Hawk's Injury Rate Is 3x's their opponent's rate.

How many Seahawk's players were actually Injury Report for that week 4 Giants game?

• Only 4 to 6 Seahawk players were listed as injurd on game day!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
How about our team's injury situation falls to being more closely in line with the opposing team's own injury list(s).
I don't see where that suggestion should be found unreasonable. Do you?
What in your opinion is the underlying issues?
Are our doctors too vigilant in reporting every little thing to the league office?
Are our players insisting on being included on the injury report for sympathy or so they don't have to fully participate in practice?
Are the coaches at fault by working the players too hard or are they complicit by letting the players pull a fast one by faking injuries?
Is it the GM/front office's fault for bringing in players both in the draft & free agency that are not tough enough?
All of the above?
Something else?
Combination of some of the above but also something else?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
What in your opinion is the underlying issues?
Are our doctors too vigilant in reporting every little thing to the league office?
Are our players insisting on being included on the injury report for sympathy or so they don't have to fully participate in practice?
Are the coaches at fault by working the players too hard or are they complicit by letting the players pull a fast one by faking injuries?
Is it the GM/front office's fault for bringing in players both in the draft & free agency that are not tough enough?
All of the above?
Something else?
Combination of some of the above but also something else?
My opinion?

1 - I do believe the team has been far over reaching on the draft boards for many years now, and they have been selecting mostly injured players almost all the time, mostly because they are looking for upside potential in lower rounds.

2 - Problem with that "upside potential in lower rounds" is, we just raise them up to lose them to a different team, after their initial four years are over here in Seattle, they usually move to other teams as free agents.

3 - Seahawk's hid at least a dozen injured players on that initial post of mine above. Hawk's are purposefully being dishonest, and that has really two problems to it; They could be fined for doing it, and also possibly lose future draft picks because of it.

There comes a time where either your word is good, or it's not, and the Hawk's are really pushing that envelope right now.

OpenPassage

Reaction score
My opinion?

1 - I do believe the team has been far over reaching on the draft boards for many years now, and they have been selecting mostly injured players almost all the time, mostly because they are looking for upside potential in lower rounds.

2 - Problem with that "upside potential in lower rounds" is, we just raise them up to lose them to a different team, after their initial four years are over here in Seattle, they usually move to other teams as free agents.

3 - Seahawk's hid at least a dozen injured players on that initial post of mine above. Hawk's are purposefully being dishonest, and that has really two problems to it; They could be fined for doing it, and also possibly lose future draft picks because of it.

There comes a time where either your word is good, or it's not, and the Hawk's are really pushing that envelope right now.

Some real conspiracy theory type stuff wow

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
My opinion?

So, going by #3, you're opinion is JS & PC are blatant cheaters & liars & they'll eventually be outed to the detriment of the team by fines & loss of draft picks? This kinda contradicts #1 & 2 as they imply that we should expect more injuries because they're drafting injury prone players with their "reaches".

Anyway, how do we fix #3 if it's true, which I don't think it is as every team manipulates the practice squad & IL to some extent?

If true, is this better or worse than how many teams cheat/manipulate the salary cap by adding voidable years & other such nonsense that the Seahawks haven't engaged in?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
So, going by #3, you're opinion is JS & PC are blatant cheaters & liars & they'll eventually be outed to the detriment of the team by fines & loss of draft picks? This kinda contradicts #1 & 2 as they imply that we should expect more injuries because they're drafting injury prone players with their "reaches".

Anyway, how do we fix #3 if it's true, which I don't think it is as every team manipulates the practice squad & IL to some extent?

If true, is this better or worse than how many teams cheat/manipulate the salary cap by adding voidable years & other such nonsense that the Seahawks haven't engaged in?
Yep, that's been my observation,

Other teams do not hide their injuries by an over 3:1 ratio likes the Seahawk's have been doing.
Yes, I do believe that the Hawk's will get caught & penalized by the NFL for it.

It's gone on too long now, and now it's become to blatant to hide anymore.

Sorry, I'm not willing to take on further speculation(s) right now. This thread is about Injury Reporting, and I am going to stop & keep it to just that.

