• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2lfu2dki said:
massari":2lfu2dki said:
HawkFan72":2lfu2dki said:
With how stubborn Kam is being, I'm starting to think he shows up to play the final 6 games so he can accrue a "full season" of service and get a year knocked off his contract. That will give him more leverage when he does the same thing next year.

But he still wouldn't get paid for the missed 10 games, right?
Depends, the Seahawks could waive the fees it if they so desire, however I'm inclined to believe that Pete Carroll, and Schneider are going to play hardball. Kam Chancellor has no leverage here, he's playing a fools game. The Seahawks don't have to waive the fines, and they don't have to pay him for missing games. That money is only going to fly out of his pocket, and the more time that goes by, the more money he is going to lose.

I do not understand what his 'end game' is here. He's got everything to lose, and very little to gain under the current CBA rules. It's like buying stocks in ENRON, or having Bernie Madoff as your stock broker.

If he doesn't report until Week 11 .. there's no way they waive those fines.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Forgive me for a stupid question, but if Kam is traded (and, no I sure don't want that) what guarantees that he will get a new contract? Isn't that up to the receiving team? And besides, with 53-man rosters set, what team has decent cap room anyway?

Don't cave JS/PC.

massari

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3qx00cqb said:
tdlabrie":3qx00cqb said:
Forgive me for a stupid question, but if Kam is traded (and, no I sure don't want that) what guarantees that he will get a new contract? Isn't that up to the receiving team? And besides, with 53-man rosters set, what team has decent cap room anyway?

Don't cave JS/PC.

This is basically why he won't be traded. Any team looking to get him would have to first cough up some ridiculous draft pick compensation, then they'll have to re-do his contract and make him one of the highest paid safeties in the game. Most teams won't want to do that. At this point it's just pride more than anything else that's hurting Kam. He just needs to come back, apologize to his teammates and get to work. I hope he does.

Percy Harvin.

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":24z57gwa said:
peachesenregalia":24z57gwa said:
tdlabrie":24z57gwa said:

Don't cave JS/PC.

This is basically why he won't be traded. Any team looking to get him would have to first cough up some ridiculous draft pick compensation, then they'll have to re-do his contract and make him one of the highest paid safeties in the game. Most teams won't want to do that. At this point it's just pride more than anything else that's hurting Kam. He just needs to come back, apologize to his teammates and get to work. I hope he does.

Percy Harvin.

A little different. Harvin only had one year left on his rookie deal when the Seahawks traded for him making a new deal necessary. Kam has three years of club control left.

45Hawker

Reaction score
The only statement I've heard from Kam's agent is that he needs his contract "addressed" before he will report. "Addressed". That could mean many different things - and none of us know what he really wants, nor his rationale.

I understand the speculation on a discussion forum, but there are a lot of comments on what Kam is doing/feeling/thinking that I think are unfair given the lack of facts. The NFL is a business, and Kam is making a business decision that he thinks is good for him. Nothing wrong with that. It appears he has little leverage and little chance of getting the contract addressed, so I do question his business intelligence.

I don't know Kam, but he seems like a honest guy with integrity - a hard worker that is dedicated to his profession. A leader. I don't think he's selfish, hiding an injury, letting his teammates down, nor should he be traded to a crappy team as revenge.

I'm hoping Kam and the team can find a mutually beneficial compromise. If he returns, it'll be fun to watch the fans that are blasting Kam now to suddenly jump back on the Kam-wagon. I suggest staying calm and reasoned so you won't be labeled a "Kamwagoner" later... :p

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep checking in here waiting to see a post from someone saying Kam is back.

I never thought this would happen. I at least thought he would be back after a week or two of holding out. He's losing a lot of fans at this rate. Very sad.

Decimation

Reaction score
Aros":3dkgw5ko said:
I keep checking in here waiting to see a post from someone saying Kam is back.

I never thought this would happen. I at least thought he would be back after a week or two of holding out. He's losing a lot of fans at this rate. Very sad.
Story of my life. I check back on this post almost every hour hopefully to hear good news and his return to the team, but nope. Can't believe of all players this is coming from a former defensive leader. He's losing so much respect from everyone involved with the organization and even the fans to put his team in a position like this.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Kam always came across as a pretty bright guy, and seemed genuine.
To do this, at this time, just makes no sense.
He knows the team is up against the cap, he knows hes being paid second highest at his position.
He has to know he looks selfish, and is compromising the team.
I've lost a lot of respect for him, even though I know that doesn't matter.
But more importantly, I think he is losing the respect of his teammates...
What was it Earl said about 'Having' to be out there to help the team?
I think that was a shot at Kam...
And that isn't good.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Russell Hartness ‏@RussellHartness 3h3 hours ago
Kam Chancellor confirmed will miss week 1 vs Rams. Not expected anytime soon. Could sit entire season #Seahawks

Not sure what their sources are but someone retweeted this on Twitter.

endzorn

Reaction score
The original reason I signed up for seahawks99.com was to read updates on Joey Galloway's holdout and now I'm checking .NET looking for news on Chancellors holdout. Hopefully this isn't as contemptuous.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Less than 1/2 of the respondents to the survey in this thread still have a chance to be right. It will go down to 28% if he holds out past this Sunday, which now seems more likely.

Many hopes are being disappointed, including mine. This is getting sad.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/641682761208725504[/tweet]

G-Money

Reaction score
This is so damn frustrating on so many levels...................hate it!!

jblaze

Reaction score
Guy always talked about loving his brothers and playing for the guy next to him as ultimate motivation. Now he's hanging his team, teammates and fans out to dry.

Hypocrit.

He was my favorite seahawk before this but no more. Time to buy a new jersey.

Also not looking forward to explaining this to my young children on Sunday why their favorite player is not on the field.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I was wrong . . . I thought he would be back by today. It makes me think that, although currently healthy, he is worried about his future health. He said he has a torn knee ligament in his knee that has never been corrected by surgery. I think he wants more money on the table to make it worth his while to return to the field. And that probably won't happen, at least beyond what has already been offered.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1bncjbun said:
I was wrong . . . I thought he would be back by today. It makes me think that, although currently healthy, he is worried about his future health. He said he has a torn knee ligament in his knee that has never been corrected by surgery. I think he wants more money on the table to make it worth his while to return to the field. And that probably won't happen, at least beyond what has already been offered.

I agree. I thought for sure he would be back this week.

I am not sure what he hopes to gain from this. If he sits out the season, he gets nothing, and is back to the same situation next year. If he comes back, he at least gets this season in salary paid to him - hurt or not.

Supposedly he was holding out to get more guaranteed money for 2016 & 2017 (which I am doubting right now). His 2015 base salary - $4.5 million - was guaranteed as of Feb. 6, 2015. He is risking forfeiting his last remaining portion of contract that is guaranteed, to get more guaranteed money. If he chooses to sit out the season, he obviously is in a much worse position, and has even less leverage than he currently has - which is very small anyway.

This is absolute lunacy - there HAS to be more going on than just what we have been told.

netskier

Reaction score
I agree with hn2015 that Kam is concerned about his health. I also wonder if the guy above is right who speculated that Kam will play the last six games to accrue a full year of his contract, so he does not lose time reaching free agency.

I wonder if his plan is to maximally protect his body this year by skipping the first ten games, then playing the last six, and then starring in the playoffs. Repeat this next year, or until the team settles. If they don't settle, then enter free agency as Superman, able to leap defensive lines with a single bound.

It has taken me awhile, but I know wonder if this is his plan to maximize his career earnings. It could work. Keep in mind that a hawk in practice ripped his MCL. This strategy is somewhat akin to choosing to be the last soldier to charge out of a group foxhole. The NFL is a business.