• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I picked "The week leading up to the first regular season game." Let's see him prove me wrong, and cost himself money and goodwill in the process.

RW92

Reaction score
I predict Kam will be back on Monday. After the cuts on Saturday, depending who is let go there will be extra cap space and Bam Bam and Michael Bennett will get a monetary thank you; everyone will be happy, and this team with its two electrifying rookies (Frank, and Tyler) will start to carve a road to San Francisco. I hope that I'm prophet on this one. We'll just have to wait and see.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if he isnt back for start of reg season start shopping him to the bottom fwellers of the nfl....money is obviously the biggest factor to him so the crap teams can afford to pay him what he wants.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The other thing I am worried about with Kam now is how well he's going to hold up during the season after this hold out. You see so many players get hurt after a holdout because their body simply isn't conditioned properly for the toll of the season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3q6tcg2k said:
The other thing I am worried about with Kam now is how well he's going to hold up during the season after this hold out. You see so many players get hurt after a holdout because their body simply isn't conditioned properly for the toll of the season.

You are correct. We all have seen a player become injured when he is rushed back into the line up after missing TC. However, we must also consider that with the new Player's Agreement, the amount of hitting in TC has been greatly reduced. Yet Kam has missed all of Pre-season as well. If he shows up on Sunday or Monday, I'm sure that he will not see extensive playing time against the Rams.....maybe a 3rd down or so? However....let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I may be way off here but just trying to come up with a solid reason why Kam is still holding out. I was doing some research and saw via the Sportrac.com website that Cary Williams got $7M in guaranteed money on his contract with the Seahawks which is for 3 yr/$18M. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cary-williams/.

Kam's contract was 4yrs/$28M with $7.825M guaranteed. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kam-chancellor/. I'm thinking the guarantee monies that were given to Cary Williams didn't sit well with Kam. Maybe he feels that he was slighted in that respect. From all reports, it's the guaranteed money that Kam is most interested in. Also, Cary is 30 years old and will be 33 at the time his contract runs out. Kam is only 27 and will be 30 when his contract runs out. Based on that, he feels underpaid. So I can see where he's coming from in this respect, sort of. I still think he's going about it in the wrong way. His method is hurting him more because he's losing money the longer he holds out.

massari

Reaction score
Just hope the Seahawks don't cave. They're the ones with the leverage, so it would be disappointing .

massari

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3339nxad said:
I may be way off here but just trying to come up with a solid reason why Kam is still holding out. I was doing some research and saw via the Sportrac.com website that Cary Williams got $7M in guaranteed money on his contract with the Seahawks which is for 3 yr/$18M. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cary-williams/.

Kam's contract was 4yrs/$28M with $7.825M guaranteed. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kam-chancellor/. I'm thinking the guarantee monies that were given to Cary Williams didn't sit well with Kam. Maybe he feels that he was slighted in that respect. From all reports, it's the guaranteed money that Kam is most interested in. Also, Cary is 30 years old and will be 33 at the time his contract runs out. Kam is only 27 and will be 30 when his contract runs out. Based on that, he feels underpaid. So I can see where he's coming from in this respect, sort of. I still think he's going about it in the wrong way. His method is hurting him more because he's losing money the longer he holds out.

If true, yet another reason to hate the Cary Williams contract.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
massari":341yw3ye said:
hawkfan68":341yw3ye said:

You can't compare cornerback contracts to safety contracts especially strong safeties just like you can't with tight ends and outside wide receivers. Totally different positions with totally different expectations, duties and responsibilities. Hence the stark difference in pay scale.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2qb7c6jb said:
massari":2qb7c6jb said:
hawkfan68":2qb7c6jb said:

You can't compare cornerback contracts to safety contracts especially strong safeties just like you can't with tight ends and outside wide receivers. Totally different positions with totally different expectations, duties and responsibilities. Hence the stark difference in pay scale.

You also can't compare contracts now to contracts that were signed two seasons ago. He agreed to this deal! He needs to stop coveting his neighbor's contract and get his butt back on the field before he loses even more money and respect.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2s56i6ln said:
You also can't compare contracts now to contracts that were signed two seasons ago. He agreed to this deal! He needs to stop coveting his neighbor's contract and get his butt back on the field before he loses even more money and respect.

Soooo....what's it going to take to get him back to Virginia Mason Athletic Center? Got any ideas short of a gun?

massari

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2e2mfn7l said:
hawknation2015":2e2mfn7l said:

Soooo....what's it going to take to get him back to Virginia Mason Athletic Center? Got any ideas short of a gun?

When he starts losing money, he'll show up.

massari

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2dviw5a5 said:
massari":2dviw5a5 said:
hawkfan68":2dviw5a5 said:

Yeah, but Kam is younger and considered one of the best at his position. Williams is a journeyman.

Kam is a million times more valuable than Williams, regardless of position.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
massari":19l5u4t0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":19l5u4t0 said:
massari":19l5u4t0 said:
hawkfan68":19l5u4t0 said:

Yeah, but Kam is younger and considered one of the best at his position. Williams is a journeyman.

Kam is a million times more valuable than Williams, regardless of position.

Good point Massari. I think what you posted here is key. He may feel slighted because of he believes his value to the team is higher. He's been here producing for the Seahawks (as a Seahawk) over someone who hasn't proved themselves as a Seahawk. If they had re-signed Maxwell, I believe that Kam Chancellor would be in training camp and there would be no problems (This is just a guess as I have nothing concrete. I don't know Kam personally). Regardless of positions, it comes down to feeling "valued". Kam, from what I hear and seen of him, is extremely principled type of person. He sticks to his principles. For him it may be more of the principle of feeling disrespected or undervalued (his perception).

It's like someone from the outside coming into an organization getting more money than someone who has contributed to the success of the organization for the past several years and is a key component of that success. I think some of the receivers may have had these feelings about Percy Harvin. Harvin proved to be an idiot and caused many of the issues himself, but I can also see some discontent toward him by the rest of the receivers (ADB, Tate) because of he got such a large deal. These guys are nice people but have a lot of ego and pride. Sometimes ego and pride can get the better of them. Not just them, it can happen to all of us. I've been in a similar situation myself where my ego and pride has got the better of me. I didn't handle it well myself. I did learn from it and should that situation arise again, I'll be able to deal with it better.

Williams plays a different position than Kam, true. But the greater group is called LOB. They are an unit. Now you have an outsider entering that unit and he's got as much in guaranteed money as Kam got. This is where the business side of the NFL becomes a bit personal. When emotions take over, thinking logically goes out the window (in most cases). Honestly, I don't really know of a solution to this because the damage between Kam and the Seahawks is already done. Both parties are feeling disrespected in some way. I do hope that Kam remains a Seahawk. I believe he is good guy and does put the team above anything else when he's on the field and playing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
With how stubborn Kam is being, I'm starting to think he shows up to play the final 6 games so he can accrue a "full season" of service and get a year knocked off his contract. That will give him more leverage when he does the same thing next year.

two dog

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1gyih1r3 said:
With how stubborn Kam is being, I'm starting to think he shows up to play the final 6 games so he can accrue a "full season" of service and get a year knocked off his contract. That will give him more leverage when he does the same thing next year.

That tactic may give him more leverage next year but a damn sight less money.
Isn't that what it's about at rock bottom. "Respect" is a code word for money.

Try buying his next BMW with leverage.

Very good observation on your part though.