When will we hold Pete accountable for

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's hilarious how many people think that because we're better than average, it means we shouldn't hope for maximizing our talent. Be happy with what we have!...Why? If Bill Belichick thought that way, he'd have like only two rings at most.

quadsas

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32zy7jdc said:
It's hilarious how many people think that because we're better than average, it means we shouldn't hope for maximizing our talent. Be happy with what we have!...Why? If Bill Belichick thought that way, he'd have like only two rings at most.

Belichick doesn't hope to maximize the talent. He does maximize. We can't keep deadweight on hoping they pan out. And since you mentioned Belichick, he's the quickest to pull the trigger on getting a guy cut or traded. Terrible example

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
If a team loses a one score game does it matter how they got there? With Pete’s “philosophy “ the team is in position to win more times than not. At the end of the day execution of the plan is the difference. I’ve seen many of the solutions offered up here not pan out.

cymatica

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":dol6oexk said:
If a team loses a one score game does it matter how they got there? With Pete’s “philosophy “ the team is in position to win more times than not. At the end of the day execution of the plan is the difference. I’ve seen many of the solutions offered up here not pan out.

Guess you missed the op and linked tweet, along with the entire point of the thread

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
quadsas":z4c3lu4t said:
RolandDeschain":z4c3lu4t said:

Belichick doesn't hope to maximize the talent. He does maximize. We can't keep deadweight on hoping they pan out. And since you mentioned Belichick, he's the quickest to pull the trigger on getting a guy cut or traded. Terrible example

Wait, what? Did you actually read what he posted? He was saying Bill doesn’t think like Pete which is why he consistently wins.

Pete is a stubborn old man, love him, but it’s time to call it quits.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1wxhh076 said:

Pete maximizes effort and minimizes talent. He has always been that way. I like Pete as a motivator but that's about it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
cymatica":3voz7lih said:
Flyingsquad23":3voz7lih said:

Guess you missed the op and linked tweet, along with the entire point of the thread

Holding Pete accountable, got it. None of us here have any ability to hold Pete or any player “accountable “

The link showing three games the Hawks lost by one score, got it. Which is why I asked if it mattered how they got there. I simply contend that the Hawks could put up 30 in the first half and lose the game by one possession, first half scoring whether few or many doesn’t determine the final outcome.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
What I find ironic is that they actually used Lynch with one yard to go on the goal line. Twice. Go figure.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I feel like Pete's will never change his philosophy.. He deeply believes that you need to run the ball to win games.. and you know what, he may be right? But, when you have an all world QB, a below average defense, and a 5th string RB.. I think you need to be adaptable enough to try something different. He is not; he's stubborn and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Russ is so freaking good that if the game is close, he can usually will the team to victory, so running the ball with a decent running game will shorten the game and give the team many chances to win.. but I'd like Pete to let Russ do the 2 minute offense in the 1st quarter, JUST TO SEE, what happens. The Chiefs seem to run a tempo offense every time they get on the field.

TAB420

Reaction score
And if we do come out firing in the first half (Atlanta, Panthers, Vikings) we go into prevent and let them climb back in it. It's like Pete is determined to only coach one half of football.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2d4tk1c1 said:
When will we hold Pete accountable for Conservative first halves?

Seriously, how do "WE" hold Pete accountable? That's mighty big of you and totally filled with delusions of grandeur, which we've come to expect from you.

BHawk28

Reaction score
has Pete ever been questioned about slow starts? he's gotta have some reason to spend an entire half playing conservatively

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":mbmp17fm said:
RolandDeschain":mbmp17fm said:

Pete maximizes effort and minimizes talent. He has always been that way. I like Pete as a motivator but that's about it.

How much talent do you think this team rolled out there tonight?

Top 5 in the NFL talent?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I get it. Knowing going into games that you more than likely won't score more than 10 points in the first half is maddening and it shouldn't happen as often as it does.

The only thing I would caution everyone about it assuming that if we just played the first half like we do in the 2nd half we would automatically score the whole game. This isn't college football where you can run the same shit over and over for 4 quarters and blow someone's doors off. The talent gap in the NFL is too small. Teams rarely get scored on for an entire game consistently. Even our bad defense made some adjustments and slowed GB down and held them to 7 in the 2nd half.

If you're moving up and down the field and scoring in the first half, the other team is gonna make you do something different in the 2nd half. They aren't gonna let you play the same way for an entire game. You're gonna have to effectively counter in order to keep scoring. You guys are making it sound like if we would score 2X as much if we just started running things the way we do in the 2nd half.

As far as why it's so consistently that way, who knows. That is more frustrating to me than the fact that it happens at all. You'd expect it to be closer to a random 50/50 split for how often you score more in the first/second half.

AKSeahawks

Reaction score
Pete's coaching has peaked in his tenure here. He was a great motivator/recruiter with a average game plan. Does his game plan/philosophy work? Sure, running the ball and playing good defense has been effective for the past 100 years, but his in game coaching of taking control of it's play calling is hindering this team/and past teams of reaching their full potential. It's been a trend his whole tenure here.

The only way I see this team progressing is for Russell Wilson and the OC campaigning for full offensive play call.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Do any of you watch the NFL?

The HOU texans went out and put up 24 points on KC and then managed to lose by 20. Games flow crazy all the time and its rare for teams to "play 4 quarters". Teams play Cat and Mouse all the time. One team figures something out and the other team reacts.

We just happen to start slow, figure things out then finish strong more often than not. We played ATL and PHI with big early leads and had them come back furiously. It's the NFL. It's rare you dominate a team all game long.

That being said I'd like the team to start stronger given we are pretty much .500 in one score games over Pete's tenure and like .900 when we have a significant lead at the half.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AKSeahawks":2n6cjtg7 said:
Pete's coaching has peaked in his tenure here. He was a great motivator/recruiter with a average game plan. Does his game plan/philosophy work? Sure, running the ball and playing good defense has been effective for the past 100 years, but his in game coaching of taking control of it's play calling is hindering this team/and past teams of reaching their full potential. It's been a trend his whole tenure here.

The only way I see this team progressing is for Russell Wilson and the OC campaigning for full offensive play call.
Where would you put this teams full potential at for this year?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
When will "we" hold him accountable?
Until we are the owner? Never.
Just imagine being a Green Bay fan and ACTUALLY OWN (part of) THE TEAM, and have to watch a McCarthy defense year in and year out loooooool.
Even then, the Packers forum never mattered.