Which receiver is gone next year?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Soppie":19kzz7lh said:
razor150":19kzz7lh said:
I like Lockette as a gunner, but he has no value as a receiver and wouldn't keep him over anybody else. He will probably start the year on the roster, but be dropped after Richardson is activated.

You cant be serious? No way they move up in the draft and take a guy in the 2nd round to drop him.
Lockette, as is Rocardo LockettE, not Tyler Lockett

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2u3ngxzd said:
You really have to be pretty thick skulled to think Kearse is going anywhere. He's literally the only guy on the team who's made big plays on the outside with any measure of consistency that we have.
He's a wsu fan so :229031_shrug:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
razor150":1dhoixda said:
vin.couve12":1dhoixda said:
I think you have to look at the redundancy of Richardson, Norwood, and Lockett in the slot particularly if you're Doug Baldwin. Doug CAN play on the outside, but he's not nearly as effective there as Kearse and it really looks like Matthews is going to take a lot of reps there. You also factor in having Jimmy play basically every position as well.

We'll keep 6

Kearse
Matthews
Baldwin
Richardson
Norwood
Lockett
Lockette

I listed 7 because Richardson probably isn't going to play for at least the full first 6 weeks on PUP. Beyond that it will all sort itself out through injury.

I think we add Vince Mayle too though. I'm not going to assume that everyone stays healthy. Neither will PC and JS.

I am pretty sure Richardson with his skill set projects as a #2 receiver. I agree about Baldwin, to many slot receivers. If one develops he is the one that gets bumped. Norwood also has more potential on the outside with his size then Baldwin.

I am hopeful of Mathews, but not holding my breath. I am sure he will be given a harder look this off season. We'll see if he sinks or swims. Ideally I'd like to start the season with Mathews and Norwood as the starters on the outside, and Lockett and Baldwin splitting time at the slot.

Richardson flat out needs to get stronger. This isn't Madden. With our DBs roughing him up I'm sure he'll get better, but he's still got quite a ways to go himself. First thing first for him is to put on some good lean weight (not too much) so durability isn't a long term issue and especially so that he isn't pushed off his route so easily.

As for Matthews, there are some innate things about him that I really, really like. Body control and more importantly, a quick snatch and tuck. He hands catches the ball and tucks it away really quickly. It was one game, but I do think it's more of a foretelling rather than an anomaly. Obviously I don't think we expect that level of production, but he has an obvious skillset.

Giblien

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1mhohwi0 said:
I think Baldwin, Lockette and Kearse will be gone next year. I can't tell u why cause idk but I just have a feeling.
No way all three are gone. Maybe one. But three? No way.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1k75m5zu said:
vin.couve12":1k75m5zu said:
You really have to be pretty thick skulled to think Kearse is going anywhere. He's literally the only guy on the team who's made big plays on the outside with any measure of consistency that we have.
He's a wsu fan so :229031_shrug:

It's not just him. Everyone sees it all the time and Kearse is literally the only one who comes down with the ball on the outside enough that he's earned the trust of RW to just throw it up there. Obviously big plays down the field isn't the only the only aspect of being a FL or SE, but it's a big one. Particularly for the overall spacing of a given play. The defense has to respect it.

Every time I see the cut Kearse stuff I'm just blown away and the sheer "But it's got electrolytes" aspect of it.

Soppie

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11p2g0oo said:
Soppie":11p2g0oo said:
razor150":11p2g0oo said:
I like Lockette as a gunner, but he has no value as a receiver and wouldn't keep him over anybody else. He will probably start the year on the roster, but be dropped after Richardson is activated.

You cant be serious? No way they move up in the draft and take a guy in the 2nd round to drop him.

My fault.
In that case I am with you, if he makes the team out of camp at all.

mikeak

Reaction score
Soppie":219s33b4 said:
Hawkfan77":219s33b4 said:
Soppie":219s33b4 said:
razor150":219s33b4 said:

My fault.
In that case I am with you, if he makes the team out of camp at all.

A shame we didn't draft Michael Bennet and Lockett this year :)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
If Kearse catches that ball in the superbowl that he dropped we probably win the game.

For as clutch as he can be he is also prone to make mistakes that kill drives.

I won't miss him when he's gone.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3ah7haeo said:
If Kearse catches that ball in the superbowl that he dropped we probably win the game.

Shut your mouth, you're making too much sense!

Fade

Reaction score
Seattle carried as many as 7 wide receivers last year on the 53. I see 6 right now

1 Baldwin
2 Kearse
3 Lockett
4 Matthews
5 Norwood or another Rookie
6 Lockette

PUP P-Rich

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Kearse
Matthews
Baldwin
Lockett
Norwood
Lockette

Richardson

I see that being our lineup, with Richardson coming off the pup and knocking off Lockette. But that also depends on if Norwood shows up. Same goes for Matthews. We really need them both to. I want a receiving corp that we can depend on to make plays.

