Which Game to Attend

pmedic920

Reaction score
Side note.
The SeaHawkers threw an incredible tailgate in Dallas last time, I'd expect this go round to be as good, or better.

For those contemplating an away game.

Edit: forgot to mention, the Dallas game is on Xmas eve, I've found that there tends to be more tickets available on this date. Prices run a little cheaper as well. Obviously that late in the season there could be huge "playoff" seeding at stake, if so, none of the above will hold true.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Decision made and ticket bought. Going to see the Texans October 29. thanks for all the input

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Green Bay is a bucket list venue for me. I bought 2 tix the the season opener.
Scratch one off the list.
Todd, let me know if you go.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":wvnawomk said:
Green Bay is a bucket list venue for me. I bought 2 tix the the season opener.
Scratch one off the list.
Todd, let me know if you go.

I was thinking either that one or the tennessee game....still up in the air.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If I can swing it, giving myself a birthday present with the Jacksonville game. Should be able to fly into Orlando on the cheap with Alegiant and wouldn't think ticket prices would be unreasonable.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":282grdco said:
If I can swing it, giving myself a birthday present with the Jacksonville game. Should be able to fly into Orlando on the cheap with Alegiant and wouldn't think ticket prices would be unreasonable.

Thinking that idea myself.
2 hours to Jax and 2 hours back the next day. I am thinking Southwest tho.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1pbjflkj said:
All games are afternoon games. I think they would try to get a game that is in the later afternoon to slide into the flex spot...but is not a guarantee.

Yes, NFL uses East Coast time, so all Sunday games are 'afternoon' games. ;)

Steve2222

Reaction score
Stationed at Fort Bragg, Jacksonville and Tennessee are the two games I'm eyeing right now.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1shmxwfb said:
Siouxhawk":1shmxwfb said:

I wish we had Southwest. I think Alegiant is on a Saturday-Tuesday schedule to Orlando from where I'm at, so that would work out well. Let's keep in touch and think about some tailgating in 8 months :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Going to try to go to the game in LA, the SNF game against the Colts and maybe the TNF game in Arizona. Would love to go see the Titans roadie though. So we'll see.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ankmyhh said:
Seahawkfan80":1ankmyhh said:
Siouxhawk":1ankmyhh said:

I wish we had Southwest. I think Alegiant is on a Saturday-Tuesday schedule to Orlando from where I'm at, so that would work out well. Let's keep in touch and think about some tailgating in 8 months :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

If it works out....oh hell yea. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: Me > :greetingsearthling:

RussB

Reaction score
Yea id would go to the texans game. 2 teams with great defenses battling it out.

RSherman25fan

Reaction score
I've only been to 2 Seahawks games and the home opener was one of them, so I would say go for that if you can. First game of the season is a ton of fun

drcool

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":b2iqloyr said:
Hey.......If I make the plan I want, I may have to fly into Orlando....is that a decent plan to fly into and out of Orlando as it is 2 hours away???

Depending on traffic 2 hours is a stretch. I would plan on a 3 hour drive. Jacksonville doesn't have a great selection of hotels or anything so staying in Orlando isn't a bad move. The beaches here are really nice so if that is your thing it might be worth a night or two in Jacksonville.

I am guessing flights are cheaper and more plentiful to Orlando as well. So overall it isn't a bad option.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drcool":nvo2y52f said:
Seahawkfan80":nvo2y52f said:
Hey.......If I make the plan I want, I may have to fly into Orlando....is that a decent plan to fly into and out of Orlando as it is 2 hours away???

Depending on traffic 2 hours is a stretch. I would plan on a 3 hour drive. Jacksonville doesn't have a great selection of hotels or anything so staying in Orlando isn't a bad move. The beaches here are really nice so if that is your thing it might be worth a night or two in Jacksonville.

I am guessing flights are cheaper and more plentiful to Orlando as well. So overall it isn't a bad option.

Thanks. The flights into Orlando are cheaper and more available than the one or 2 into Jax.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ok, I have a question for those in the know....I'm coming to the Texans Game on October 29th. It looks like I can catch a flight at 6:00 am that gets me into SEA at 10:30 am. I can get a return flight at 8:55 pm that same night. My questions are:

1) Is the LInk Light Rail the best transportation option as I won't have any luggage nor be needing a hotel?

2) With the game start time scheduled for 1:05. I assume that even with overtime, the game should be over before 6. Does this leave enough time to stick around til the end and walk to the train and get back to the airport in time for my flight?

Any other thoughts or options out there? I can get an earlier flight, and a later flight, but either/both options cost a little more than the option stated.

mikeak

Reaction score
So the game should be over by 4pm right - you could take an hour of OT and still make the 8.55pm flight especially having no luggage.

You can also then get to the airport earlier (if you decide to do so) and list yourself on the earlier flight list which sometimes charges $15 or something or just wait it out. Alternatively have a few more drinks.

Can't answer on the best transporation back. took the monorail in to town from the airport and very easy - haven't taken it back to the airport

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":20b3ubsm said:
So the game should be over by 4pm right - you could take an hour of OT and still make the 8.55pm flight especially having no luggage.

You can also then get to the airport earlier (if you decide to do so) and list yourself on the earlier flight list which sometimes charges $15 or something or just wait it out. Alternatively have a few more drinks.

Can't answer on the best transporation back. took the monorail in to town from the airport and very easy - haven't taken it back to the airport

I've always stayed at least several days so I usually had a car or took an airport transfer. It's been quite a few years since I've been able to attend a game, and everything sort of fell right for me this year.

The flights I'm considering are on Delta as I have enough mileage built up for a free trip (well it's like $10 taxes) from some international flights I'd taken, so there's not as many options there. If I go Alaska I only have the miles for one way (as I used a bunch last year to take the family to NY). I'm glad the 8:55 sounds like plenty of time. My concern was if the train back is hard to get (ie gets full and I'd have to wait too long or anything). Hoping that isn't usually a problem for a Sunday Gameday.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3uaigmx3 said:
Ok, I have a question for those in the know....I'm coming to the Texans Game on October 29th. It looks like I can catch a flight at 6:00 am that gets me into SEA at 10:30 am. I can get a return flight at 8:55 pm that same night. My questions are:

1) Is the LInk Light Rail the best transportation option as I won't have any luggage nor be needing a hotel?

2) With the game start time scheduled for 1:05. I assume that even with overtime, the game should be over before 6. Does this leave enough time to stick around til the end and walk to the train and get back to the airport in time for my flight?

Any other thoughts or options out there? I can get an earlier flight, and a later flight, but either/both options cost a little more than the option stated.
Somebody should do a profile on your one-day journey as I would think you would log the most miles to and fro a game in one day. If there's any Hawks marketing reps lurking, kidhawk's your man!