the NFL. He was unceremoniously cut when he was no longer the best option for the Hawks.

When Russ got an inkling that they were merely scouting potential competition, he saw it as a threat (Good argument that he doesn't truly believe in himself as much as he professes to.) His camp conjured up a publicity campaign. The Hawks bent over backwards to keep Russ happy (maybe they could have done more to improve the line), but it was never enough. This is a huge contrast to the way they treated Sherm, and Wagz, after they proved to be consummate team mates and team first players.

Russ is, was, and always has been a "me first" player, who only pretended to believe in himself, and pretended to be a team first guy. Sherm and Wagz were consummate professionals and competitors. That's why I'm not suprised to see Sherman back with the team, now that the phony is gone. I would happily see Sherm and Wagz sign one day contracts with the Hawks, while wishing good riddance to Mr Limited.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I never felt unhappy about, or slighted by, Sherman going to the Niners. It was a business decision, and, if there was any sort of FU to the Hawks, it was somewhat deserved. I feel the same about Wagz, and here is why.

When an untold number, of hot, young, heir-apparent, cornerbacks joined the team, did Sherman throw a fit? No. He hyped them up on social media (Tharold Simon comes to mind). He pushed them to excel. He always welcomed the competition to make both the Hawks, and himself, better. To be the best, you have to beat out the best. He was unceremoniously cut when his body started to break down.

When Brooks was drafted, did we ever get an inkling that Wagner was unhappy about it? Did his camp ever try to drum up a "let Wagner cook" campaign? No. By all accounts, he welcomed the competition, with open arms, and helped the youngster adapt to the NFL. He was unceremoniously cut when he was no longer the best option for the Hawks.

When Russ got an inkling that they were merely scouting potential competition, he saw it as a threat (Good argument that he doesn't truly believe in himself as much as he professes to.) His camp conjured up a publicity campaign. The Hawks bent over backwards to keep Russ happy (maybe they could have done more to improve the line), but it was never enough. This is a huge contrast to the way they treated Sherm, and Wagz, after they proved to be consummate team mates and team first players.

Russ is, was, and always has been a "me first" player, who only pretended to believe in himself, and pretended to be a team first guy. Sherm and Wagz were consummate professionals and competitors. That's why I'm not suprised to see Sherman back with the team, now that the phony is gone. I would happily see Sherm and Wagz sign one day contracts with the Hawks, while wishing good riddance to Mr Limited.
your best post yet! bravo.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I wonder what his one day contract would look like? 10 million fully guaranteed, some fancy spring water in a bucket with exactly 12 ice cubes and some frozen milky ways with the wrappers removed and folded perfectly next to each one, and maybe some lamb skinned gloves so that his pretty hands don't chafe whilst patting himself on the back.

Torc

Reaction score
I think it really does depend on what happens over the next few years. If he wins multiple super bowls with the broncos, his post-career focus will be all about them. If he tears his ACL this year and never really fully comes back from it, it'll be all about his Seahawk career. If he has tons of statistical success with the Broncos but no championships, I could see it going either way.

How's that for a non-answer to the OP? :p

Seahawker

Reaction score
I wonder what his one day contract would look like? 10 million fully guaranteed, some fancy spring water in a bucket with exactly 12 ice cubes and some frozen milky ways with the wrappers removed and folded perfectly next to each one, and maybe some lamb skinned gloves so that his pretty hands don't chafe whilst patting himself on the back.
Now that isn't fair to RW and is just a gross exaggeration. His new Bronco contract pays him 2.4M a game, so a one day 10M contract to retire a Hawk is just hyperbole. LOL.

Rat

Reaction score
He'll get the Shaun Alexander treatment. They'll shoehorn him into something like the flag raising, he'll get tepid applause with a spattering of boos, and everyone will continue to credit his Seahawks accomplishments to other players.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Ring of Honor… KJ Wright

Nothing but class, on and off the field.