Rocket

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1ubpf59i said:
I think Baldwin, Lockette and Kearse will be gone next year. I can't tell u why cause idk but I just have a feeling.
That's not a common feeling. I could see one of 'em but all three??? Might the feeling just be gas?

Rocket

Reaction score
Giblien":1trrgp4x said:
dopeboy206":1trrgp4x said:
No way all three are gone. Maybe one. But three? No way.
My apologies for almost quoting you.
I did add the gas part, tho... so there's that.

randomation

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":1ea7x9gm said:
You guys forgetting just how big Kearse has been for us in the big games?

I don't think Norwood is worth keeping over Kearse. Ultimately you want a guy who can make the big time plays when they count.

I think you are forgetting he also dropped a 3rd down pass that was pretty much perfect that would have iced the super bowl. Prior to making the final score against GB he was directly responsible for 2 of the picks as well.

razor150

Reaction score
vin.couve12":13y6bs2u said:
razor150":13y6bs2u said:
vin.couve12":13y6bs2u said:
I think you have to look at the redundancy of Richardson, Norwood, and Lockett in the slot particularly if you're Doug Baldwin. Doug CAN play on the outside, but he's not nearly as effective there as Kearse and it really looks like Matthews is going to take a lot of reps there. You also factor in having Jimmy play basically every position as well.

We'll keep 6

Kearse
Matthews
Baldwin
Richardson
Norwood
Lockett
Lockette

I listed 7 because Richardson probably isn't going to play for at least the full first 6 weeks on PUP. Beyond that it will all sort itself out through injury.

I think we add Vince Mayle too though. I'm not going to assume that everyone stays healthy. Neither will PC and JS.

I am pretty sure Richardson with his skill set projects as a #2 receiver. I agree about Baldwin, to many slot receivers. If one develops he is the one that gets bumped. Norwood also has more potential on the outside with his size then Baldwin.

I am hopeful of Mathews, but not holding my breath. I am sure he will be given a harder look this off season. We'll see if he sinks or swims. Ideally I'd like to start the season with Mathews and Norwood as the starters on the outside, and Lockett and Baldwin splitting time at the slot.

Richardson flat out needs to get stronger. This isn't Madden. With our DBs roughing him up I'm sure he'll get better, but he's still got quite a ways to go himself. First thing first for him is to put on some good lean weight (not too much) so durability isn't a long term issue and especially so that he isn't pushed off his route so easily.

As for Matthews, there are some innate things about him that I really, really like. Body control and more importantly, a quick snatch and tuck. He hands catches the ball and tucks it away really quickly. It was one game, but I do think it's more of a foretelling rather than an anomaly. Obviously I don't think we expect that level of production, but he has an obvious skillset.

You won't get any arguements from me about Richardson, he does neeed to get stronger. I think he was beginning to show some promise before he got hurt. Hopefully it doesn't slow down his progress too much.

I hope you are right about Mathews. He flashed the #1 receiver skills Pete seems to prize in a big body receiver.

blkhwk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2x4pt499 said:
You guys forgetting just how big Kearse has been for us in the big games?

I don't think Norwood is worth keeping over Kearse. Ultimately you want a guy who can make the big time plays when they count.

Sure big catches in both NFCCG's, but also very inconsistent. (Big drop in 49, @ KC, poor plays on the ball that could have saved a int or two in the NFCCG)

If the routine plays are made........big plays may not have to be made

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3opx3ybh said:

If you are blaming Kearse for losing the Super Bowl then you have issues. I am not saying Kearse is All Pro but blaming the Super Owl lose on him is ridiculous. Yes he can drop passes and if we found a more consistent guy then I would jettison him. Until then he is a better option than unproven rookies. You don't just get rid of someone because you don't like them. Plus he is still young and developing.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":2a867nlo said:
Remember Matthews had ONE game for us last year. Sure it was a great game and yes his profile is not matched on the team but we now have Graham for redzone.

Not saying he is gone but he better bring it this years training camp....

That ONE game was the biggest game of the season and he looked better than any receiver had all season in that game. I think the biggest problem with the wide receiver position was that all the receivers were basically the same. Matthews is different and creates mismatches easier so I think he'll stick.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ks8jw437 said:
You really have to be pretty thick-skulled to think kearse is safe. He's literally the only guy on the team (besides earl thomas, wink wink) who has dropped passes with consistancy that we have.