Which Game to Attend

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2awo6yrk said:
kidhawk":2awo6yrk said:
Ok, I have a question for those in the know....I'm coming to the Texans Game on October 29th. It looks like I can catch a flight at 6:00 am that gets me into SEA at 10:30 am. I can get a return flight at 8:55 pm that same night. My questions are:

1) Is the LInk Light Rail the best transportation option as I won't have any luggage nor be needing a hotel?

2) With the game start time scheduled for 1:05. I assume that even with overtime, the game should be over before 6. Does this leave enough time to stick around til the end and walk to the train and get back to the airport in time for my flight?

Any other thoughts or options out there? I can get an earlier flight, and a later flight, but either/both options cost a little more than the option stated.
Somebody should do a profile on your one-day journey as I would think you would log the most miles to and fro a game in one day. If there's any Hawks marketing reps lurking, kidhawk's your man!

I like the way you think, but I know several people that pull this off on a semi-regular basis. I have even talked to people from Fairbanks who have done it and they are definitely further than I am in Anchorage.

It will definitely be a long day, but I haven't been able to come down to a game for quite a few years now. It seems like it's always something more important to pay for. Luckily I got all my ducks in a row this year and it's working out extremely well. My only real concern at the moment is getting back and forth from the airport to the game in a timely fashion. I definitely want to get as much time in the gameday atmosphere surrounding the stadium. Get back to Temple pre-game and not have to stress about getting back to the airport afterwards. I am pretty certain the plan in place will work well though, but I'm open for any thoughts and ideas others may have to make things as smooth and painless as possible.

mikeak

Reaction score
Since we don't have UBER up here in Anchorage that may be forgotten about. They have the share ride concept as well and I would think getting a shared Uber from the stadium to the airport after the game would not be that hard. Maybe I am totally wrong but it should at least be a backup option that would be pretty cheap

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":112v34st said:
Since we don't have UBER up here in Anchorage that may be forgotten about. They have the share ride concept as well and I would think getting a shared Uber from the stadium to the airport after the game would not be that hard. Maybe I am totally wrong but it should at least be a backup option that would be pretty cheap

I'm not sure about the shared option, as I'm coming alone and not sure anyone else would be going to the airport straight from the game (although it wouldn't surprise me, I just think that the odds of me running into those people would be less than likely. Luckily though I budgeted for airfare, so by getting my tickets through mileage, I always have the option of using Uber or a cab as a last case scenario. It's not the cheapest thing in the world, but if I plan for the possibility then don't need it I'll be better off than if I plan on cheaper and end up having to shell out for a full fare back to the airport. I'm sure it will all sort itself out when gameday gets closer. Still sooooooooooo long to go

mikeak

Reaction score
^ that is not how UBER works

You put it in the app that you are willing to get an uber that is shared. It charges you less than if you take a dedicated uber but it stops and picks them up. You don't have to find anyone - they do

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":25yyoj1g said:
^ that is not how UBER works

You put it in the app that you are willing to get an uber that is shared. It charges you less than if you take a dedicated uber but it stops and picks them up. You don't have to find anyone - they do

Ahhhh well that makes more sense. Is it still less even if there happens to be nobody else needing one in that area at the time?

AgentDib

Reaction score
kidhawk":3pg4fci4 said:
1) Is the LInk Light Rail the best transportation option as I won't have any luggage nor be needing a hotel?
The Light Rail is hands down the best option. It runs directly from the airport to the stadium every 6-10 minutes and only costs a few bucks. Take the International stop instead of Stadium and it will let you off across the street from the North entrance to C-Link. The ride from Seatac to International takes about 30 minutes.

kidhawk":3pg4fci4 said:
2) With the game start time scheduled for 1:05. I assume that even with overtime, the game should be over before 6. Does this leave enough time to stick around til the end and walk to the train and get back to the airport in time for my flight?
Plenty of time. Barring triple OT I'd get dinner in Seattle afterwards and then hop back on the Light Rail around 7. Rain Shadow Meats is a great place to get a sandwich north of the Stadium but they are not always open on Sundays during the Fall.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":3criub3d said:
kidhawk":3criub3d said:
The Light Rail is hands down the best option. It runs directly from the airport to the stadium every 6-10 minutes and only costs a few bucks. Take the International stop instead of Stadium and it will let you off across the street from the North entrance to C-Link. The ride from Seatac to International takes about 30 minutes.

kidhawk":3criub3d said:
Plenty of time. Barring triple OT I'd get dinner in Seattle afterwards and then hop back on the Light Rail around 7. Rain Shadow Meats is a great place to get a sandwich north of the Stadium but they are not always open on Sundays during the Fall.

Great advice. I'd been reading up about the Light rail a bit and it seemed like the best option, but I just assumed a station named "Stadium Station" would be closest to the stadium. Your advice about the International station will shave a bit of time and walk especially since my plan is to swing into Temple before the game.

As for the after the game options, I'm definitely considering hanging out til about 7 before hopping the rail back. Hopefully we win it in regulation and I can have a bit of extra time to enjoy the W (yes I'm assuming the win) before heading home for work the next day.