I remember a time when all our young drafted players were considered to be healthy coming into their rookies seasons, and this is what I want the team to get back too! That's all I am asking for.

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Hawks have not been hiding any injuries. What you're mentioning is that we've had a lot of players show up on the official injury report during these last few weeks, and listing them on that report is the opposite of hiding them.

Here's how it works if you are curious about the process.

Starting on Wednesday, every team releases a list of players who had injury concerns and whether they practiced. FP = Full Participation, LP = Limited Participation, and DNP = Did Not Participate. They do the same thing on Friday, and then the same thing on Saturday. They also are given a game status projection for the opposing coaching staff to be aware of with the options of Out, Doubtful, and Questionable. Those terms were redefined in 2016; there used to be a Probable term that the NFL deleted. Now, Doubtful means 0-49% and Questionable means 50-99%.

As an example, here is the week 3 Injury Report for the Panthers.
What this means is:
1) Bryce Young had an ankle injury, did not practice at all, and will not play in the game.
2) Justin Houston was limited due to a calf injury, but practiced fully on Friday and is between 50% and 99% likely to play in the game.
3) Burns, Sanders, and Wooten were limited in practice, but practiced fully on Friday and will play in the game.
4) There was a concern about Barno's thigh, but he practiced fully on Wednesday and Thursday and it was no longer a concern. He willl also play in the game.

The point of these official injury reports which every team is required to make public is to raise the overall quality of play because teams can prepare for who they will actually be facing on Sundays. Occasionally teams have been fined if their "game status" column differs too much from what actually happens a large number of times.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I'm confused here... How does having 3x as many players listed on the injury report as the other team constitute as hiding injuries? Wouldn't it logically be the other way around if they are hiding?

On the list with the link you supplied there were only 9 injured on the report going into the game.

What 'injured' players have they been drafting? If your main argument is that the Seahawks are putting out fraudulent injury reports by hiding injuries, then it would make zero sense that they have that many more on the list than other teams.

Since you want this thread to be about injury reporting and the fact that Seattle blatantly lies on it, you are really only providing more data to refute your statements than to support them. This make my head spin so fast I just entered concussion protocol.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
A few thoughts - none of them productive...

#1 - Saying that you're not looking for a fight, right after calling someone "plastic" (along with other incendiary language here) is off-putting. If you want to propose a theory, propose it and discuss it. But, there's a lot of language here that feels out of place.

#2 - Final injury reports simply speaks to the likelihood that a player will be active in the game (or a healthy scratch). Someone with an injury that will not impact their ability to be active on gameday is not likely to be listed on the injury report, even if that injury means that they play hurt, do not play 100%, are on a snap count, or leave early due to that injury. The final injury report/status is simply a predictor of the final and binary distinction of whether the player will be active. The formal NFL definition is: "The Game Status Report is expected to provide clubs and the public with an accurate description of a player’s anticipated availability for the club’s next game" - https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

#3 - The injury reporting in the NFL is flawed. And if you wanted to comment on how teams use the "questionable" or even "doubtful" tags are used, I would agree. But, this is league-wide issue.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
I'm confused here... How does having 3x as many players listed on the injury report as the other team constitute as hiding injuries? Wouldn't it logically be the other way around if they are hiding?

On the list with the link you supplied there were only 9 injured on the report going into the game.

What 'injured' players have they been drafting? If your main argument is that the Seahawks are putting out fraudulent injury reports by hiding injuries, then it would make zero sense that they have that many more on the list than other teams.

Since you want this thread to be about injury reporting and the fact that Seattle blatantly lies on it, you are really only providing more data to refute your statements than to support them. This make my head spin so fast I just entered concussion protocol.
Should we add you to the injury list? Just sayin...
Don't want to get anyone fined.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would like to be compensated for the brain injury induced for reading this thread.

But I will say injuries as demoralizing as they can get are a good way to judge and understand the strength of your roster.

So the Seahawks may or not get healthier but it seems to me they are deep enough to just say next man up and keep fighting.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Cool it on that Maelstrom787 bashing, it’s not necessary.

Injuries happen. Seattle would list a hang nail. If you play pro football, you’re going to get dinged. Live with it.

Remember we are 3-1. I’ll take it.