Which award will give 12s the most fist pumps.

Most fist pumps from you for

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
This team is in “Let Russ Cook” scoring mode right now and the defense is rounding into shape. To say Geno isn’t good enough is laughable. Just keep winning Geno and Co.

BASF

Reaction score
But for a little UN-Grounding sprhawk73, Mahomes has CONTINUETY going for him, Geno is FAAAAR from being an established 'Tempered by Fire' Starting Quarterback, WITH 2 Rookie Tackles & Rook RB, ALL learning a NEW System.
The "Bigger Picture"> Mahomes has been in the Limelight for the last 3+ years and has been Considered a 'Golden Boy' right from the get-go.
I don't think that it is a new system. This was the system that Waldron installed last season. Wilson was unwilling to run it, because he believed he knew better than the coaches (in actuality it was him realizing that it wouldn't mesh with his weaknesses).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Agreed but my point is that Geno can’t carry this team. If Walker goes down, it’s all over and we are right back where we were with RW. Not good enough without a good defense and running game. Take one away and it fails.

That is why we need a better QB because Geno can’t put enough points on the board.

Walker is the future so his award would mean the most.

What teams do you see succeeding consistently with nothing but a one-dimensional team that's lackluster except for one player?

balakoth

Reaction score
I don't think that it is a new system. This was the system that Waldron installed last season. Wilson was unwilling to run it, because he believed he knew better than the coaches (in actuality it was him realizing that it wouldn't mesh with his weaknesses).
Its new for all the rookies across the board in general is what I believe he meant not necessarily to the team

balakoth

Reaction score
Agreed but my point is that Geno can’t carry this team. If Walker goes down, it’s all over and we are right back where we were with RW. Not good enough without a good defense and running game. Take one away and it fails.

That is why we need a better QB because Geno can’t put enough points on the board.

Walker is the future so his award would mean the most.
Before Walker started touching the Ball on the regular, Geno was still throwing at a high level period. Just an odd stance for me I guess. No team is good enough without a good defense and a running game.. what team out there is going to go deep right now that doesn't have those things?

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Before Walker started touching the Ball on the regular, Geno was still throwing at a high level period. Just an odd stance for me I guess. No team is good enough without a good defense and a running game.. what team out there is going to go deep right now that doesn't have those things?

To answer your question, we were. The Seattle Seahawks for past 5 years with RW finding ways to win games we should have lost.

Penny was coming into his own before going down and Walker looks like the real deal, but the jury is still out.

BASF

Reaction score
To answer your question, we were. The Seattle Seahawks for past 5 years with RW finding ways to win games we should have lost.

The most interesting aspect of Hero-ball Syndrome, is ignoring the fact that our former QB would dog it in the first half of games so he could have the late game heroics he admitted time and time again to "live for."

Mick063

Reaction score

Penny was coming into his own before going down and Walker looks like the real deal, but the jury is still out.
The offense has not looked this consistent in years. Alternate universe theory only works on a certain type of person. Those that can be talked into not trusting what their eyes are showing them.

Torc

Reaction score
Any of those awards would thrill me. I'd be especially stoked to see a combo offensive and defensive rookie of the year.

But the icing on the cake would be Geno as MVP, and Russ (still without an MVP vote) sitting at home watching his replacement in the playoffs. Remember the grumpy look at the Super Bowl after his man of the year award? Picture that look x1000. :)