Where does Dangerwich go in 2024?

flv2

Reaction score
Maybe a team thinks he's worth $18.5M+ guaranteed for 2 years and trades for him. I don't see that value but then I didn't see the value for Wentz, (twice), Ryan, Carr, and Garoppolo.

Assuming that doesn't happen and he's cut before March he will become 1 of 15-20 fringe starters chasing the 3-6 starting jobs still available after the Draft. It'll come down to market value and is he a fit.

toffee

Reaction score
Maybe a team thinks he's worth $18.5M+ guaranteed for 2 years and trades for him. I don't see that value but then I didn't see the value for Wentz, (twice), Ryan, Carr, and Garoppolo.

Assuming that doesn't happen and he's cut before March he will become 1 of 15-20 fringe starters chasing the 3-6 starting jobs still available after the Draft. It'll come down to market value and is he a fit.
Why would a team wants to trade for him when they could sign him after the release?

knownone

Reaction score
The Eagles. They wanted him before the Broncos trade. He's one of the few QBs that fit their system. I doubt Russ would sign on as a backup, but that's his best stylistic fit.

flv2

Reaction score
Why would a team wants to trade for him when they could sign him after the release?
If no team thinks he's worth $37M over 2 seasons then no team should trade for him and the Broncos should cut him...assuming they have space to account for the $85M cap hit. If the Broncos think he's worth $37M+ to them over the next 2 seasons then they shouldn't cut him. No-one is privy to their valuation. If the Broncos think he's worth more than $37M, say $44M, but another team thinks he's worth $50M then that's where a trade would come into play. I don't think he's worth $37M but i've underestimated the willingness of GMs to overpay for QBs on multiple occasions.

flv2

Reaction score
The Eagles. They wanted him before the Broncos trade. He's one of the few QBs that fit their system. I doubt Russ would sign on as a backup, but that's his best stylistic fit.
The Eagles are incredibly tight to the cap and have extremely limited wiggle room.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You know I get huge Me3 vibes off of Hurts style of play every time I watch him.
anyone else see the resemblance?Same height about and build ect, don't like the
pocket long,love taking off and chucking deep balls.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
You know I get huge Me3 vibes off of Hurts style of play every time I watch him.
Hurts mostly seems disinterested since getting paid..

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If no team thinks he's worth $37M over 2 seasons then no team should trade for him and the Broncos should cut him...assuming they have space to account for the $85M cap hit. If the Broncos think he's worth $37M+ to them over the next 2 seasons then they shouldn't cut him. No-one is privy to their valuation. If the Broncos think he's worth more than $37M, say $44M, but another team thinks he's worth $50M then that's where a trade would come into play. I don't think he's worth $37M but i've underestimated the willingness of GMs to overpay for QBs on multiple occasions.
No one is picking up his current contract, it would be career suicide for a FO.

Where it gets intriguing is whether a team offers him anything beyond a one year contract.

No cap expert, but I’d assume you’d have to do incentives (vs signing bonus) if you wanted to leverage the low salary strategy driven by Denver’s offset clause.

Mizak

Reaction score
He should go backup Aaron Rodgers. The New York Media, tho……

flv2

Reaction score
No one is picking up his current contract, it would be career suicide for a FO.

Where it gets intriguing is whether a team offers him anything beyond a one year contract.

No cap expert, but I’d assume you’d have to do incentives (vs signing bonus) if you wanted to leverage the low salary strategy driven by Denver’s offset clause.
No-one is suggesting any team would trade for the entirety of Wilson's contract. That would be insane. It would cost the Broncos $76M to have Wilson for 2 years. It would cost them $39M for no-one to have Wilson. The question is whether any team values 2 years of Wilson at more than the $37M difference. If they do they could potentially trade for what they're prepared to pay and have the Broncos eat the rest. If no team values 2 years of Wilson at $37M+ he'll be cut. The Broncos would prefer to pay Wilson $26M and have another team pay Wilson $50M+ over 2 years rather than pay Wilson $39M just to cut him. Finding a team willing to pay Wilson at least $37M might not be easy.

LastRideOut

Reaction score

Hurts looks more like a pocket passer to me. The best comparison to Wilson would be Tebow. The only difference is Tebow has the more successful Bronco career, with one playoff win.