Hawk's Injury Rate Is 3x's their opponent's rate.

How many Seahawk's players were actually Injury Report for that week 4 Giants game?

• Only 4 to 6 Seahawk players were listed as injurd on game day!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I absolutely remember visiting the team's website just prior to that Giant's game, checking the Seahawk's Injury Status tab, and finding maybe 4 to 6 players listed on that injury report. What was being reported at that time, did not feel exactly honest to me at the time, and apparently it wasn't.

Most of us already knew that there were at least 5 injuries across the Offensive Line, plus at least 2 Tight Ends not being fully healthy either. So what was the total amount of injured Seahawk's players going into that game? A total of 18 players, or slightly over 39% of their active roster.

The 6 players listed out of action by the NY Giants would only account for 12.5% of their roster being on the injury list for that particular game. Simple math tells me that for some reason, the Seahawk's organization seems to have over 3 times the amount of injured players that their opposition has.

Having an Injury Rate 3 times what your opponent's injury rate is... That is not winning football, and we have all seen this over the course of many years.

Try this yourself, and see if you come up with the same results that I just did:
  • Seahawk's Home Page - Select TEAM in the blue area near the top of the page.
  • Select Injury Report in green, also near the top of the page.
  • Change the drop down menu from Week 6 to Week 4.
  • You will have to scroll down as you count them all, it's not 4 to 6 injured players as previously reported, it's 18 injured players, not counting QB Geno Smith, who was injured during the game (You might remember Geno sat out a series - Drew Lock lead a TD drive).
Or if you want to just jump to it more easily, here is the exact link:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Players show up on that injury report if they have any designation whatsoever during the week. A large amount of these players had zero injury designation on the pre-game report.

You're getting caught up in a clerical thing. Most of these players were fine to play and weren't seriously banged up. It is CERTAINLY not correct that Seattle is "3x more injured than their opponents."

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Players show up on that injury report if they have any designation whatsoever during the week. A large amount of these players had zero injury designation on the pre-game report.

You're getting caught up in a clerical thing. Most of these players were fine to play and weren't seriously banged up. It is CERTAINLY not correct that Seattle is "3x more injured than their opponents."
Really?

Then you tell me how how about you telling me how many of them finished that game?

I'm thinking about 7 out of the 18 listed above?

You're welcome to deny it, but it's still a problem, and one that has become too big to ignore anymore.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Really?

Then you tell me how how about you telling me how many of them finished that game?

I'm thinking about 7 out of the 18 listed above?

You're welcome to deny it, but it's still a problem, and one that has become too big to ignore anymore.
Yes, really. Almost all of them finished the game. Jamal got kicked in the head, which is not a failure on the organizations part. Jarran got kicked in the shin and will likely be just fine. Other than that, the majority of those players were full participants in practice and played without an injury designation.

Again, you're getting caught up in clerical particulars here. The Seahawks are not, in reality, thrice as injured as the Giants.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Yes, really. Almost all of them finished the game. Jamal got kicked in the head, which is not a failure on the organizations part. Jarran got kicked in the shin and will likely be just fine. Other than that, the majority of those players were full participants in practice and played without an injury designation.

Again, you're getting caught up in clerical particulars here. The Seahawks are not, in reality, thrice as injured as the Giants.
Maelstrom787,

You are welcome to lie to your self, but you cannot lie to me!

Players that did not finish (or even play in) that game, a fist hand recollection of the Smash-Up-Derby that was:
  1. Jamal Adams
  2. Tre Brown
  3. Coby Bryant
  4. Artie Burns
  5. Charles Cross
  6. Phil Haynes
  7. Dre Jones (uncertain)
  8. Jarran Reed
  9. Darrell Taylor
  10. Will Dissly
  11. Derek Hall
  12. Noah Fant
  13. Evan Brown (had to switch positions)
Maelstrom, I find you to be more plastic than you are real if you don't acknowledge any of that. I'm not looking for a fight here, but I already done told you how to find this information for yourself in my original post above.

Please, dive deep into that bit of information, and you will find the exact same thing. If you want to go back through the years, you will find the same thing all over again...

Déjà vu

Seems like the Hawk's have been featuring mostly injured players at the start of every season for well over 10 years in a row now. My question is why, and while I can understand that it may happen maybe one year out of every five, why does it continue to be the same long injury list with this team, year after year, with this team in particular?

Now if you can help explain that to me, then we have a conversation, and you cannot offer a reason for it, then we don't have a conversation at all. You keep your head in the sand, and I keep mine sane, but still wondering the reason why...?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Tell us then, all mighty Maelstrom, why were those Seahawk's listed above, out of the game?
Please list your reasons, one by one, same as I just did.

Easy to attack me, but attacking the real problem is a lot harder isn't it?
Good night to ya!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom787,

You are welcome to lie to your self, but you cannot lie to me!

Players that did not finish (or even play in) that game, a fist hand recollection of the Smash-Up-Derby that was:
  1. Jamal Adams
  2. Tre Brown
  3. Coby Bryant
  4. Artie Burns
  5. Charles Cross
  6. Phil Haynes
  7. Dre Jones (uncertain)
  8. Jarran Reed
  9. Darrell Taylor
  10. Will Dissly
  11. Derek Hall
  12. Noah Fant
  13. Evan Brown (had to switch positions)
Maelstrom, I find you to be more plastic than you are real if you don't acknowledge any of that. I'm not looking for a fight here, but I already done told you how to find this information for yourself in my original post above.

Please, dive deep into that bit of information, and you will find the exact same thing. If you want to go back through the years, you will find the same thing all over again...

Déjà vu

Seems like the Hawk's have been featuring mostly injured players at the start of every season for well over 10 years in a row now. My question is why, and while I can understand that it may happen maybe one year out of every five, why does it continue to be the same long injury list with this team, year after year, with this team in particular?

Now if you can help explain that to me, then we have a conversation, and you cannot offer a reason for it, then we don't have a conversation at all. You keep your head in the sand, and I keep mine sane, but still wondering the reason why...?
When did Fant, Dissly, Hall, and Taylor leave the game due to injury? What about Dre'Mont? Where are you getting this information from? Source it, please, because I'm not seeing much to confirm those guys leaving the game and not returning due to injury.

Also, including Brown because he switched positions? Yeah, that's not an injury, guy.

Call me plastic all you want, but the entire premise of this thread seems completely incorrect on several levels

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tell us then, all mighty Maelstrom, why were those Seahawk's listed above, out of the game?

Good night to ya!
Sorry to have hurt your feelings. Wasn't my intention. :)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Good night to ya!
They weren't out of the game. I think you're misinterpreting the report. This isn't a report of what happened in the game. This is a report of players who were either limited or held out of practice during the week leading up to the game.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
When did Fant, Dissly, Hall, and Taylor leave the game due to injury? What about Dre'Mont? Where are you getting this information from? Source it, please, because I'm not seeing much to confirm those guys leaving the game and not returning due to injury.

Also, including Brown because he switched positions? Yeah, that's not an injury, guy.

Call me plastic all you want, but the entire premise of this thread seems completely incorrect on several levels
My information comes from the site mentioned above, which happens to be the Seahawks Official Site. You seem to have some sort of allergy to that information. Until you recognize those numbers (not my own), you seem to be just another detractor.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My information comes from the site mentioned above, which happens to be the Seahawks Official Site. You seem to have some sort of allergy to that information. Until you recognize those numbers (not my own), you seem to be just another detractor.
You are misreading the injury report. This injury report is not from the game. It is from *before the game*.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Seahawks have beginning game one, every season for these last 10 years, in a multiple injury abyss.
I'm tired of it.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seahawks have beginning game one, every season for these last 10 years, in a multiple injury abyss.
I'm tired of it.
Players shouldn't get injured playing a very violent sport?

What do you propose to remedy the situation?

Mick063

Reaction score
Every team does not assess injuries the same.

Similar to reporting Florida Covid data equivalently to New York Covid data. Sometimes, people have their thumbs on the scales (manipulate data) to deceive their constituents into believing that the hazard isn't as great as it really is. Data is commonly manipulated to reinforce an agenda.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

How about our team's injury situation falls to being more closely in line with the opposing team's own injury list(s).
I don't see where that suggestion should be found unreasonable. Do you?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score

I don't know,

Maybe I propose that our players get injured at a less than 3 to 1 injury ratio versus other teams?

Is that so unrealistic to you hockey guy/Lagartixa?

Last edited: